HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

help needed on wire home network

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #16

Will there still be connection if it was paired incorrectly or i did not crimp well?
cos my ethernet card reflecting orange and red light which indicates interference?
Refer to this statements;

There are two LEDs just above the Ethernet port, one upper right (indicates speed of connection) the other upper left (indicates activity level).

For the speed LED, no color = 10mbps, orange = 100mpbs, green = gigabit
For the activity LED no color at all = no link, solid color = linked, blinking = data activity

Last edited by eric3743; 11-09-2017 at 08:15 PM..
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

hahah. i wont say in the same trunk, but all my cables right now are not covered by any trunking as we modified and mount it on the console. meaning they are pretty near to each other at the back of the console (but i cant see it now)

what are the consequences if it is too near like side by side? will it still drastically reduces the speed and limit the speed to 100mbps?
unlikely to have that much of interference considering the voltage in our household is merely at 240V max.

Its not as if its 240kV, for that the electric field generated is much much more according to the formula.

i have ethernet cable trunked beside the power line and it separated by the plastic trunking. the thickness of it is about 2 cm apart and i'm still getting about 940mbps down and up..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #18

1st , make sure all parch cable are Cat 6; next make sure it is not the cat 6 cable problem by bringing the Room 1 PC to room 3 to test.

If Room 1 PC works well in Room 3, means cable Ok .

If Room 1 PC didn't work well in Room 3 , switch the cable at the router end ( to the port that works well in Room1)

That's all I can think of, good luck
wsong2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.