Question on extending Wifi range

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running singnet fibre, anyone knows how to extend the range of the wifi signal?

one of my room at the other end of the house is unable to get a good connection
I heard there's something called a wifi repeater, does it help? (I heard there are some drawbacks to it)

Last edited:

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using those PowerLine plug with WiFi.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you really need to provide more information so that we can help you. the other end of a 5-room is different from the other end of a 3-room flat. also the position/model/brand of your router are important factors that can affect quality of wireless connections.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also explore the possibility of running a Ethernet cable to your rooms or making use of the existing LAN ports if your house is the newer ones. My set up also with initially very poor wifi coverage at the back rooms. But now ran a cable and installed a AP, problem solved by spending only $25 and making use of existing spare equipment.

jonoquek

Reaction score
Running LAN will be the best else If u stay stay in HDB or condo.. I vote for powerline solution.. which I think will be a better solution

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you really need to provide more information so that we can help you. the other end of a 5-room is different from the other end of a 3-room flat. also the position/model/brand of your router are important factors that can affect quality of wireless connections.

its a 5 room flat,
have 2 boxes, I suppose one is a router
both by singnet, "pace" brand and the other is a Optical network terminal

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also explore the possibility of running a Ethernet cable to your rooms or making use of the existing LAN ports if your house is the newer ones. My set up also with initially very poor wifi coverage at the back rooms. But now ran a cable and installed a AP, problem solved by spending only $25 and making use of existing spare equipment.

Running LAN will be the best else If u stay stay in HDB or condo.. I vote for powerline solution.. which I think will be a better solution

LAN would be best as after all its wired
but I was hoping to see if I can use wireless to minimize the hassle of doing the cabling

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on ur needs, if AC wifi is fast enough for ur usage, then just use this method lor.
Next is use powerline plugs. very stable too.

Of cos LAN is the best & most stable way.

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone using the range extender RP-AC52 802.11ac AC750 from ASUS?
Is it good?
Abit pricey but reviews generally seems quite ok.
Was thinking of getting one as the router RT-AC68U but range falls short of some areas in the house.
Thanks.

slientbomb84

Reaction score
hihi.. normally i go to IT show, i ask them for solution for low wireless signal in bedroom. They also told me, have a LAN point connect from the Living room where the router is to the bedroom and connect a Access point to give you wireless. I ask them how about home plug, the first question they ask me how old is ur home.. i say like 15 to 20 year old.. they say homeplug not recommend.. Due to the tear and wear of the copper cable and environment issues, It may not work well.

speed_0828

Reaction score
hihi.. normally i go to IT show, i ask them for solution for low wireless signal in bedroom. They also told me, have a LAN point connect from the Living room where the router is to the bedroom and connect a Access point to give you wireless. I ask them how about home plug, the first question they ask me how old is ur home.. i say like 15 to 20 year old.. they say homeplug not recommend.. Due to the tear and wear of the copper cable and environment issues, It may not work well.

You may want to try Linksys RE6500HG Range Extender. Very easy to configure and uses crossband technology to avoid dividing your bandwidth which is usually happening to all the other range extenders in the market. The client and range extender uses the same channel to the router, so it divides the throughput. It is only RE6500HG that uses crossband technology to make sure that your throughput is not affected.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.