HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Calling on all TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router users!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #1

Calling on all TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 router users!

There seems to be some concern over this router's stability. Are there any current users of this router who can share their experiences, both good and bad?

Read a few forum posts on the official TPLink forum and seem like there is an issue with speed dropping to 0mbps after starting off fast. Any current users experience this problem or other problems please share Thanks!
killerslayer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
Master Member

Tiagong new firmware coming out soon which should address this issue.
dmstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #3

Tiagong new firmware coming out soon which should address this issue.
u hv inside info ah? u have experienced this issue? i just bought one over the weekend to try. so far no problems
Old 23-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #4

Just gotten this last week. Seems that it's pretty true that the problem did happened to me few times, even though wifi signal was strong, I did experienced drastic drops in surfing websites and did not load.
After maybe 30 secs, speed was back to normal.

Should not have happened since I was upgrading from an older TP-LINK model which supports up to 802.11n only, and everything was working great til I got this Archer 7.
luna_sea83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #5

Just gotten this last week. Seems that it's pretty true that the problem did happened to me few times, even though wifi signal was strong, I did experienced drastic drops in surfing websites and did not load.

Should not have happened since I was upgrading from an older TP-LINK model which supports up to 802.11n only, and everything was working great til I got this Archer 7.
so you experience websites that took 30s to load finish? did u experience drastic drops in download speeds? how often does this happen? please elaborate the circumstances (eg how long was the router on, intensity of network load, which ISP etc)

i would like to try and replicate the results as so far mine is working ok. note ive read some forums stating the issue is due to the NAT feature, u can try to turn it off and see if it helps.
Old 24-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Master Member

Try this method:
source: TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) Wireless Router Review | Without The Sarcasm

To overcome the download getting stuck you should not disable the hardware NAT, as that guy ensures the high WAN to LAN translation. A better solution is to enable bandwidth control and set it to the speed limit of your provider. This solved the problem for me without losing the hardware NAT, as my ISP download speed is 120Mbit :-)
Old 24-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #7

Try this method:

To overcome the download getting stuck you should not disable the hardware NAT, as that guy ensures the high WAN to LAN translation. A better solution is to enable bandwidth control and set it to the speed limit of your provider. This solved the problem for me without losing the hardware NAT, as my ISP download speed is 120Mbit :-)
ohhh but sg ISP dont seem to cap on the bandwidth. I see speeds greater than 200mbps for my 200mbps plan. so is the solution to simply add a cap for the sake of solving the problem or must the cap be near to the ISP bandwidth? eg should i set a fake cap like 999mbps?
Old 24-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #8

oh btw for general knowledge, during setup i encountered a problem where none of my devices can connect due to invalid password. i narrowed the problem to the auto security feature. u must set it manually to WPA2 or WPA whichever u prefer
Old 24-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #9

so you experience websites that took 30s to load finish? did u experience drastic drops in download speeds? how often does this happen? please elaborate the circumstances (eg how long was the router on, intensity of network load, which ISP etc)

i would like to try and replicate the results as so far mine is working ok. note ive read some forums stating the issue is due to the NAT feature, u can try to turn it off and see if it helps.
Yup i did experience the drastic drops in speed, which takes about 30 secs or more to recover. Wi-Fi signal strength was still full! I could experience this more then 3 times during an hour usage.

Router has been always on since i got it last fri, usual few devices like laptops and ipads gets connected but not using the network at all times...Using M1 fibre 100Mbps.

Had turn off the hardware NAT and see how it goes for the next few days.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #10

Try this method:

Thanks for the suggestion, will try it too and see how it goes.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #11

Yup i did experience the drastic drops in speed, which takes about 30 secs or more to recover. Wi-Fi signal strength was still full! I could experience this more then 3 times during an hour usage.

Router has been always on since i got it last fri, usual few devices like laptops and ipads gets connected but not using the network at all times...Using M1 fibre 100Mbps.

Had turn off the hardware NAT and see how it goes for the next few days.
this is freaky. i clicked on hardwarezone forums and my archer c7 decided to quit. i had a no connectivity icon on windows, couldnt even access the router settings page! lasted for a few minutes, decided to restart the router and problem solved. went into the system log, oddly the log started recording only a few minutes ago when the router has been running all day. to summarise, the router seemed to have restart by itself and tried to request a new DHCP (im nt sure how to call this) but it failed to get a new IP address either from the ONT or from M1. it said "no response". :s
Old 25-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
Master Member

this is freaky. i clicked on hardwarezone forums and my archer c7 decided to quit. i had a no connectivity icon on windows, couldnt even access the router settings page! lasted for a few minutes, decided to restart the router and problem solved. went into the system log, oddly the log started recording only a few minutes ago when the router has been running all day. to summarise, the router seemed to have restart by itself and tried to request a new DHCP (im nt sure how to call this) but it failed to get a new IP address either from the ONT or from M1. it said "no response". :s
Yo,

Perhaps can call them and check with them.
See if they are as proactive as Asus
So far my connection ok leh...

Details:
Singapore
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES (SG) PTE. LTD

Welcome to TP-LINK

Sales phone:
+65 8429 7983

Address:
20 Maxwell Road, #07-13/14 Maxwell House Singapore 069113

Service Center:
1 Upper Aljunied Link, #06-04, Blk "A", Singapore 367901, Asia Radio 2000 Pte Ltd.
Old 25-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #13

Yo,

Perhaps can call them and check with them.
See if they are as proactive as Asus
So far my connection ok leh...

Details:
Singapore
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES (SG) PTE. LTD

Welcome to TP-LINK

Sales phone:
+65 8429 7983

Address:
20 Maxwell Road, #07-13/14 Maxwell House Singapore 069113

Service Center:
1 Upper Aljunied Link, #06-04, Blk "A", Singapore 367901, Asia Radio 2000 Pte Ltd.
i'll monitor the situation for now, hopefully its a one off occurrence. Hope the firmware update comes soon :\
Old 25-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

AFAIK their Service Centre is manned by friendly locals.
ArcticCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
Master Member

AFAIK their Service Centre is manned by friendly locals.
Wah makes me like them more...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.