HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official: Portal Router - High Tech router technology, move your WiFi to the Fast Lane

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 AM   #226

Bought 1 during comex show, was pleased with the simple design. However, my portal isn't able to detect the other ssid on channel 52 and jump to another DFS channel. Any idea how I can force it to jump to other DFS channel?

glacieraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #227
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought 1 during comex show, was pleased with the simple design. However, my portal isn't able to detect the other ssid on channel 52 and jump to another DFS channel. Any idea how I can force it to jump to other DFS channel?

hi. What analyser are you using? What we don't understand is:

1) At the top of the horizontal axis, there is a number in bracket (1) (1) (1) (4) what are they? Number of SSID? Because your 5GHz channel 52 says 1 but there are 2 SSID on that band. Something is wrong with the chart.

2) Portal always keeps Guest and User at same channel, in your chart it is separate.

There may be compatibility issues between the wifi analyser program with your laptop's wifi, hence the chart may not be displaying properly. If you have a major brand phone, it might be better for you to use Wifi analyzer or wifi analyzer pro on your phone instead.

For additional help, you may want to email to jason.teo@convergent.com.sg
Old 13-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #228

hi. What analyser are you using? What we don't understand is:

1) At the top of the horizontal axis, there is a number in bracket (1) (1) (1) (4) what are they? Number of SSID? Because your 5GHz channel 52 says 1 but there are 2 SSID on that band. Something is wrong with the chart.

2) Portal always keeps Guest and User at same channel, in your chart it is separate.

There may be compatibility issues between the wifi analyser program with your laptop's wifi, hence the chart may not be displaying properly. If you have a major brand phone, it might be better for you to use Wifi analyzer or wifi analyzer pro on your phone instead.

For additional help, you may want to email to jason.teo@convergent.com.sg
I am using Wifi analyzer from Windows Store.

1) Not sure what those means either.

2) The Portal_Guest is broadcast by my Asus Router as Portal doesn't allow Guest Network when it's operating in bridge mode.

Here's another chart I took using Wifi Analyser on one of my Samsung tablet. My problem with the PortalWifi, it is unable to pick up those SSIDs around my house as it is placed at the center of my house. Then stuck on channel 52

glacieraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #229
Arch-Supremacy Member

Please contact jason.teo@convergent.com.sg he will take it from there.

Last edited by MichaelTan; 15-09-2017 at 02:52 PM..
MichaelTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #230
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hardwarezone does the world's most updated review on the Portal router with the latest firmware, and it rocks!

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/revie...e-router-rocks
MichaelTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #231

https://support.portalwifi.com/hc/en...elease-1-2-203

New firmware version is out.
vernon_wmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #232

Just bought the Portal, but having problem pairing with my iPhone apps. It keeps prompting "Pairing failed".
leoshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #233

Just bought the Portal, but having problem pairing with my iPhone apps. It keeps prompting "Pairing failed".
Who can I contact for help? The information is lacking on local support on portal website and nothing is stated in the user menu.
Old 23-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #234

Who can I contact for help? The information is lacking on local support on portal website and nothing is stated in the user menu.
Try using the SSID and wifi password on the bottom sticker? Log in and then configure from there.
Ghostrider333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #235

Try using the SSID and wifi password on the bottom sticker? Log in and then configure from there.
Already done that. Just want to re-solve the pairing issue with my phone.
Thanks.
Old 25-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #236

Already done that. Just want to re-solve the pairing issue with my phone.
Thanks.
Please do a hard reset (push a toothpick/pen/paperclip into the reset hole for about 8 seconds till it starts to double blink in blue) then pair it with your iPhone again.

Please note your iPhone firmware need to be iOS v1.0.18 or later.

You can get more details on iPhone setup from:

support.portalwifi.com/hc/en-us/categories/203961508-Getting-Started

For technical support you may call Convergent customer support @ 6337 0177.
cj8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:04 AM   #237

how good is the wifi at penetrating walls? I am living in a maze of walls......
xolatw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:14 AM   #238

can't seem to update to latest firmware even though I am currently on 1.2.152. When I click on update it says already updated to latest version. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #239

can't seem to update to latest firmware even though I am currently on 1.2.152. When I click on update it says already updated to latest version. Anyone else have this problem?
Please try to update from the app and not from the webGUI.

Login to your Portal from the app. --> Click on the gear symbol on the top right corner. --> Click on "Check update". Leave it alone for a while, it should starts to update.

Last edited by cj8888; 09-10-2017 at 08:54 AM..
cj8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #240

Please try to update from the app and not from the webGUI.

Login to your Portal from the app. --> Click on the gear symbol on the top right corner. --> Click on "Check update". Leave it alone for a while, it should starts to update.

Thanks for the help. Done!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.