Aztech WL580E shut off by itself

limz_777

Reaction score
anyone have problem with this repeater ? day 1 works ok , day 2 intermittent connections , day 3 sometimes shut off by itself

does it shut off on its own ? totally no light on .

icedchicken

Reaction score
Disappointing first experience

This is the first time i'm using an Aztech product - I skipped over Cisco and other better known brands to go for his one. The salesperson at Harvey Norman was convinced this was superior than the competition - so what the heck. The repeater I bought was the WL580e, it has the additional 5GHz band which is supposed to allow better speeds.

But its been a disappointment from the start. It worked okay on the first day, and then randomly started restarting itself. From the 3rd day, it would completely shut down when someone tried to connect to it.

The print on the box says its been designed in Singapore - maybe thats why its being pushed so aggressively in stores but the product's performance isn't going to win it any rave reviews.

lwandyh

Reaction score
This is the first time i'm using an Aztech product - I skipped over Cisco and other better known brands to go for his one. The salesperson at Harvey Norman was convinced this was superior than the competition - so what the heck. The repeater I bought was the WL580e, it has the additional 5GHz band which is supposed to allow better speeds.

But its been a disappointment from the start. It worked okay on the first day, and then randomly started restarting itself. From the 3rd day, it would completely shut down when someone tried to connect to it.

The print on the box says its been designed in Singapore - maybe thats why its being pushed so aggressively in stores but the product's performance isn't going to win it any rave reviews.

Bro i bought this product last week and was using fine. But today afternoon, it auto restart/ hang whenever connect to 5G. Damn it stupid product. Don know whether can go service not.

Yours also the same problem?

camperpig

Reaction score
Hi icedchicken , So in the end you managed to solve the issue? I just bought and also face the same issue of shutting off itself and now it cant work.
HOw do you all solve the issue?

myangcht

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same issue too then I went back to the computer shop and he keep on insisting saying my home power is having problem. A normal wall plug is 13 amp and the Aztech WL580E only uses 0.12 amp. This is ridiculous!
I am going to send to Aztech service center (Msia) tomorrow and see what they say.

Fsng316

Reaction score
Oh dear, I am having the same issue here after using for about 3 mths. It will auto shut down. Need to off/on power and it will be Okay for a week and auto shut down again. Damn Sian...

royalice

Reaction score
same problem auto off randomly after 1 week .
Connection wise is good . but auto shut down is unacceptable.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe its time to RMA lor.. more people RMA-ing for the same problem will prompt the team to look into their products and improve subsequent designs..

Average

Banned
Reaction score
Careful buying Aztech's networking products.

This model's problem i have heard long ago, it is widespread. So i concluded that the product design itself is in fault.

At one point in time, it was even removed from shelves in a major IT chain store for months!! (quietly, they only explain out of stock but i knew something is amiss, especially when the store received so many returns).

Now it is back on shelves but with price dropped. I have lost confidence in model and I advise caution.

P.S. Something is not right about their 4G mobile wifi as well, not sure if Aztech has rectified. I have heard multiple complains about really slow cellular connection speeds that their service technicians could not rectify. But this might be due to a lousy QS in manufacturing process because not all customers are experiencing it.

Think09

Reaction score
Thank for the inform.I almost want to buy this.So any recommend on dual repeater ?:)

pattyef

Reaction score
This is frustrating. I just got mine. :(
Anybody solved the issue? I initially thought it was just an IP conflict thing. :s11:

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have stopped using all these repeaters from any brands. Best is to pull lan cable from router and then get a router to act as an access point.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.