M1 throttle bittorrent?

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I am subscribed to M1 300Mbps home broadband. For the past year or so I have been running a seedbox locally 24/7 and have been averaging about 30MB/s uploads and approx 2.3 - 2.5 TB a day. For the past 2 weeks my uploads have been reduced to 7-10MB/s and now i can only upload 500 -700GB a day. Changing the port use by the torrent will result in the speed going back up to normal for 5-10 minutes before slowing back down. It seems M1 is throttling torrent bandwidth (at least for extreme users) despite claing that they don't

G3Yd58l.jpg

Does anyone else have a local seedbox and do you get your advertised speeds?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a possibility that m1 has detected your usage and then moderated your speed to maintain fair bandwidth for others. Just a guess, I no prove one. Don't quote me..

Have you restarted your network and your seedbox?

I am subscribed to M1 300Mbps home broadband. For the past year or so I have been running a seedbox locally 24/7 and have been averaging about 30MB/s uploads and approx 2.3 - 2.5 TB a day. For the past 2 weeks my uploads have been reduced to 7-10MB/s and now i can only upload 500 -700GB a day. Changing the port use by the torrent will result in the speed going back up to normal for 5-10 minutes before slowing back down. It seems M1 is throttling torrent bandwidth (at least for extreme users) despite claing that they don't

G3Yd58l.jpg

dryteletubby

Reaction score
There is a possibility that m1 has detected your usage and then moderated your speed to maintain fair bandwidth for others. Just a guess, I no prove one. Don't quote me..

Have you restarted your network and your seedbox?

Restarted all my network devices. Even tried with a different PC and HDD. Seems M1 can't uphold their own terms...

glenyang

Reaction score

G3Yd58l.jpg

It's no secret. M1 do throttle bandwidth on their 300mbps plan. It was made clear to me when I signed up this plan too. Their 1gbps plan do not have such restrictions.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
It's no secret. M1 do throttle bandwidth on their 300mbps plan. It was made clear to me when I signed up this plan too. Their 1gbps plan do not have such restrictions.
Did you Sign up for M1 around 2014? If I remembered correctly the 1Gbps plan used to be advertised with no bittorrent throttling (I used to get 1MB/s download at peak hours with my 200Mbps plan) but M1 quickly reversed that decision. Only recently have my speeds dropped.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2TB a day is no joke.

I hope you are sharing legal stuff.

Even if it is legal, your usage is really significant and alarming. Exceeding a typical consumer use.

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
97FVmkM.png

its stated pretty clearly. your usage is insane for a commercial line tbh

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't bT but I'm on their old 200mb fibre even on peak I feel the lag but when I test mine 1gb hub fibre loading on same fb page much better those loading outside of fb page as compare to m1

Maybe it's really m1 trttle on their most budget fibre plan vs their 1gb plan

But never mind too as I got mine other fibre under hub so m1 lost one business mobile and fibre hahahhah

Before m1 started it $29 deal in on it until now this year as the performance not as good as the yesteryears

It's either they can't offer bandwidth to all or they cater to more paid customers on 1gb or gamer plan

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
97FVmkM.png

its stated pretty clearly. your usage is insane for a commercial line tbh

To begin with, it is not a business line.

It is just a matter of time before M1 starts throttling the other ports.

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
To begin with, it is not a business line.

It is just a matter of time before M1 starts throttling the other ports.

When did anyone say u have a business line? im surprised they even let u use this much bandwidth for a year

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A matter of "Fair usage" as this is standard in all unlimited plans, whether on broadband and mobile.
Mobile already stated in their M1 notice.
There may have other users along the same network that may complaints on connection.
So this is one way isp do throttle.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.