HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Aztech WL556E Wireless-N (300 Mbps) Repeater/Extender - Looking for Usability Testers

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #31

i'm also facing EXACTLY the same problem. unable to "repeat" the network signal. been trying for WEEKS! arghhh. any solutions for the repeater?
aloykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #32

I have configured the WL556E as a wireless bridge. In my testing so far, I found that I need to first switch on the main router before switching on the WL556E before it will work. If I switch on the WL556E before the main router, I will not be able to bridge to the main router. I must reconnect to the WL556E (via 10.0.10.254) and then go through the set-up via the web browser again.

Any other uses having this behaviour with their WL556E?
i wonder if there is anyone who actually has got it to work and can share with us how its done.
phuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #33

I google for a wireless extender and found this post, any solution yet?
Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #34

it seems like the spokesman for aztech just vanish after witnessing so many problems reported related to the device
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
Supremacy Member

it seems like the spokesman for aztech just vanish after witnessing so many problems reported related to the device
i dont know how to reply this sentence
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #36
Banned

why no more news on the usability tester?
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #37

I'm also interested as I am now looking for repeaters/extenders
Was planning to get the Aztech but not sure now with the current reviews.
wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #38

Allow me to share what went wrong when I was assisting a colleague of mine who was having difficulty to set it up where many of you was experiencing no response when you enter the ip address 10.0.10.254 for the initial setup. This made him misunderstood that the repeater is a lemon set...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the repeater. The fact that your internet explorer or rather Firefox will be connected to your main router via wireless when you fire up your notebook; trying to setup up your repeater by entering 10.0.10.254 in your browser, the "no response" is due to the current activity where the browser is locating 10.0.10.254 via the internet, not your repeater.

To overcome this, you will need to disable your wireless client on your notebook to prevent your browser from engaging with your wireless router as it needs to engage with the repeater by entering 10.0.10.254.

When you have successfuly set it up, then enable your wireless client on your laptop and you are good to go.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #39

Allow me to share what went wrong when I was assisting a colleague of mine who was having difficulty to set it up where many of you was experiencing no response when you enter the ip address 10.0.10.254 for the initial setup. This made him misunderstood that the repeater is a lemon set...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the repeater. The fact that your internet explorer or rather Firefox will be connected to your main router via wireless when you fire up your notebook; trying to setup up your repeater by entering 10.0.10.254 in your browser, the "no response" is due to the current activity where the browser is locating 10.0.10.254 via the internet, not your repeater.

To overcome this, you will need to disable your wireless client on your notebook to prevent your browser from engaging with your wireless router as it needs to engage with the repeater by entering 10.0.10.254.

When you have successfuly set it up, then enable your wireless client on your laptop and you are good to go.
Well said, thanks for highlighting as I am one of them who assumed it was defective. However, many of us, including myself, was wondering what went wrong during the initial setup when the ip address was entered...and nothing displayed.

It has never striked me that my Internet Explorer was searching for a page through the internet with the given ip (10.0.10.254), as my computer was linked to my main router when windows started.

Until I removed or turned off the wireless connectivity from my computer to the main router, then everything was easy having to plug my ethernet cable to the repeater and my computer to set it up with the given ip address.

I placed the repeater in the dining hall where the 2 common bedrooms has weak wireless access and now, I am getting a perfect wireless signal across the 2 common rooms.
Dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #40

Hi there,
Currently, I am using a network printer connected to the DIR-655 router. However, I will like to re-locate my printer to another room.
Can Aztech WL556E be used to connect via ethernet cable to the printer? Will be be able to work in this case?

Can anyone advise me before I purchase?

Thanks in advance!
SoSongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #41

Hi. Could anyone be so kind to share their review on the product? I need to get one for my parents room. Thanks!
imreallyugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #42

Hi there,
Currently, I am using a network printer connected to the DIR-655 router. However, I will like to re-locate my printer to another room.
Can Aztech WL556E be used to connect via ethernet cable to the printer? Will be be able to work in this case?

Can anyone advise??? who uses such connectivity?
SoSongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #43

Hi there,

Can anyone advise??? who uses such connectivity?
It doesn't work that way. In scenarios like this, you should be using a pair of homeplugs. One end connected to your main router and the other could be anywhere in your home via the ethernet cable to your printer.
goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #44

Can anyone advise if I should consider this repeater?

Some stats of my current setup:

- 2 floors living space
- M1 100mbps fiber
- ONT to Aztech WL852RT4 (10/100) on 1F
- Plan to place WL556E on 2F

Thanks in advance all.
pathfinder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #45

Athough the product does improve the wireless signal coverage on some areas but there is too many drop connections. surf halfway connection lost and then re-connect back again. Wouldnt use it if you are doing some transaction or upgrading a firmware of the device through online. imagine connection lost half-way for no reason and then screw up the wholeprocess.

Looks good on the specs but it doesnt service well

Last edited by beast; 17-01-2011 at 10:37 AM..
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.