HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Review] ASUS RT-N56U Wireless-N Dual-Band Router - Bringing Sexy Back

Like Tree1530Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #1186

Can anyone advise how to disable QOS on 1.0.1.8j firmware?

Much appreciated, thanks!
newkidontheblock likes this.
Asheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1187
Supremacy Member

Hi Negativezero,

Will there be a significant difference if i upgrade to padavan firmware against current? I read some review about some unable to connect to wifi or more frequent drop of connection.

Thankz.
Never had that problem, I prefer this to the stock firmware because it is faster.
Hi Negativzero,
If I use Padavan without asking for direct ONT, can set the vlan thingy? I'm now using official firmware and vlan tagging. Can do the same using Padavan? If yes, please share how to do it. TIA.
Can set VLAN under the WAN settings.
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #1188

Download speed 200+ but upload speed only 10+. Anyone can help ?
Simonkwq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #1189

Just a question to ask. Living in a 5room flat, if i would purchase a n56 and place at one end of house, and my desktop at the other end of the house. Will the n56 be able to send the signal over? My desktop wireless is tp link wn951n. please advice. many thanks!
LaughAtYourAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #1190
Banned

Just a question to ask. Living in a 5room flat, if i would purchase a n56 and place at one end of house, and my desktop at the other end of the house. Will the n56 be able to send the signal over? My desktop wireless is tp link wn951n. please advice. many thanks!
1. hit-and-miss. Your end interpretation and others might be different. if what you are talking is line-of-sight i will say, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Wireless is always hit-and-miss

2. already told you your adapter cmi.

why are you asking the same thing over and over again?
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #1191
Banned

Download speed 200+ but upload speed only 10+. Anyone can help ?
upgrade firmware or check with your ISP
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #1192

1. hit-and-miss. Your end interpretation and others might be different. if what you are talking is line-of-sight i will say, shouldn't be too much of an issue. Wireless is always hit-and-miss

2. already told you your adapter cmi.

why are you asking the same thing over and over again?

You may want to go and buy Asus USB-N53 which is what I am using for my desktop now. My desktop is in my bedroom and router is in the living room. So far connection is fine.
meganova97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #1193

Never had that problem, I prefer this to the stock firmware because it is faster.

Can set VLAN under the WAN settings.

Negativezero,

I tried to upgrade the firmware to padavan latest but seems like the processing takes ages and I give up.
I log in to my Asus homepage, select browse to upgrade to the padavan firmware. Is this the correct method or I need to download another software?

According to the padavan website, the advice was that if the current FW is working fine and we do not need the latest upgrade, we should keep to the existing one.
meganova97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1194
Banned

You may want to go and buy Asus USB-N53 which is what I am using for my desktop now. My desktop is in my bedroom and router is in the living room. So far connection is fine.
i have no issues with mine.

that is the prob. Can you guarantee USB N53 can do wonders? can get what your fibre subscription plan is? If LaughAtYourAss bought it and it did not get what you said, will you refund him?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #1195
Banned

Negativezero,

I tried to upgrade the firmware to padavan latest but seems like the processing takes ages and I give up.
I log in to my Asus homepage, select browse to upgrade to the padavan firmware. Is this the correct method or I need to download another software?

According to the padavan website, the advice was that if the current FW is working fine and we do not need the latest upgrade, we should keep to the existing one.
yes.

then nothing to continue any further. You can stick to what you have if there is no issue with your current 1.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #1196
Supremacy Member

Negativezero,

The padavan firmware has a different interface from the stock firmware. So if you don't see it, the router didn't upgrade.

Anyway yeah, you should follow their advisory. If no problem, don't bother, unless you're a tinkerer and want better speed and stability
negativzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1197

Best lay lan cable direct connection
Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #1198

upgrade firmware or check with your ISP
Settle Liao qos problem...
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #1199
Banned

Settle Liao qos problem...
self-pwned.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #1200

u can try homeplug.
xingkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.