Asus N56U Singtel Presets

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to ask this as this tread very long..

I am with Singtel Fibre, and the PACE wireless is not strong for my home.

1) Can I use the N56u to directly replace the pace device?
2) Is the N56u coverage strong (My place is a 2 level and the router will be at the lower lever corner)
3) Beside N56u, any other model that is popular now?

MuXGuardian

Banned
Reaction score
I am getting the same issue with my Asus N56U router and SingTel 300 Mbps plan.

Am checking with the forum if there is a fix or we should just get an AC router to fully benefit from the 300Mbps plan and speed from SingTel
Asus n56u? This router is not as the best as what I heard. They have N66U which is crazy.

sp0rky

Reaction score
Hi, realise that my mio voice is not working. CAn I clarify on what are the ports that have to be plugged?

Connect phone cable to pace. Then pace use Ethernet cable plugged into which port of pace and then other end plugged to which port of 56u?

Then on 56u which port takes in mio tv and which port goes mio voice?

atnetcom

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a black color ONT from Singtel and did the following setup :

TP-> ONT -> ASUS RT-N56U

I am unable to get any internet connection between ONT and the router, the LAN1 light on the ONT is not lighted up. However, when i connect the ONT back to the router from Singtel, the LAN1 light lighted up and have internet connection.

Anyone can tell me what i did wrong ?

Thanks

You cannot get it to work this way.
ONT can only work with the singtel router that is provided, and your top-end asus router should hook up via the typical lan port on the singtel router ie. aztech/2wire.

swishhhh

Reaction score
Just got the RT-N56U, works fine with my ZTE ONT. I used the quick setup and changed the settings to Other ISP which is the last option. Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.374_979, this is the firmware version.

syihabuddin

Reaction score
You cannot get it to work this way.
ONT can only work with the singtel router that is provided, and your top-end asus router should hook up via the typical lan port on the singtel router ie. aztech/2wire.

Rubbish. Please do not make statements that are not right and misleading.

ericyhs

Reaction score
Updated firmware

Hi all,

Just bought Asus rt-66u today, already update the firmware from Asus, do I need to install 3rd firmware like padavan? Mio tv able to watch but wireless seems like no constant.
I have selected Singtel-Others preset since I don't have Mio Voice.

Appreciate your kind advise.

coma123

Reaction score
I managed to get 2 MIOtv STBs working on my asus n56u using latest Padavan firmware.

My setup looks like this

ONT
|
Asus N56U
|---->lan port 1 not in use
|---->lan port 2 not in use
|---->lan port 3----> Miotv STB 1 ( living room)
|---->lan port 4----> home plug---->home plug----> Miotv STB 2 ( MBR )

there are 2 issues however and I was hoping someone was able to help me out. I tried turning on both set top boxes on different channels for some time. both seems to be working fine and able to change channels.

problem 1) when turning on both set top box there will be a lag ( video and audio stutter for a moment) before everything goes back to normal. sometimes need to change channels before they go back to normal.

problem 2) whenever I turn off 1 of the STBs, the other one will be disconnected. however, this can be solved by making it go to standby and ON again on the affected STB. there is no reconnecting like when u plug out the adapter. it turns on instantly and from then on I can watch normally. problem will happen only when 2 STBs are ON at the same time and 1 of them is turned off.

I wouldn't consider this a major problem as I think that I am heading in the right direction and at least I don't have to rely on the Pace router or a switch just because I have 2 STBs. however, it would be ideal if I can eliminate these small issues and would appreciate any form of guidance.

I am not very well versed in this area and I apologise if my explanation is hard to understand

Bro, care to share your settings in padavan? I am trying to set my n56u up for internet and 2x mio tv stb as well but can only get 1 box working. :s11:

happinesscuminpairs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firewall Obstruction

Having issue with the firewall obstructing my android phone app accessing my Sony Bravia TV.

Any expert know how to set firewall to on and yet able to allow my android phone app to access my Sony TV as a remote control?

TIA

eugene04

Reaction score
2 STB and Miovoice

Hi, Can anyone advise if this setup is possible?

ONT
|
Asus N56U
|---->lan port 2----> 2Wire 5012NV (Mio Voice)
|---->lan port 3----> Miotv STB 1 ( living room)
|---->lan port 4----> Miotv STB 2 ( MBR )

How do I change the vlan for port 2?

