HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best VPN provider (In your opinion)?

Like Tree481Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
Arch-Supremacy Member

Are you IT savvy in the industry ? I'm just giving people with such skill sets to setup web proxy that can bypass the loophole that PPSTV setup. If you are not, then just stick with paid VPN.

I don't see any page of such information around. This is kinda niche. Reason I use this method is because I know proxy on ipad will not work for PPSTV. They uses a local server running in the app to circumvent any proxy settings and will mess up the traffic flow of the application. The only way is intercept the application in the middle of the internet traffic for port 80 traffic via transparent proxy and insert the X-Forwarded-For header into the http traffic.

You will need the following skillset

1) Understand how network runs including the idea of gateway
2) Able to setup a Apache web server running as transparent proxy with the necessary headers changing configuration
3) Able to configure the linux server firewall to reroute http traffic into the local apache web server during ingress and proceed for egress via the web server

But all you get from these tedious work is no paid service required to watch TVB movies in your PPSTV ipad. Doesn't work for PPTV though.
Thanks for elaborating further.
Unfortunately, I guess I will have to stick to paid VPN for the time being.
newkidontheblock likes this.
Silverboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #47
Supremacy Member

so for normal browsing US-blocked content in singapore, amazon ec2 is the one to choose from?
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
Supremacy Member

friends in china recommend FQVPN
so far so good. only downside is ..only 1 device per connection
but it's dirt cheap at RMB150/year

tested on iphone/ipad/macbook
Old 21-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #49

bump!

was looking around for a vpn service and coincidentally I ended up here!
I'm keen to get "private internet access" (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/), though I'm not sure how the speed will be like in Singapore.

some sites I looked through:
Five Best VPN Service Providers
https://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-p...iously-111007/

boleh vpn seems like a good candidate too coz all the other netizens says it has got excellent customer service and support.

--
Also, need all the bros opinion here..

I'm currently on normal cable connection and upgrading to fibre by the end of this year.
Would it make any significant difference in speed if I go over to fibre? Sorry, I'm quite an IT noob. I'm from an arts background..

Thanks all!
Old 27-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #50
Supremacy Member

Is there any trials for VPN? like i just wanna test if using a VPN i can watch a certain show.
Cause i don't want to sign up and realize i can't watch anyway.
shawniiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
High Supremacy Member

Hello guys, does VPN service help in watching EPL matches over P2P streaming? If yes, which one is the recommended and how should I go about doing it?
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #52
Master Member

I am in China now, will be here for a while, having issues surfing.

Which is the most value for money option i have, in terms of easy to use vpn setup, just install and hassle free, not too technical.

Regards
Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #53

Hi.
Not familiar with VPN.
Can some nice ppl suggest good and cheap VPN for access to hong kong? Eg that allows me to watch tvb.com from singapore whilst using VPN and Hk ip.

Thanks very much for ur help
bigbearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #54
Master Member

hi
can anyone advise how do i setup VPN in order for my AppleTV / PS3 to be able to access Hulu and Netflix ?

anyone using unblock-us.com DNS service ? Seems easy to use without installing any VPN client. It works on my PC as i can now watch hulu on PC but somehow i cant get it to work on my PS3 / appleTv.
wira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #55
Supremacy Member

HK bo leh...if have let me know also as can watch TVB channel
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #56

Hi.
Not familiar with VPN.
Can some nice ppl suggest good and cheap VPN for access to hong kong? Eg that allows me to watch tvb.com from singapore whilst using VPN and Hk ip.

Thanks very much for ur help
This one have HK server https://breakwall.net/
oric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #57
Supremacy Member

I am in China now, will be here for a while, having issues surfing.

Which is the most value for money option i have, in terms of easy to use vpn setup, just install and hassle free, not too technical.

Regards
using FQVPN for a mth now. for such price. really worth it
Old 22-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #58
Supremacy Member

Have you tried unotelly (http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/)? I have used it to watch netflix, hulu plus, bbc, etc. no need vpn, just change the dns server.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #59

I am currently using this vpn service http://www.cactusvpn.com. You may want to try the free signup which enable you to have a 24 hours free trial using either their US, UK or NL vpn. No credit card needed unlike many others vpn providers that either do not offers trial or they requires ton of information before letting you try so you got nothing to lose.

I personally tried this is China and I have no problem accessing facebook and youtube. So far the speed is quite smooth and the price is unbeatable, only US$38.99 per year. They also offer you a 30day money back guarantee.

Maybe the only downside is that you need to choose a specific server like either US or UK. For me, I chose the UK vpn because I use it to watch mainly bbc channels and for the Euro period which can be stream online using iplayer. I can only say it is smooth and better than those unstable streaming websites. Haha.. Sorry Singtel and Starhub.

Anyway, sorry for the WOT. Just wanted to provide my 2cents.

Last edited by souwes; 25-09-2012 at 03:03 AM..
souwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #60
Supremacy Member

i am using UnoTelly free trial now and works fantastic with my fibre connection! Only need to change the dns servers and you are all set. Only email address is needed for 7 days trial offer, highly recommend it to those who are interested to watch netflix hulu iplayer services etc.

http://www.unotelly.com
hstz and newkidontheblock like this.

Last edited by wc1985; 05-10-2012 at 10:27 PM..
wc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.