HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asus N56U Singtel Presets

Like Tree160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #31

Hi,

Thanks for all the information guys! I've signed up for the SingTel 200Mbps plan and they'll come to install next week. After reading, this is what I've decided to do.

By the way, i'm re-using all my 200Mbps homeplugs. I've also opted out of Mio Voice and will be using my analog phone line.

Will this config work, especially the AP in Bedroom 1? Thanks!

Hi,
Please help me to confirm.
Am I right to say that this 2 models from asus can be use to replace 2wire router? Including phone and mioTV? Do I need to perform any configuration? If yes, can someone point me to the link or pm me the steps?
Thanks in advance.
newkidontheblock likes this.
jovially is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #32
Supremacy Member

pardon me, why need preset/profile? i thought it is auto one. i plug my n56u to ont, it get the ip automatically. no setting need to be done.

thanks
ninelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #33
Master Member

pardon me, why need preset/profile? i thought it is auto one. i plug my n56u to ont, it get the ip automatically. no setting need to be done.

thanks
Answer can be found in the first post.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #34
Master Member

New StarHub MaxInfinity preset beta. Those concerned, please help to test. Note that this firmware may not work as intended with regards to Digital Voice if my assumptions are wrong, since the info from weap0nx seems to indicate some uncertainty with the VoIP VLAN info. I am just taking a stab here with VID 1095 PRIO 1 for this beta.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwo...FIxT19DUExLQzg

ps: compiled by Asus rather than myself, since I had some problems with my build environment, and I have no time to spare to redo my vm for the third time.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #35
Master Member

Purpose of the above firmware is to test and confirm specifically two things: Digital Voice parameters and if different MaxInfinity plans use different VLAN IDs. Please report what SH plan you are using, and whether internet/voip works as intended.

Last edited by Qubicfactor; 10-04-2012 at 11:11 PM..
Qubicfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #36

Clarify....the Asus router replacing the 2wire is to boost te wireless signal ? How much more is expected or experienced by bros here ?

How much is it and the best place to get it ?

Thanks !
sgspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #37
Master Member

New StarHub MaxInfinity preset beta. Those concerned, please help to test. Note that this firmware may not work as intended with regards to Digital Voice if my assumptions are wrong, since the info from weap0nx seems to indicate some uncertainty with the VoIP VLAN info. I am just taking a stab here with VID 1095 PRIO 1 for this beta.

ps: compiled by Asus rather than myself, since I had some problems with my build environment, and I have no time to spare to redo my vm for the third time.
Purpose of the above firmware is to test and confirm specifically two things: Digital Voice parameters and if different MaxInfinity plans use different VLAN IDs. Please report what SH plan you are using, and whether internet/voip works as intended.
Talking about the above, not padavan firmware, just to be clear.
Old 25-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #38

Do I need to bridge the 2wire 5012NV when connecting port 3 of RT-N56U to 5012NV for Miovoice.
Singtel-MIO Preset
TP l ONT l Asus RT-N56U
Port1--> Computer
Port2--> Computer
Port3--> 2Wire 5012NV (Bridge or Route mode)--> mioVoice
Port4--> mioTV

Last edited by LC88; 25-04-2012 at 08:49 PM..
LC88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #39

Thought of buying this router, anyone successfully configured it to work with Starhub Fiber along with VOIP?
Cyberboy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just got the RT-N56 running behind the 2wire 5012NV in bridge mode. Firmware 1.0.1.7f stock. Noticed the transmission in my DNS-323 is not running anymore. Anyone faces the same issue here?
ahtancw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #41
Master Member

Hmm currently using the black modem provided by Singtel, it takes bout 2-3 min for the lights to be stabilize if I change to asus n56 will it take that long?
sHaDy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #42

Anyone knows how to connect the asus router for singtel fibre n miotv?
wei_pltd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #43

Just tried this beta firmware, the internet works with me. VOIP was cancelled so couldn;t test that. I'm on MaxInfinity Ultimate.

This was my previous setting:
Manual VLAN Config
Internet VID: 1071 PRIO: 1
orbnrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #44

Anyone knows how to connect the asus router for singtel fibre n miotv?
port 4 is for TV.

The rest use as normal.
Old 15-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #45

The only difference between the 2 presets is that “Singtel-Others” assumes that you do not have MioVoice and hence frees up port 3 for internet/lan use. Alternatively, you can set it up manually by selecting “Manual”. Need more ports? Get a gigabit switch.
In what state is LAN3 supposed to be in Singtel-Others? Vlan 10 untagged?

After applying Singtel-Others (or any other preset) and then choosng Manual it will show the values already in the boxes that correspond for the previously applied preset. For Singtel-Others it shows the value for LAN3 as vlan 0 prio 0. I wonder if those were real or just kind of placeholders meaning nothing?

Last edited by Pedro70; 23-06-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Pedro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.