Netgear Obi strong signal??

stocklah

Reaction score
Is Netgear Obi strong signal bad for health??

Especially to children and elders?

quinnkei

Reaction score
Orbi is using WiFi protocol or technologies. Is it bad for health ? We are constantly exposed to WiFi networks in / out of home.

stocklah

Reaction score
Orbi is using WiFi protocol or technologies. Is it bad for health ? We are constantly exposed to WiFi networks in / out of home.

but Orbi can cover 4000 feets, which means the signal is superb strong, so do you think it has a negative impact on health? Thanks.

quinnkei

Reaction score
I think one Orbi covers 2000ft. There is package of 2 units (Main Router + Satellite) thus you may see a 4000ft coverage

These figures are usually under ideal conditions (e.g in lab) or according to US residential (wooden house). When it comes to Singapore, this coverage will drop significantly due to concrete walls, other wifi signals interference etc...

Does this pose a problem to your health? WiFi equipment have FCC or CE certifications that prevent excess strong power emission or they have the same 'strong signal' as other wifi routers you are using. Lastly, if it is sold via normal shops in Singapore, it must have IDA approval too.

Also Netgear is a US company, I do trust them have strict regulations on the power emission

Hope this answer your questions.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think one Orbi covers 2000ft. There is package of 2 units (Main Router + Satellite) thus you may see a 4000ft coverage

These figures are usually under ideal conditions (e.g in lab) or according to US residential (wooden house). When it comes to Singapore, this coverage will drop significantly due to concrete walls, other wifi signals interference etc...

Does this pose a problem to your health? WiFi equipment have FCC or CE certifications that prevent excess strong power emission or they have the same 'strong signal' as other wifi routers you are using. Lastly, if it is sold via normal shops in Singapore, it must have IDA approval too.

Also Netgear is a US company, I do trust them have strict regulations on the power emission

Hope this answer your questions.

IMDA usually have a stricter control over radio environment, IMDA tends to down power these devices instead.

Like what you said, i believe the stated coverage area is based on ideal environment, asus ac5300 and ac88u have similar coverage if i remember correctly..

quinnkei

Reaction score
IMDA usually have a stricter control over radio environment, IMDA tends to down power these devices instead.

Like what you said, i believe the stated coverage area is based on ideal environment, asus ac5300 and ac88u have similar coverage if i remember correctly..

IMDA reference the same standards to FCC or CE. What you get from US or Europe complies to IMDA, thus can be use safety in terms of WiFi transmission.

It will make Singapore unattractive if manufacturer required to produce a different powered device for our small market.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMDA reference the same standards to FCC or CE. What you get from US or Europe complies to IMDA, thus can be use safety in terms of WiFi transmission.

It will make Singapore unattractive if manufacturer required to produce a different powered device for our small market.

I'm unsure if IMDA does reference to FCC and CE, but for asus firmware there is indeed a downward regulation of power comparing to those in US, perhaps there is other reason for doing so?

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Whether you living in condo or hdb, we are living in very close proximity. Hence there is a need to minimize interference of your device from your neighbor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.