HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bad Experience with SingTel

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #31

if not wrong, itís the app as it will try to connect to mobile network even if u have wifi network. I encounter this as I got a third party VPN installed and when I found it, i immediately factory reset my device. It is well known fact that devices are now being hacked and infected by spywares and botnets. Thereís a report that Singapore got one of the highest hacked devices in the world because of high mobile penetration rates and piracy issues.
ym_tan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #32

You can also try to disable wifi assist as it is auto enable by default.

if not wrong, itís the app as it will try to connect to mobile network even if u have wifi network. I encounter this as I got a third party VPN installed and when I found it, i immediately factory reset my device. It is well known fact that devices are now being hacked and infected by spywares and botnets. Thereís a report that Singapore got one of the highest hacked devices in the world because of high mobile penetration rates and piracy issues.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #33

This doesn't sound like the fault of Singtel. You have to know ipad can't sms, nor receive SMS. Like what they said, to avoid all these, you can switch your iPad to flight mode and on Wi-Fi. Using flight mode, there won't be any data connections.

We also have to be aware of the connections at all time. So to prevent uneccessary charges, just switch to flight mode.
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #34

Lots of issues here can be resolve if they can Google for help. The Telcos also don’t owe the last mile now. They have to go through NetLink trust. Unfortunately, the users like to quickly point fingers to the Telcos. This is the cons of having NetLink trust as a unified fiber platform.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #35

Lots of issues here can be resolve if they can Google for help. The Telcos also don’t owe the last mile now. They have to go through NetLink trust. Unfortunately, the users like to quickly point fingers to the Telcos. This is the cons of having NetLink trust as a unified fiber platform.
For your info.
NGBN = NetCo, OpCo & Retail services.

The last mile is OpCo which are basically owned by the ISP themselves.
OpCo meaning the ONT /ONR from ISP managed.
ISP is known as Retail services.

NetLink Trust, known as NetCo, handle infrastructure that is cabling and connecting points between ISP and customers.
Cables are not easy to fail.
Failure due to fire as this did happened.

Last edited by eric3743; 14-11-2017 at 11:59 PM..
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

more like user problem to me need to restrict and control your data usage on ipad
DeadmanINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.