Connecting Cisco DPC3925 to DLink DIR-600L

jamboree

Reaction score
I just managed to change my Cisco DPC3925 to Bridge only, and then connect it to my own DLink wireless router.

My BB plan is 100mbps and I managed to get that download speed when connected directly via Lan cable to the Cisco router. However, after I connected it to the DLink router, the download speed dropped my half, even after I set the DLink router to broadcast at 802.11n only at a fixed channel, and my laptop is right beside the DLink router.

Does connecting to a Wireless Router drop transmission speeds by half?

jamboree

Reaction score
I changed to 20/40hz (auto) option. Also had to Disable the "20/40hz Coexist" as it was giving me connection issues. Speed now max out around 60mbps.

Found out that my router can only output at 2.4ghz; is that a reason why I cannot get higher download speeds via Wifi?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your 600L is a low end N150 router, only supports 2.4Ghz and 150mbps max link speed. Real world wifi speed if you do a speedtest would be half of that, so around 60-75mbps is right.

You also need the router to use 40Mhz, if your area has many other wireless networks, it might auto drop to 20Mhz to reduce interference, so your speed will also suffer further.

ArcticCheetah

Banned
Reaction score
I changed to 20/40hz (auto) option. Also had to Disable the "20/40hz Coexist" as it was giving me connection issues. Speed now max out around 60mbps.

Found out that my router can only output at 2.4ghz; is that a reason why I cannot get higher download speeds via Wifi?

The reason you cannot get higher speed is because your Router is single stream, 150N to get at least 100Mbps you need 300N.
Your client also needs to be 300N capable.

zulowen

Reaction score
I just managed to change my Cisco DPC3925 to Bridge only, and then connect it to my own DLink wireless router.

My BB plan is 100mbps and I managed to get that download speed when connected directly via Lan cable to the Cisco router. However, after I connected it to the DLink router, the download speed dropped my half, even after I set the DLink router to broadcast at 802.11n only at a fixed channel, and my laptop is right beside the DLink router.

Does connecting to a Wireless Router drop transmission speeds by half?

Do you mind tell me the steps to make ur D-Link as your wifi router instead of the Cisco router. I tried but failed. Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.