No posting of picture with irritating/offending words in IBNC

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By commach
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #1

No posting of picture with irritating/offending words in IBNC

Recently there are alarming number of replies in the threads with pictures tagged with irritating/offending words and nothing constructive nor worthy to be post in any of the thread here.

I hereby seek the co-operation of all members replying in Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic forum to stop posting such pictures with irritating and offending words without constructive opinion, suggestion or solution to the topic.

We need to accommodate each other in this cyberspace and maintain the harmony of Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic forum, escalating an argument with such senseless picture will only do harm to IBNC and turn it into another EDMW forum. EDMW is a rojak pot forum, threads and replies are not strictly moderated thus such pictures are usually allows without much contest from fellow members and resident moderators.

Whoever do it again will be award with infraction without further warning.

Regards
commach
fi3ry_icy likes this.

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar
commach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

got meh?

besides, just because you don't like EDMW also cannot derogate it to be like some 'enter expletives here'
and for one reason or another, edmw was never close, it should make sense to you why you should not change the forum culture, else it would simply be just another of UserID: oracle.
liangtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #3

I am not trying to change the culture of IBNC, members are free to reply in EDMW slang if they preferred.

Those replies deleted if you are not aware of them, i never have the intention to restrict any member of their freedom to post or reply in any thread in the way they want. The recent deleted replies are not constructive nor in anyway helped thread starter, replies with only picture and nothing constructive or worthy to be in the thread ought to be remove. But if the reply/replies are simply nuisance, warning or infraction will be award.

If you believed i have the intention to suggest closing EDMW, may i suggest you read the reply below:

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...&postcount=418

No way i will suggest to close EDMW or intended to work toward this direction be it now or in the near future.

EDWM is there for members to mingle with each other and discuss about everything under the sun, OT rule don't usually applied to it, members are free to post any type of thread in EDMW and unlikely be moved to other forums. The final decision lies with the resident moderators there to decide what to do with the threads, i am not in a position to comment on their practice and policy.

Julius Caesar

Last edited by commach; 12-04-2010 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Firstly, having a more formal culture in HWC would probably boost the enthusiasm of the techies/geeks, and maybe introduce more intense information sharing which in turn reflects the original nature of the subforum, is good. though there have been flames going around due to recent issues, sooner or later it will settle down, as with any matters within SG.

im not posting the above there because im just a 'passerby' whom whenever i click on HWC, would rather much prefer to read the upcoming tech stuff announcements than otherwise. therefore, it is imperative that replies are moderated but to what extent, i shall not comment.

However, in IBNC, the veterans are actually more easy-going and tend to enter more informal replies along with the intended communication of information. therefore, if IBNC is moderated to the same extent as HWC, it may pose problems and cause the internet side of HWZ to slowly lose its appeal and eventually die off. in fact recently if u noticed, there was a successful mini gathering of IBNC pros due to the informal threads and replies which brought them all together. It may or may not have been an exchange of pointers but sure works well towards bonding.

well of course, with respect to the thread title, pictures tagged with irritating/offending words are of course unecessary. but do note that certain replies are actually sarcastic towards certain service providers and are ways that helpers use to avoid persecution and whatnot.

and the above is just fyi, cant stop anyone anyway.

Last edited by aaur4man; 12-04-2010 at 11:25 PM..
aaur4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #5

Firstly, having a more formal culture in HWC would probably boost the enthusiasm of the techies/geeks, and maybe introduce more intense information sharing which in turn reflects the original nature of the subforum, is good. though there have been flames going around due to recent issues, sooner or later it will settle down, as with any matters within SG.
I concur with your opinion above, we are working to maintain a healthy and friendly IBNC, moderator rarely step in to intervene unless really necessary. IBNC been spared of nuisance replies for years and a friendly forum for the members here.

Exception is a stone throw from chaos, we can't afford to ruin IBNC if known problems are not tackle in time.

im not posting the above there because im just a 'passerby' whom whenever i click on HWC, would rather much prefer to read the upcoming tech stuff announcements than otherwise. therefore, it is imperative that replies are moderated but to what extent, i shall not comment.

