HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)?

Like Tree481Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #31

Oh there is always a question to put up. In my experience of using VPN personally. I recommend you Hidemyass. It is far better VPN provider than others. It offers 49 Countries IP addresses. And many more user friendly features.
I advice you to check out this VPN Provider once.
http://www.bestvpnservice.com/providers/21/hide_my_ass!.html
can I launch several instances of different countries IP for HideMy Ass at the same time? eg... use proxy from US, NL, UK and SG at the same time.
newkidontheblock likes this.
Hafi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Supremacy Member

no one tried unotelly.com? it is a dns service though, not vpn.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #33

no one tried unotelly.com? it is a dns service though, not vpn.
testing not working , cant log in to netflix ,

reply back by email unotelly .com

It looks like the current Internet Service Provider you are with is using transparent proxies, which interferes with DNS services.
Our DNS system can't validate your account because every time you open up a page you will get a new network IP, due to the transparent proxies.
The only solution at this time to bypass the geo-restrictions is through VPN services. Aside from the UnoDNS services, UnoTelly is also offering our brand new product: UnoVPN - at a lower price than any other competing VPN services. You will get access to all the US / UK channels.

Here's where you can sign up for our UnoVPN:
https://www.unotelly.com/portal/cart.php?gid=7

As an apology for the incompatibility of our UnoDNS service with your ISP, let me offer you a 50% discount for the first month of UnoVPN.
Just enter the promo Code: [ ] at check out.
outer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #34

I'm using WiTopia. just renewed my subscription 3 months ago. so as for now, I am with them for 1 year & 3 months.
Old 26-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #35

Best VPN Provider

can I launch several instances of different countries IP for HideMy Ass at the same time? eg... use proxy from US, NL, UK and SG at the same time.
Yes Hafi, you can launch several instances of different countries IP through hidemyass VPN account because it provides dynamic ip.
AmmarNaeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #36

Yes Hafi, you can launch several instances of different countries IP through hidemyass VPN account because it provides dynamic ip.
thanks AmmarNaeem, thats what I want to confirm.
Old 27-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #37

google's goagent is the best one!
Old 27-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #38

google's goagent is the best one!
you sure? they track your email when you use gmail, track your online movements when you stepped onto websites using adsense displays, track your activities when you use their G apps, knows your physical location when you use G maps (GPS) and now you want them to know what you are trying to prevent anyone else to know?

do I make any sense?
Old 28-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone advise me on a good VPN for watching PPS TVB drama on iPad?
Tried out Overplay's HK VPN but sadly turned into nothing but a hair yanking experience.
Silverboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
Master Member

Wah is the set up for the VPN very hard?
Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

No, the set up was really easy.

What I didn't know was that the HK server isn't compatible with IOS devices, so it wouldn't work when I tried to use the service. Terrible support given to me by one of their staff caused me to wait 3 days to be told that information.

Now looking for a good VPN service so I can watch TVB dramas when I go over to my in-laws.
Old 29-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #42
Supremacy Member

Tried out Overplay's HK VPN but sadly turned into nothing but a hair yanking experience.
Unlike PPSTV on Mac, PPSTV on iPad works without a real China IP. But you do need a transparent proxy to insert in the IP X-Forwarded-For headers to "inform" the servers at PPS TV that you are actually in China. Of course, such method is abit more tedious, but no need to pay for anything extra if you already have a system that you can install virtual machines within the same network as your ipad.
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #43

Did you try BolehVPN: a VPN service offering security, anonymity, privacy and P2P at fast speeds
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

I don't think BolehVPN supports PPTP on their HK server.
They only have a US PPTP server.
Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Unlike PPSTV on Mac, PPSTV on iPad works without a real China IP. But you do need a transparent proxy to insert in the IP X-Forwarded-For headers to "inform" the servers at PPS TV that you are actually in China. Of course, such method is abit more tedious, but no need to pay for anything extra if you already have a system that you can install virtual machines within the same network as your ipad.
Whoa, buddy...Thanks for trying to help but I totally don't understand at all.
Not really that good with networks.
Mind explaining more or pointing me to a page where I can learn more?
Old 29-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #45
Supremacy Member

I don't think BolehVPN supports PPTP on their HK server.
They only have a US PPTP server.
Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Whoa, buddy...Thanks for trying to help but I totally don't understand at all.
Not really that good with networks.
Mind explaining more or pointing me to a page where I can learn more?
Are you IT savvy in the industry ? I'm just giving people with such skill sets to setup web proxy that can bypass the loophole that PPSTV setup. If you are not, then just stick with paid VPN.

I don't see any page of such information around. This is kinda niche. Reason I use this method is because I know proxy on ipad will not work for PPSTV. They uses a local server running in the app to circumvent any proxy settings and will mess up the traffic flow of the application. The only way is intercept the application in the middle of the internet traffic for port 80 traffic via transparent proxy and insert the X-Forwarded-For header into the http traffic.

You will need the following skillset

1) Understand how network runs including the idea of gateway
2) Able to setup a Apache web server running as transparent proxy with the necessary headers changing configuration
3) Able to configure the linux server firewall to reroute http traffic into the local apache web server during ingress and proceed for egress via the web server

But all you get from these tedious work is no paid service required to watch TVB movies in your PPSTV ipad. Doesn't work for PPTV though.
davidktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.