Official MIO TV Thread.......

matt trakker

Reaction score
Where to go to return my set-top box and other accessories if I want to terminate the service? Do I still need to call a number? FYI my cable subscription is not under contract.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got a new setup box (non-recordable) and the top vent is hotter than expected when it is even on standby mode.

Anyone experiencing?

henias

Reaction score
Anyone knows a singaporean programme that reviews soccer matches either in Miosports or miostadium? What is their talk show programme called. The hosts dressed up as various characters like Cai Shen Ye. They do like prediction as well.

reyorz

Reaction score
Hi there, i have a question re: Singtel TV Go

I am subscribed to both EPL and singtel TV go, im just wondering if i can cast EPL games from my singtel tv go app onto my TV via apple TV?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i have a question re: Singtel TV Go

I am subscribed to both EPL and singtel TV go, im just wondering if i can cast EPL games from my singtel tv go app onto my TV via apple TV?

Singtel TV Go app support Apple TV and Airplay and Google Chromecast.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/tv/singtel-tv-go

But I am not sure if EPL channels are supported or not by Singtel TV Go. Are you able to watch EPL inside Singtel TV Go? I do not have Singtel TV Go subscription or EPL subscription. I only have Singtel TV Family Favorite pack subscription. Then I can only see two free channels inside Singtel TV Go app, not those channels I have subscription.

I know that Singtel Cast Sports Plus Pack subscribers can use Singtel Cast app to cast to TV with Apple TV or Chromecast.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/sports-plus

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested in SingTel cast, it is opening up more packs to non SingTel customers.

https://cast.singtel.com/

FAQs.

2. Who is eligible to subscribe for CAST?
CAST is currently available for Singtel Postpaid Mobile subscribers, Singtel Fibre Broadband subscribers and Singtel TV subscribers. Do note that this service is not available to mio Stadium+ and Cross-carriage subscribers.

Non-Singtel customers are able to subscribe to beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS RUGBY, Sports Plus, Chinese Plus, Lifestyle Plus, Education Plus, Entertainment Plus and Learning Plus by paying through their credit or debit card. Find out more by clicking on the different packs on www.cast.sg.

reyorz

Reaction score
Singtel TV Go app support Apple TV and Airplay and Google Chromecast.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/tv/singtel-tv-go

But I am not sure if EPL channels are supported or not by Singtel TV Go. Are you able to watch EPL inside Singtel TV Go? I do not have Singtel TV Go subscription or EPL subscription. I only have Singtel TV Family Favorite pack subscription. Then I can only see two free channels inside Singtel TV Go app, not those channels I have subscription.

I know that Singtel Cast Sports Plus Pack subscribers can use Singtel Cast app to cast to TV with Apple TV or Chromecast.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/sports-plus

Thank you xiaofan! this is very helpful

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on Jingxuan value pack?

Can I ask if Jingxuan value pack is better in content compared to StarHub Asian Entertainment pass?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on Jingxuan value pack?

Can I ask if Jingxuan value pack is better in content compared to StarHub Asian Entertainment pass?

Jingxuan value pack seems to be a high value pack at S$77.9 per month, probably because of the sports channel (Premier League included).
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/tv/packs/value

I am not on this pack but rather I have SingTel TV Family Favorite mainly for my kids. I myself have Youku VIP for Chinese Entertainment.

Other than the two IPTV providers (SingTel and Starhub) you can also look at OTT providers like TVB Anywhere+, or Youku (pay VIP then no need VPN), or iQiyi/MGTV/WeTV (international version of the Chinese apps, VIP not so cheap as the China version, but no need VPN). Or you can consider SingTel Cast packs or Starhub Go packs.

Ref: alternative apps, free and paid options.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...phone-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935.html

Last edited:

chuppachop

Reaction score
The Chinese channels on Singtel are bad compared to the Starhub Asian Entertainment Pass, Singtel does not have Phoenix Chinese, Phoenix InfoNews, tvN Movies, Dragon TV (Dong Fang Wei Shi), Shen Zhou News Channel, TVBS Asia, TVBS News, Asia Travel , Starhub's own in house channels like VV Drama, E-City, Hub Drama First etc. Chs like SCM, tvN. Celestial Movies, CCM, Star Chinese Channel, One HD etc. that are on Singtel are also in the Starhub Asian Entertainment Pass.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
The Chinese channels on Singtel are bad compared to the Starhub Asian Entertainment Pass, Singtel does not have Phoenix Chinese, Phoenix InfoNews, tvN Movies, Dragon TV (Dong Fang Wei Shi), Shen Zhou News Channel, TVBS Asia, TVBS News, Asia Travel , Starhub's own in house channels like VV Drama, E-City, Hub Drama First etc. Chs like SCM, tvN. Celestial Movies, CCM, Star Chinese Channel, One HD etc. that are on Singtel are also in the Starhub Asian Entertainment Pass.

Singtel TV used to have Dragon TV long long time ago...

For a short while only...

I think Jia Le and e-Le are Singtel own in-house channels.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw the Facebook ads and indeed the ads is valid.

+++++++++

Exclusively for Singtel Circle customers: Redeem 4 months’ subscription to Education Plus for CAST on us!

Watch over 1,200 hours of educational shows from Discovery Channel, National Geographic, History Channel and more, with Education Plus on CAST! Hurry, offer ending soon.

++++++++++

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, SingTel is offering free Entertainment Plus for mobile postpaid plan users.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/entertainment-plus

Combo/XO plans: 24 month contract, 24 month free Entertainment Plus pack

SIM only plan: 12 month contract 12 month free Entertainment Plus pack, no contract also have the same 12month free Entertainment Plus pack offer

SingTel Cast is available on your iOS/Android mobile phone, Apple TV, Android TV, official Android TV OS based TV boxes like Mi Box S and Nvidia Shield TV.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel TV used to have Dragon TV long long time ago...

For a short while only...

I think Jia Le and e-Le are Singtel own in-house channels.

For Chinese live TV you can use an Android TV boxes and Chinese live TV apps -- they are free and offer many channels.

My previous pack (Family Starter) had Jia Le. My new pack (Family Favorite) has eLe and no more free Jia Le. BTW, I also get free cHK Cantonese in my SingTel Cast and SingTel TV Go, along with eLe. You can cast to TV since SingTel Cast and SingTel TV Go support Chromecast and Airplay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.