Aztech powerline HL110EW weird issues, pls help..

cherchye

Reaction score
Firmware updated but the wireless still not working...."limited connectivity".. Really appreciate any help

cherchye

Reaction score
I am also unable to connect to laptop using the HL110EW and error showed "Limited Connectivity". The PL-Act LEDs on the HL110E and HL110EW light up.

The HL 110E and HL110EW were working properly for only 3 days out of the box. Thereafter i cannot connect to internet via HL110EW anymore.

I have tried ethernet connection between HL110E and HL110EW and it works.

Router used is the Linksys Wireless WRT54G router.

Is this due to the firmware version or the IP address conflict?

Pls help? Frustrated after spending many days of getting the firmware upgraded and the 2 devices to talk to one another. Now left with the wireless issue.

jchoong

Reaction score
Is your 110EW plugged directly to a wall socket or to an extension strip? If it is the latter, then try with another extension strip. These homeplugs seem to be sensitive to type of strips and also its pin position on the strip itself. My setup (ext strip) has been working well for a month now. BTW, I use a different SSID for the 110EW, i.e. not the same as the router.

DiscMan

Reaction score
actually, should jus try with a different SSID to be certain that the wireless is the cause of the problem. Jus to share, i started off using the same SSID as my home wireless network on the 110EW. Then i reallise that some devices will try to switch between the APs due to the signal strength. When i set the 110EW to be a different SSID, the whole setup becomes more stable. The device will auto switch between the networks as i move without me noticing much difference. hope this helps.

cherchye

Reaction score
Thanks jchoong and Discman, i have tried different SSID from the router as well as trying different channels for the hl110ew wireless set-up. My devices can connect to the SSID but no internet connection. Very puzzling, should i just send it to aztech for repair?

DiscMan

Reaction score
Thanks jchoong and Discman, i have tried different SSID from the router as well as trying different channels for the hl110ew wireless set-up. My devices can connect to the SSID but no internet connection. Very puzzling, should i just send it to aztech for repair?

like that maybe really got a lemon.. should just send it back for RMA asap..

cherchye

Reaction score
Discman, thanks...looks like i got a lemon...i will drive to aztech at ubi for repairs....
Haiz...only use it for 3 days.....really disppointed....

pieski

Reaction score
I have similiar problem too. I have the 110E and 110EW, using aztech router. My laptop, iphone and my dad's htc hero can connect to the router via wifi. My laptop can connect via wifi to 110EW. BUT iphone and htc phone cannot connect wifi to 110EW... weird and frustrating. Removed all encryption etc for testing and no difference.

BUT when I swapped the router to my old linksys router, every works fine.

Sent a pm on this couple of weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet.

================

i followed the instruction on the forum my ipad can connect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial163.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/7297-ipad-3-2-1-wont-connect-wpa2-wlan.html

cherchye

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind advices. I went down to aztech service centre and they could not figure out why the all my devices can link up with the network but with limted connectivity. In the end, i got a one for one exchange for the HL110EW. Works perfectly now.

cherchye

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind advices. I went down to aztech service centre and they could not figure out why the all my devices can link up with the network but with limted connectivity. In the end, i got a one for one exchange for the HL110EW. Works perfectly now.

Just to give an update....my hl110ew showed the same problem 'limited connectivity' last night. In the end, i changed the router ip address to 192.168.2.xx and the HL110ew works perfectly fine now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

cherchye

Reaction score
Looks like changing my router ip did not really solve all the problem.... Now i have to set static address for my devices linking the hl110ew.

Jack5on

Reaction score
Looks like changing my router ip did not really solve all the problem.... Now i have to set static address for my devices linking the hl110ew.

How is your setup now dude.. I also getting a limited connectives now and the weird thing is when i set my security setting to WPA2 i will only get 54Mbps if i set it to Open. I will get a 300Mbps connection flat.. Its only 2days old and its driving me mad~!

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my home plugs

HL110EW + HL110E at Challenger Vivo City on 27th Dec 2011.

I cannot seem to get the Network light to light up.

When I connect the HL110EW to my router and Desktop I am able to surf net

No such luck for the HL110E

I am unable Keep getting a Limited Connectivity Avaliable

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium on the desktop and

Windows XP SP3 on the laptop

My router is a Dlink Dir-655 V1.21 firmware and Hardware version A3

The Adapters were working fine out of the box till a week ago.

Could someone help me to identify which one is the faulty unit

When I connect the HL110EW and try to upgrade the 206 firmware I end up getting Device not Connected both on my laptop and my desktop

the HL110E or the HL110EW?

Thanks

helprent

Banned
Reaction score
I got my home plugs

When I connect the HL110EW and try to upgrade the 206 firmware I end up getting Device not Connected both on my laptop and my desktop

Thanks

27th Dec 2011.:D

Windowlover

Reaction score
I got my home plugs

Thanks

Why not try connecting laptop direct to route to confirm this connectivity before using powerline ? I hoep not software issue.

flyingfish

Reaction score
cannot wifi with HL110EW

Just got 2 x HL110EW at the IT Show.

Plan is

Starhub cablemodem -> HL110EW#1 -> wireless 11b/g/n + power line + wired laptop@1

power line -> HL110EW#2 -> laptop#2

Good news, laptop2 can surf the internet. So the 2 HL110EW are paired.

Bad News, no wifi at all from HL110EW#1 or #2.

laptop#1 cannot even wifi to HL110EW#1. I made sure the SSID and passkey setup are the same. Windows can see the ssid, signal excellent, but it dies at acquiring network address.

Any help please ?

manifold

Reaction score
Good news, laptop2 can surf the internet. So the 2 HL110EW are paired.

Bad News, no wifi at all from HL110EW#1 or #2.

laptop#1 cannot even wifi to HL110EW#1. I made sure the SSID and passkey setup are the same. Windows can see the ssid, signal excellent, but it dies at acquiring network address.

Any help please ?

Normally, you will need a router in order for more than 1 computer to access the web since you can only obtain one IP address from the Starhub DHCP server through the modem. If I understand your setup correctly, only the laptop which obtains the IP address first will be able to access the web.

flyingfish

Reaction score
Normally, you will need a router in order for more than 1 computer to access the web since you can only obtain one IP address from the Starhub DHCP server through the modem. If I understand your setup correctly, only the laptop which obtains the IP address first will be able to access the web.

The HL110EW manual shows no router is needed. Isn't that the whole point of the powerline networking? Manual pg 19/45 shows HL110EW + wireless + powerline + cable modem + laptop where the wireless beams to a PDA. The powerline goes into the next room with a wired PC and a wireless laptop.
picture here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60625608@N08/5521720345/
Update, I also tried OPEN access (no password, no encryption). Still cannot connect wirelessly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.