Can SingTel or StarHub fiber works without using their ONT ?

klap_hanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have anyone tried to connect SingTel or StarHub fiber WAN link directly to a router with a fiber SPF WAN interface and bypass the ONT totally ?

Can it work or die die must use their ONT to convert Fiber to Ethernet first den can use ?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, the ONT is converting light signal to electrical signal before sending to your router. Maybe in future, AIO will come in.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have anyone tried to connect SingTel or StarHub fiber WAN link directly to a router with a fiber SPF WAN interface and bypass the ONT totally ?

Can it work or die die must use their ONT to convert Fiber to Ethernet first den can use ?

Ahh ahh . . . Good question and I like it. I not too sure but i think can not for now.

ohmygod1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is like cable modem loh, convert the signal. Maybe next time would have modern plus router together.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.