Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like CMSAVE is still active but cannot apply to NordVPN :(

SALE is a valid coupon code but does not seem to save for 3 year US$2.99 plan, still show US$107.55 for three years (better value than 2 year plan at US$95.75 or US$3.99 per month).

If you are not convinced to go with the 3 year plan, go to the 1 year US$83.88 (US$6.99 per month) and then apply coupon code “70off” to get it down to US$60 (US$5 per month. Just tried it and it works.

But I am sitting on the fence now — not willing to pay yet as my needs are fulfilled by free ones as of now. I will test the free ones during my next trip to China.

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SALE is a valid coupon code but does not seem to save for 3 year US$2.99 plan, still show US$107.55 for three years (better value than 2 year plan at US$95.75 or US$3.99 per month).

If you are not convinced to go with the 3 year plan, go to the 1 year US$83.88 (US$6.99 per month) and then apply coupon code “70off” to get it down to US$60 (US$5 per month. Just tried it and it works.

But I am sitting on the fence now — not willing to pay yet as my needs are fulfilled by free ones as of now. I will test the free ones during my next trip to China.

getting coupon doesn't exist for both SALE and 70off
- guess the CM codes were never meant to apply

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
getting coupon doesn't exist for both SALE and 70off
- guess the CM codes were never meant to apply

Hmm, 70off (seventy off) should work for 1 year plan to get the total cost down to US$60, just tried it myself. It is not for the other plan.

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmm, 70off (seventy off) should work for 1 year plan to get the total cost down to US$60, just tried it myself. It is not for the other plan.

thanks I guess the coupon does not exist cause the price is already at US$60 :/
ahhh CMSAVE20 would made it even cheaper. oh well

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried speedin paid version? How is the streaming quality and speed?

A while ago user “oohmygold” bought it.

I know the free line is not as good as Transocks but I do not know the performance of the paid lines. You can always give it a try.

Just paid for the pro version of speedin. I bought the 90 days package. Now they have the buy 1 get 1 free so it is kinda of cheap compared to others.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A while ago user “oohmygold” bought it.

I know the free line is not as good as Transocks but I do not know the performance of the paid lines. You can always give it a try.

You can actually register SpeedIn 快帆for free and gain VIP access for 30 minutes.

So I just did that and I tested Tencent Video, Youku and iQiYi and all are working fine for 720p, very smooth with the SouthEast Asia line. I can not test 1080p because I do not have VIP for Tencent Video, Youku and iQiYi. 1080p and 4K are exclusive to VIP members.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is a simple way to test US Geo-blocked content without trying paid service like Netflix US version?

For UK I understand that we can test with BBC iPlayer. Just tried with TUnSafe’s UK server and it does not work.

Edit: BBC is not easy either
https://www.fastestvpnguide.com/workaround-for-bbc-iplayer-vpn-not-working/

Edit: some ref here
https://www.hideipvpn.com/news/uk-us-georestricted-sites-access-vpn-smartdns/

The problem with the US sites is that many of live TV will ask for log in info with the local TV provider.

Tried to use TunSafe US server and not sure whether it is useful or not. Speed is pretty fast. Guess it will not be useful for Netflix since the UK server does not work with BBC iPlayer.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/2974317831

Last edited:

camile89

Reaction score
Anybody tried nordvpn with netflix on andriod tv box(minix u9)? I tried a couple of servers as advised by them but still get proxy error. But if on pc or mobile, it works fine :/

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried nordvpn with netflix on andriod tv box(minix u9)? I tried a couple of servers as advised by them but still get proxy error. But if on pc or mobile, it works fine :/
I think it'll only work with Netflix running on official Android TV OS..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.