HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Issue with ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

Issue with ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Hi!

I am using the Singtel Fibre with Singtel TV. I bought the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 to replace the router Singtel provided but I am having some issues with it.

I have followed the steps provided at the Asus "How to set up router with Singapore ISP (Only for Singapore)?" FAQ section and it worked well. I clicked atuomatic IP (DHCP) and ticked the special permission from ISP and chose Singtel-others.

I was able to use the internet for 1 min until lose connection. All the lights on the router itself show that it is fine however I can't even connect to the router from any of my devices. Trying to reconnect to router.asus.com leads me to this a page that says

Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from GT-AC5300.
To access the settings of GT-AC5300, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.
I have tried resetting the router (by pressing the button at the back of the router since I can't even access the router through the browser) and repeated the steps and the same thing happens. I use the internet fine for 1 min and then lose connection.

Tried googling but can't seem to find a solution. Would appreciate some help here. Thanks!

Edit: I can't post the link to the ASUS FAQ page that I followed due to post requirements but my steps so far were to disconnect my old Singtel router, connect the ethernet cable from LAN1 on my Singtel ONT to the WAN port on my ASUS router. I also plugged in the ethernet cable connected to my pc to port 3 on ASUS router. Was directed to the asus router page on my chrome browser and did the set-up .

Clearing my cache and trying to go back to my router will also lead me to
This site can’t be reached
router.asus.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Last edited by Pantz91; 12-01-2018 at 09:53 AM..
Pantz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

After you have chosen the singtel-others I Orh profile, make sure that port 4 is not used for desktop or any other lan devices apart from singtel TV set top box..

If the above was done so, after selecting the profile, do a manual reboot of the router and ont together, making sure the devices are turned on sequentially..

Hi!

I am using the Singtel Fibre with Singtel TV. I bought the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 to replace the router Singtel provided but I am having some issues with it.

I have followed the steps provided at the Asus "How to set up router with Singapore ISP (Only for Singapore)?" FAQ section and it worked well. I clicked atuomatic IP (DHCP) and ticked the special permission from ISP and chose Singtel-others.

I was able to use the internet for 1 min until lose connection. All the lights on the router itself show that it is fine however I can't even connect to the router from any of my devices. Trying to reconnect to router.asus.com leads me to this a page that says

I have tried resetting the router (by pressing the button at the back of the router since I can't even access the router through the browser) and repeated the steps and the same thing happens. I use the internet fine for 1 min and then lose connection.

Tried googling but can't seem to find a solution. Would appreciate some help here. Thanks!

Edit: I can't post the link to the ASUS FAQ page that I followed due to post requirements but my steps so far were to disconnect my old Singtel router, connect the ethernet cable from LAN1 on my Singtel ONT to the WAN port on my ASUS router. I also plugged in the ethernet cable connected to my pc to port 3 on ASUS router. Was directed to the asus router page on my chrome browser and did the set-up .

Clearing my cache and trying to go back to my router will also lead me to
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #3

I called ASUS service support and was told to bring it to the service centre to check. So, I decided to try one last time to see if it would work.

So, I did a reset again and did the set-up. Previously, at the very end of the set-up, there was a check-box to enable some gaming thing, which I had clicked previously. This time, I unchecked it and the internet seems to work fine now so far.

What that gaming thing did was to probably block access to all devices to give 1 device maximum bandwidth. That was probably why I lost internet access. Weird that it caused me to lose access to the router itself too. (Edit: I guess not. Gamer IPS is some sort of firewall apparently.)

Anyway, problem solved, I hope.

Thanks for the help though!

Edit: It is Gamer IPS apparently.

Last edited by Pantz91; 12-01-2018 at 11:00 AM..
Pantz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.