New cable wireless smarthub from starhub

Robert

Master Member
Reaction score
1. plug in to the cisco modem cum Router via lan cable.
2. Under administrator>change to bridge mode. Cisco router will reset.
3. plug one of the lan point from the cisco router to the external router via the WAN.
4. make sure that the external router DCHP is turned on.
5. turn off both routers and turn on again.

DHCP on Cisco ON/OFF? DDNS on Cisco ON/OFF?

After rebooting, can still access 192.168.0.1 (ie Cisco Router)? I can't.

Last edited:

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do i configure the setting if i am deciding to only use the modem and link my own router via crossover cable

rameshevb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Everyone is changing the mode in the Cisco DCP3925 Wireless Router to "Bridge" mode and connecting a wireless router to the modem.

Can I disable only the "wireless" function in the modem and connect the modem with my Netgear WN2000RPT WiFi Range Extender? Will it work? This Cisco modem is hopeless. It's been more than 2 years since SH introduced this modem for unlucky folks like us, and they have failed to change the modem to a better modem when introducing Maxonline broadband packages.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.