Configure ASUS AC87U for Singtel Fibre Unlimited

coldsea

Reaction score
Just to check, when upgrading from 200mpbs to fiber unlimited, need to pay for registration fee of about $50?

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Just to check, when upgrading from 200mpbs to fiber unlimited, need to pay for registration fee of about $50?
Mine's a recontract, do i have to pay the registration fee too? I know that there's registration fee if it's an upgrade, unless they waive yours

ventin

Reaction score
Hi, i need some help too as i cannot connect to the internet. Initially i manage to get into the router settings. After keying in the settings, i realised that i still cannot connect to the internet. And now this is what i get when i keyed in 192.168.0.1

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC87U.
To access the settings of RT-AC87U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

What has happened? How to solve this? How to reset the router so that i can access the settings using my desktop?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i need some help too as i cannot connect to the internet. Initially i manage to get into the router settings. After keying in the settings, i realised that i still cannot connect to the internet. And now this is what i get when i keyed in 192.168.0.1

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC87U.
To access the settings of RT-AC87U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

What has happened? How to solve this? How to reset the router so that i can access the settings using my desktop?

The default gateway is 192.168.1.1

You can also use cmd on windows to find out the default gateway address by using the command ipconfig

If all things fail, push the reset button..

ForlornZ

Reaction score
Hi I just bought a AC87U after signing up for 1Gbps unlimited fibre.

I used the quick internet setup but still unable to connect to the internet.

I connected the Router WAN to both ONT Lan 1/Lan 2 to try but still failed.

Any kind souls can advice?

Thank you!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I just bought a AC87U after signing up for 1Gbps unlimited fibre.

I used the quick internet setup but still unable to connect to the internet.

I connected the Router WAN to both ONT Lan 1/Lan 2 to try but still failed.

Any kind souls can advice?

Thank you!

try connecting the laptop to the ONT port 1 first. if port 1 cannot, then port 2. Try first and then come back again?

ForlornZ

Reaction score
try connecting the laptop to the ONT port 1 first. if port 1 cannot, then port 2. Try first and then come back again?

Thanks for the response!

I know the ONT works cause i am using currently using the 2wire router provided by singtel. Currently still on 200Mbps plan but want to setup the router before the new plan kicks in.

should i still connect my pc to the ONT port 1/2 to try?

My previous connection was
AC87U WAN ---> ONT port 1/2 and
AC87U Port 1 ---> PC

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

I know the ONT works cause i am using currently using the 2wire router provided by singtel.

should i still connect my pc to the ONT port 1/2 to try?

My previous connection was
AC87U WAN ---> ONT port 1/2 and
AC87U Port 1 ---> PC

if your 2wire router works, then may i confirm if you got the 1Gbps Unlimited plan or the 1Gbps home fibre?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using the 1Gbps Unlimited plan. But it hasn't kick in yet.

if it hasn't kick in, you can change the IPTV profile to singtel-others and you can continue using ac87u. after the unlimited plan kicked in, then remove the profile and the ac87u will work again.

ForlornZ

Reaction score
if it hasn't kick in, you can change the IPTV profile to singtel-others and you can continue using ac87u. after the unlimited plan kicked in, then remove the profile and the ac87u will work again.

I followed your advice and connected AC87U WAN ----> ONT Lan 1 and it worked!

Thank you!:s12::s12:

Your help is much appreciated!

ForlornZ

Reaction score
Your advice worked, but Singtel Fibre Technicial Team was not able to help at all.

Hahahaha! You should act as their consultant.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your advice worked, but Singtel Fibre Technicial Team was not able to help at all.

Hahahaha! You should act as their consultant.

Hahas, since you are using a 3rd party router, you should approach asus technical support. asus will be able to help you.

I'm just a noob. just sharing what i know.. :D

ForlornZ

Reaction score
Hahas, since you are using a 3rd party router, you should approach asus technical support. asus will be able to help you.

I'm just a noob. just sharing what i know.. :D

Singtel did advice me to contact ASUS, but ASUS operate during office hours.

Saved a half day leave thanks to your advice!

Will follow your advice again after the plan kicks in.

ForlornZ

Reaction score
Plan kicked in today, but can't get the router to work even after removing the profile.

Any other tips?

GameboyX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the mio voice (home land line), is calling singtel to allow voice to work on ONT the only option? I can't connect phone line directly to the AC87U router right?

fleas1

Reaction score
you can call singtel to request to use the phonejack on the ont

pretty sure it is free but will take afew days to activate.

once you see the light on the teleline, it's working

Sp1der

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does the ONT Lan port 2 work only for Singtel 1Gb plan? How about 200/500mbps plan? Anyone can share their experience too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.