Facebook video keeps buffering with SingTel 1Gbps Unlimited.

Pwnz0rs

Reaction score
Singtel,

Same problem here.

Only at night, facebook videos and instagram stories wont load.

It happened before but these few days it came back againz please drop md a pm for details.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just change ISP la. All your singtel connection go thru proxy server which prioritize certain traffic. During evenings when more ppl use facebook, you can't load.

WtfAimbotSpoilt

Master Member
Reaction score
wtf singtel.. contract almost up and you give me super laggy internet for the past 2 weeks?

make me troubleshoot all connections and all that crap to find out that its nothing to do with the hardware!!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u wanna complain, go to their fb leh.

If u wanna the experts here offer u some suggestions, give more details lah.. :D

First time I hear your theory one, out of contract soon will downgrade performance?

wtf singtel.. contract almost up and you give me super laggy internet for the past 2 weeks?

make me troubleshoot all connections and all that crap to find out that its nothing to do with the hardware!!

flamesser

Reaction score
Facebook video keep buffering

I have this issue again, facebook video keep buffering. I have no problem streaming video on youtube. This only happen on facebook.

I did a trace route using command prompt for facebook and i am getting 43ms.

I did similar trace route using command prompt for youtube and i get 3ms.

Singtel please!

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this issue again, facebook video keep buffering. I have no problem streaming video on youtube. This only happen on facebook.

I did a trace route using command prompt for facebook and i am getting 43ms.

I did similar trace route using command prompt for youtube and i get 3ms.

Singtel please!

Change ISP. no use begging here. Too many people are on Singtel and they can't handle the load

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problem is back recently (since 2 weeks ago). There seems to be routing issue on facebook server. Facebook videos, instagram stories loads slowly.

shimesa

Reaction score
i'm getting buffering on youtube and other drama hosting sites as well.. previously it loads smoothly.. nowadays keep stop and load.. why am i paying $$ for this kind of things. anyone experience the same thing as well?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im using YouTube as well on home fibre, doesn't seem to have buffered even at 4k streaming..

Cleared browser cache already? Wired or wireless connection?

i'm getting buffering on youtube and other drama hosting sites as well.. previously it loads smoothly.. nowadays keep stop and load.. why am i paying $$ for this kind of things. anyone experience the same thing as well?

shimesa

Reaction score
Wired connection. Cleared cache and still the same tho... :<

Im using YouTube as well on home fibre, doesn't seem to have buffered even at 4k streaming..

Cleared browser cache already? Wired or wireless connection?

dota667

Reaction score
well my twitch has started buffering non stop again lol seems like singtel cant get their **** together. one week facebook one week twitch another week something something else like just patching up wherever is leaking but not permanently

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Over wifi or over lan? Last night I watched a short clip and it was fine.. Perhaps you can perform a tracert? That will definitely help.. :D

well my twitch has started buffering non stop again lol seems like singtel cant get their **** together. one week facebook one week twitch another week something something else like just patching up wherever is leaking but not permanently

dota667

Reaction score
Over wifi or over lan? Last night I watched a short clip and it was fine.. Perhaps you can perform a tracert? That will definitely help.. :D

its over lan while watching live streams. the buffer is damn random its like 1 second buffer play then 1 second buffer and play and on and on randomly. tried clearing cache flushdns and such doesnt work.

this is the pastebin of the tracert (did it twice and stop copying after 12 nods as the rest are all timeout as normal):

http://pastebin.com/3BpkvgeM

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its over lan while watching live streams. the buffer is damn random its like 1 second buffer play then 1 second buffer and play and on and on randomly. tried clearing cache flushdns and such doesnt work.

this is the pastebin of the tracert (did it twice and stop copying after 12 nods as the rest are all timeout as normal):

http://pastebin.com/3BpkvgeM

i trace route the same address and found similar result, apart from 1-2ms difference which i don't think will produce the lag..

i just tested on twitch with multiple videos across all channels, realised that some keeps buffering while some didn't buffer at all, though all video quality has been set to highest available.

my guess is that the host might be experiencing a lag, depending on which video you are watching.'

can try other videos and confirm?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.