Everyone here are passerby, we won't stay here till eternity.

However, in IBNC, the veterans are actually more easy-going and tend to enter more informal replies along with the intended communication of information. therefore, if IBNC is moderated to the same extent as HWC, it may pose problems and cause the internet side of HWZ to slowly lose its appeal and eventually die off.
I knew the habit of some regular here, rest assure i won't and will never attempt to restrict the freedom to post in any thread in EDMW slang as long as the reply/replies are within the TOS.

well of course, with respect to the thread title, pictures tagged with irritating/offending words are of course unecessary. but do note that certain replies are actually sarcastic towards certain service providers and are ways that helpers use to avoid persecution and whatnot.

and the above is just fyi, cant stop anyone anyway.
The purpose of this thread is to remind members not to post non-relevant reply/replies to escalate their argument with picture (only) tagged with irritating and offending words.

I suppose most of us here don't want to see such reply flood IBNC to the point of transforming IBNC to another EDMW which is redundant since we already have a EDMW forum.

means if you looking at nude photos, the nipple pixels might not appear.

Julius Caesar
Old 12-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

good to clear the air, im sure many will be reading this

the last quote kinda caught me offguard, but oh well people nowadays.
Old 13-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Apologies if I missed out writing a very impt point, but I need to put across the fact that it should be the person to decide if the post should intended to actually even be constructive. While curt replies isn't good, but its still a rights of the person's opinion, isn't it? I don't rem hwz terms did say you cant put forward such posts.
Old 13-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #8

Apologies if I missed out writing a very impt point, but I need to put across the fact that it should be the person to decide if the post should intended to actually even be constructive. While curt replies isn't good, but its still a rights of the person's opinion, isn't it? I don't rem hwz terms did say you cant put forward such posts.
You didn't owe me or anyone an apology, never.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough on my point, i agreed that constructive or not, members have every rights to reply to any thread as long as it's within the TOS.

Reply/replies are not strictly moderated unless it's a nuisance, offending or reported bad post, for the latter, we will investigate the post and take action if it's indeed offending in nature.

I am sure non of the moderator ever issue warning to you for replying in EDMW slang.
We step in only when nuisance (like the one above), offending or reported bad post.

Julius Caesar
Old 13-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

You're out of point.

Let me requote you.
i agreed that constructive or not, members have every rights to reply to any thread as long as it's within the TOS.
followed by ..... errm?

The recent deleted replies are not constructive nor in anyway helped thread starter, replies with only picture and nothing constructive or worthy to be in the thread ought to be remove. But if the reply/replies are simply nuisance, warning or infraction will be award.
Reply/replies are not strictly moderated unless it's a nuisance, offending or reported bad post, for the latter, we will investigate the post and take action if it's indeed offending in nature.
See the fallacy of your logic?
A reply within TOS can also be deleted because mod can deem one as non-constructive and therefore close it. I am sorry to have to put this forward, but is that a moderating stance?

On a side note, I never worried about the fact of writing in edmw lang in ibnc as some ppl like VoodooKing rejects. Firstly, because it is still my right(and I demand it), and secondly, it is allowed within the tos. Your emphasis on this point like I said is really out of point(sorry for the 2nd reminder)

Addon EDIT: So I also saw a post that is within the rights of user but I think many will deem as non-constructive. Can I help you increase your workload by reporting as 'bad post' if the above answer is yes?

Last edited by liangtam; 13-04-2010 at 01:33 AM..
Old 21-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #10

What might constitute offending?
Old 29-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

You didn't owe me or anyone an apology, never.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough on my point, i agreed that constructive or not, members have every rights to reply to any thread as long as it's within the TOS.

I am sure non of the moderator ever issue warning to you for replying in EDMW slang.
We step in only when nuisance (like the one above), offending or reported bad post.
Mr au, relax! dont be angry over someone who is used to post few words comment. bad for health

got time I go over west side ask you out for coffee ok?

Old 18-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #12

just ban him already.
AwfulChoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.