HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Aztech WL556E: No internet Access Prob

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #16

just a quick update:

i could not get connected to the internet soon after an hour. I was connected to my wireless router but it showed i had no internet connection.

called TP Link (my wireless router brand) and they found nothing wrong with the settings of the router.

turned the repeater off and got connected to internet again. turned repeater on again and i could still get access to internet......

.....until i brought my laptop near the repeater and connected to it via LAN cable. got a good result from speedtest.com.sg but when i walked back to my wireless router, i got the same problem again i.e. connected to wireless network but no internet access.

turned off the repeater and got my connection back.

i think something may have gone wrong as my laptop switched from repeater back to router.

not happy about this and it looks like this product is not working as advertised.

any experts can give some insights?

thanks.

for whats its worth, i called Aztech again and they said i needed to do a firmware upgrade. tried that and now its worse, when connect via LAN cable, my laptop cant detect open the GUI. Tried pinging its IP address but there was no packet loss.
phuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #17

Can't work!

Hi all, I just purchased this and I can't even access to the web GUI 10.0.10.254. It just can't load at all. Anyone can help?
Acoustica76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #18

HI guys, jus bought this gadget, tot will be easy, plug and play. But facing a lot of problems now. The most frustrating would be, NO CONNECTION even connected via LAN cable!!! The rest are like wat the others bros have mentioned, regarding the wireless. Please help.
achilles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #19

Sounds dejavu whenever Aztech releases some new products So conclusion, doesn't pay to buy when it launch or simply dun touch that brand ?

Food for thoughts ! Merry Christmas
ayeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #20

Hi all, basically the problem is I have excellent network connection and have IP addresses . I am using M1 fibre 100mbps and the HG router. My network status show an excellent connection of 130mbps (which I dun understand abit cos when I test using Speedtest, I only get max 42 nia). The only PROBLEM is I GOt No Internet Connection !!! Why ??? Pls help.
Old 25-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #21
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, basically the problem is I have excellent network connection and have IP addresses . I am using M1 fibre 100mbps and the HG router. My network status show an excellent connection of 130mbps (which I dun understand abit cos when I test using Speedtest, I only get max 42 nia). The only PROBLEM is I GOt No Internet Connection !!! Why ??? Pls help.
Some router like HG256 maybe the firmware loaded with unoptimized driver for the wifi, so 42 instead of ~55Mbps practical throughput

Internet wise, make sure you're not getting DHCP lease from WL556.
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #22

Hi all, I just purchased this and I can't even access to the web GUI 10.0.10.254. It just can't load at all. Anyone can help?
Bro, when you enter 10.0.10.254 and the GUI doesn't load, you need to clear your cache in internet explorer. If you are using IE8,

1. From the Safety menu in the upper right, click Delete Browsing History... .

2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.

3. Click Delete.

When you are done with this, enter the 10.0.10.254. That should work. I am using a router where I need to enter 192.168.1.1 but it doesn't load until I clear the cache in IE.
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #23

Some router like HG256 maybe the firmware loaded with unoptimized driver for the wifi, so 42 instead of ~55Mbps practical throughput

Internet wise, make sure you're not getting DHCP lease from WL556.
Bro, simi is DHCP lease ?
Old 26-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #24

Aztech WL556E Wireless-N (300 Mbps) Repeater/Extender - Looking for Usability Testers

Should have read this b4 buying this thingy!...Arrrgh.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #25

Hi guys, some update regarding this issue.

I have finally had this repeater running liao. My brother-in-law helped me to set it. I think he went into the repeater gateway (10.0.10.254) to set, I forgot how he did it, but got something to do with getting the SSID and WPA of my HG router.
B4 it was resolve, I always receive a seperate wireless signal from the Aztech repeater (i.e, the ssid of Aztech), after I resolved it, I only see my HG signal and no more Aztech, and the signal strength increased from 54 to 130mbps!
The only problem is I still cannot connect it direct with cable to my PC ! I think its probably my PC's problem cos when I connect it to other PC, it works well too.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #26

Could you check with your Bro in law what he did? I am having problems with this device as well. Also, are u using a MAC or Win 7 to connect to your repeateR?
thanks!

Hi guys, some update regarding this issue.

I have finally had this repeater running liao. My brother-in-law helped me to set it. I think he went into the repeater gateway (10.0.10.254) to set, I forgot how he did it, but got something to do with getting the SSID and WPA of my HG router.
B4 it was resolve, I always receive a seperate wireless signal from the Aztech repeater (i.e, the ssid of Aztech), after I resolved it, I only see my HG signal and no more Aztech, and the signal strength increased from 54 to 130mbps!
The only problem is I still cannot connect it direct with cable to my PC ! I think its probably my PC's problem cos when I connect it to other PC, it works well too.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #27

Could you check with your Bro in law what he did? I am having problems with this device as well. Also, are u using a MAC or Win 7 to connect to your repeateR?
thanks!
I m using XP 3, I cannot access into the Aztech's gateway ever since I "linked" in together. Tats y I can't remember wat are the steps.
But did u see the Aztech wireless signal ? Can u connect to this wireless connection? My previous problem was, I can connect to the wireless network but does not have internet connection.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #28

Ya it seems it only have problem wif Win Vista onwards ler....XP i heard no problem. I get 5 bars but no internet connection
Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #29

Aztech Repeater

Basically the default IP for WL556 is 10.0.10.254. Once you completed the configuration from the WEB gui through this IP and it function as a repeater. You can no longer input this IP address. It is stated in their instructions manual.

What you need to do is to set your laptop's ethernet/wireless to a static IP. I always prefer to use the ethernet LAN. Set to 10.0.10.1, subnet 255.255.255.0

Then you can administer 10.0.10.254.

What I found from this repeater is that the signal that are 'repeated' wirelessly has become slow. Eg: I have a 10Mbps. A normal wirless signal direct from the router gives me 10Mbps+-. When I move into a repeater zone, it hardly give me 3Mbps!
haans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #30

Just bought the AZTECH repeater and its not working

I just bought the repeater today, and I am encountering the same problem as everybody else.

After configuring the repeater, the connection to the wireless router is stronger, but the internet connection is lost. When I turn the repeater off, I can get the internet connection.

I am using the AZTECH WL557RT4 (surprise surprise) with the WL556E repeater. I managed to copy all the wireless SSID etc from the system survey list and entered the necc passcode.

Has anybody got it to work at all? This is an utterly disappointing product, and equally disappointing tech support.
dgl12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.