Thanks a lot.
Eugene

aikboon

Reaction score
MioTV not working

Hi all,

I have the following connections:
ONT
|
Asus N56U
|---->lan port 3----> 2Wire 5012NV (Mio Voice)
|---->lan port 4----> Gigabit switches (MioTV + PCs + Media players + NAS)

My MioTV isn't working even though I have chosen Singtel Mio preset. However, all my other devices connected to port 4 is able to get connected to Internet.

Anyone has any idea what went wrong? Can port 4 be used this way?
TIA!

miltongoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the following connections:
ONT
|
Asus N56U
|---->lan port 3----> 2Wire 5012NV (Mio Voice)
|---->lan port 4----> Gigabit switches (MioTV + PCs + Media players + NAS)

My MioTV isn't working even though I have chosen Singtel Mio preset. However, all my other devices connected to port 4 is able to get connected to Internet.

Anyone has any idea what went wrong? Can port 4 be used this way?
TIA!

Have you tried making Port 4 dedicated to MioTV? I have encounter this once at my friends place and that's how we solve it. Switch your Gigabit Switch to Port 1 / 2.

Cheers.

rtypefreedom

Reaction score
Just bought this N56U from M1 users. Install and tested. Work fine but the wireless signal not so good. Only hit 50mbps. I suppose wireless N can go up to maximum of 300mbps.

hi i have the same problem as above. current setup as this

Singtel-MIO Preset
TP l ONT l AZtech DSL 7002 GRV(S)
Port1--> ASUS N56U
Port2--> XBOX 360
Port3--> empty
Port4--> empty

Asus N56U ( continue from above)
Port1--> CPU
Port2--> CPU
Port3--> CPU
Port4--> MIOTV

Wirless test equipment Lenovo G400, Sony ultra Z hp and apple MVP,sam tab 3

But the wireless i do both test at the same place, same location in 1 room with door close.Thest equipment all in living
ASUS on 2.4HZ 20mbps D/L U/P 19mbps 5HZ 40 D/L , U/p38~40Mbps
Aztech on 2.4 5Mbps d/L ,U/L 10 Mbps 5HZ 20D/L ,U/P 19Mbps

Beside both router( take turn take down switch)
Wirless test equipment Lenovo G400, Sony ultra Z hp and apple MVP,sam tab 3
ASUS on 2.4hz D/L 30~35Mbps, U/P 35 ~40Mbps. 5HZ D/L45~50mbps U/P same

Aztech on 2.4HZ D/L45~50+/-Mbps,U/P same .5HZ 90+~100+/-Mbps U/L OR D/L same

LAst test in master-bedroom using Xperia Z ultra and S4

so my ASUS n56 when both room door close i get less than 25+/-MBPS ???? normal (masterbed room next room) But i log on to aztech but is locate living room i get same reading is it normal for asus to have such a low reading ???? currently ASUS router using newest software ( the aztech is setup as the describe as abovE):s22::(
Currently on 300 mbps and miotv plan

please help
Thanks in advance

A2yincor

Banned
Reaction score
Help. I am only getting 100mbps instead of the 1gbps connection on my N56U. Is there anything that i can do or should i just rma it?

addats

Reaction score
Check the App help, there should be a port that need to be in the firewall forward list.
Having issue with the firewall obstructing my android phone app accessing my Sony Bravia TV.

Any expert know how to set firewall to on and yet able to allow my android phone app to access my Sony TV as a remote control?

TIA

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for creating this preset for MIO Fibre users.

SIngtel, are you reading this thread. I don't mind paying more for a better modem. Can you give us the options?

Elvi_76

Reaction score
Long time nvr chk my firmware. Realized I was still in firmware ver 1.0.1.8e.

I tried going Asus website d/l latest firmware Ver 3.0.0.4.374.5656 but the file seem to have issue.

Any expert can help?

bornwild4

Reaction score
Can this setup be done on RT-AC68U model? Thanks.

Easyly bro, for 68u..
I used Merlin Fw.. there is a Singtel preset.
infact on 56u, stock firmware also had Sintel preset.

Once u change to Asus router, just make sure u had copy down ur Mac address from the old router provided by Singtel and paste it in Asus router..

Best router I ever had..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.