Bad Experience with SingTel

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree. User problem. Still want to blame telco. 20gb of usage a month.... Can't help but wonder what that is about. Forget about threatening about household usage. The lost of that business won't move the profit needle.

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that your experience with other Telcos won't be any better. Ultimately, the onus is on you as the user to monitor and manage your own data usage.

I am using a 4g mobile data sim from M1, and I regularly exceed my limit (partly due to my own oversight), often paying an extra $20-$30 a month. M1 doesn't even send any notifications or reminders; I have to rely on a Huawei app to check my usage from time to time.

I know this, but I also value the convenience I get from having a ready source of internet wifi. And so I pay.

Oh, and the free data sim that the Telcos give you is often a trap. It has a very low data cap (usually 1 gb), and you will definitely exceed this cap. They earn when you have to pay the extra data usage. That free 1gb sim I got from M1 has been lying in my drawer ever since. :s22:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You all notice TS never make a comment since starting the thread?

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe competitior .... Wanted to degrade Singtel...

In the end shot own feet.... :s13:

atulsood

Reaction score
Never ever consider Singtel for any service

Singtel has the worst customer service and least respect for its customers. Would not advise anybody to even consider Singtel for any service. My net, phone and TV are down since yesterday. I have spent hours on phone with them to get it ficxed. After 10s of wasted hours they have logged in a ticket but the earliest they will send a technician is 5 days later on Nov 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? I have even written a mail to their VP Customer Care Ms. C Chua but there is no surprise that there is no action whatsoever. One of the Singtel managers Rasool made a most outrageous and disrespectful statement that for the 5 days of no service he will offer me a discount on my bill for 5 days. This was the most shocking and disrespectful resolution I ever heard from any service provider. Wish there was a process to take Singtel to court and force them to pay damages. None of that seems possible. Till then spread the message to simply stay away from Singtel. It's not a company worth considering association of any form.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that your experience with other Telcos won't be any better. Ultimately, the onus is on you as the user to monitor and manage your own data usage.

I am using a 4g mobile data sim from M1, and I regularly exceed my limit (partly due to my own oversight), often paying an extra $20-$30 a month. M1 doesn't even send any notifications or reminders; I have to rely on a Huawei app to check my usage from time to time.

I know this, but I also value the convenience I get from having a ready source of internet wifi. And so I pay.

Oh, and the free data sim that the Telcos give you is often a trap. It has a very low data cap (usually 1 gb), and you will definitely exceed this cap. They earn when you have to pay the extra data usage. That free 1gb sim I got from M1 has been lying in my drawer ever since. :s22:

Just to update you. The mobile SIM data limit is 500MB now. No longer 1GB. Haha..

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Don't all android phones come with a built in data monitoring app that can warn and shut off mobile data at the limit you set

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even m1 was 1gb now is 500mb
Follow singtel
Only left hub is still 1gb

ym_tan2

Reaction score
if not wrong, it’s the app as it will try to connect to mobile network even if u have wifi network. I encounter this as I got a third party VPN installed and when I found it, i immediately factory reset my device. It is well known fact that devices are now being hacked and infected by spywares and botnets. There’s a report that Singapore got one of the highest hacked devices in the world because of high mobile penetration rates and piracy issues.

ym_tan2

Reaction score
You can also try to disable wifi assist as it is auto enable by default.

if not wrong, it’s the app as it will try to connect to mobile network even if u have wifi network. I encounter this as I got a third party VPN installed and when I found it, i immediately factory reset my device. It is well known fact that devices are now being hacked and infected by spywares and botnets. There’s a report that Singapore got one of the highest hacked devices in the world because of high mobile penetration rates and piracy issues.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This doesn't sound like the fault of Singtel. You have to know ipad can't sms, nor receive SMS. Like what they said, to avoid all these, you can switch your iPad to flight mode and on Wi-Fi. Using flight mode, there won't be any data connections.

We also have to be aware of the connections at all time. So to prevent uneccessary charges, just switch to flight mode.

ym_tan2

Reaction score
Lots of issues here can be resolve if they can Google for help. The Telcos also don’t owe the last mile now. They have to go through NetLink trust. Unfortunately, the users like to quickly point fingers to the Telcos. This is the cons of having NetLink trust as a unified fiber platform.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lots of issues here can be resolve if they can Google for help. The Telcos also don’t owe the last mile now. They have to go through NetLink trust. Unfortunately, the users like to quickly point fingers to the Telcos. This is the cons of having NetLink trust as a unified fiber platform.
For your info.
NGBN = NetCo, OpCo & Retail services.

The last mile is OpCo which are basically owned by the ISP themselves.
OpCo meaning the ONT /ONR from ISP managed.
ISP is known as Retail services.

NetLink Trust, known as NetCo, handle infrastructure that is cabling and connecting points between ISP and customers.
Cables are not easy to fail.
Failure due to fire as this did happened.

Last edited:

DeadmanINC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more like user problem to me need to restrict and control your data usage on ipad :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.