Re-contract Singnet 10 Mbps?

lazy999

Reaction score
Hi guys, mine 10mbps contract is due for renewable this end of February...I thk its 21mths. Do you thk i can call and ask for renewable now to get the $23 package ?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, mine 10mbps contract is due for renewable this end of February...I thk its 21mths. Do you thk i can call and ask for renewable now to get the $23 package ?
I think 21 mths only applies for mobile contracts, but FBB..moreover, it's more for existing users of that plan only, unless you smooch yr way thro' with retention.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know, its free. Might as well take first.
Was hoping for less $4, then plan can be $19.90..lol..

She keeps quoting 'Saving Environment, so many re-contracters are not taking the modems..Subtlely asked her got incentive, subject dropped. Din pursue, dun wan to sound too kiasu and gian png.

Got gu lan to keok, keok & drop the camel lan.
hmmmm...What's the next goodie next year recon?

Last edited:

Fantazy

Reaction score
Can. 21month can recontract le. ;)

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was hoping for less $4, then plan can be $19.90..lol..

She keeps quoting 'Saving Environment, so many re-contracters are not taking the modems..Subtlely asked her got incentive, subject dropped. Din pursue, dun wan to sound too kiasu and despo.

Got gu lan to keo, drop the camel lan.
hmmmm...What's the next goodie next year recon?

Gotch. Take goodies from chiu. Sell and rip chiu wib their fibre plans, earn moar marnee.

The plan more like interim for ppl to switch to fiber instead. Oh ya, if you dun wan 2wire can gimme :D

Heidel

Reaction score
should be the 2wire 5012NV i got that too:)

ksrokiller, what is your download and upload noise margin for 10Mbps with the 2wire 5012NV? Or any one else using 5012NV for 10Mbps can provide your SN for comparision?

Yesterday, I received my 2wire 5012NV for the 10Mbps plan.

Before using 2wire 5012NV I was using 2wire 2701HGV-E and my download signal noise margin was 25~26 dB which is excellence for the 10Mbps plan.

With the newer 2wire 5012NV my download signal noise margin went down to 16.3 dB, indicative of lower performance. That is a significant SN drop. Generally the higher SN is better.

With 2wire 5012NV for 10Mbps plan.
Download SN: 16.4 dB
Updolad SN: 10.5 dB

I had rang up Singnet help desk and they say it is like that, it is already good, It is ok. :( Certainly, the 26 dB previously was much better than the 16.4 dB.:(

Heidel

Reaction score
how do u run S/N tests?

Just go to your Singnet 2wire modem page
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0

Scroll down for DSL Details.
This is what I have with 2wire 5012NV on 10Mbps plan.

Noise Margin: 16.6 dB / 10.8 dB (Down / Up)
Attenuation: 0 dB / 0.8 dB
Output Power: 8.1 dBM / 12.4 dBM
Interleave Delay: 4.72ms / 5.88ms
Impulse Noise Protection: 2.85 / 1.69
Protocol: G.DMT2+ Annex A
Channel: Interleaved

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ksrokiller, what is your download and upload noise margin for 10Mbps with the 2wire 5012NV? Or any one else using 5012NV for 10Mbps can provide your SN for comparision?

Yesterday, I received my 2wire 5012NV for the 10Mbps plan.

Before using 2wire 5012NV I was using 2wire 2701HGV-E and my download signal noise margin was 25~26 dB which is excellence for the 10Mbps plan.

With the newer 2wire 5012NV my download signal noise margin went down to 16.3 dB, indicative of lower performance. That is a significant SN drop. Generally the higher SN is better.

With 2wire 5012NV for 10Mbps plan.
Download SN: 16.4 dB
Updolad SN: 10.5 dB

I had rang up Singnet help desk and they say it is like that, it is already good, It is ok. :( Certainly, the 26 dB previously was much better than the 16.4 dB.:(

It is just an indicative, it wont affect you unless the value is really low

Heidel

Reaction score
It is just an indicative, it wont affect you unless the value is really low

Hi liangtam, sure just an indicative of these relative values. :) Measured values does tells us something that can be expressed. Currently, I don't have any issue with internet surfing that I am aware. Nevertheless, if there is possibility of getting the higher signal noise margin by changing to another profile... why not, since I was having 26 dB previously and with a drop dB makes me a little concern.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, the latest deal for Macbook and Macbook Air, which ish more worth it? :D

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Diff modem reports diff results based on the way it is designed and benched. On the same line, you will get similar result despite the different in indicative value.
Errm, so no need get obsessive with it.

Last edited:

ajax_84

Reaction score
I had just recontract for this plan too.

When I do a test on speedtest.net, I get download speed of slightly more than 10mbps. Ping of around 20ms.

BUT, my upload speed can only hit around 700kbps. Seems like it's been limited there from what I can tell.

Does anyone know the reason?

I was previously using 8mbps plan, with 512kbps upload speed.

cyberian

Reaction score

When I do a test on speedtest.net, I get download speed of slightly more than 10mbps. Ping of around 20ms.

BUT, my upload speed can only hit around 700kbps. Seems like it's been limited there from what I can tell.

Its around 700kbps, max is 1mbps.

cyberian

Reaction score
For those who intent to re-contract SingNet 10Mbps with MacBook Air, you can only upgrade the ram only. If you opt to have the usb modem, SingNet will give you Huawei E153. Not sure if EPICenter will allow you to upgrade to MacBook Air with 128GB ssd?

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sync at ~1022k. So after overhead etc become 7-800+k lor

ajax_84

Reaction score
but how come download can reach more than the stated speed. upload cannot? that's the question =)

ting

Banned
Reaction score
thanks guys! get to the retention dept direct and got the deal @ $23 for 12 mths with $5 dollars analog line waiver per mth for same period. currently on 8mbps plan which ends next mth. :)

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but how come download can reach more than the stated speed. upload cannot? that's the question =)

Then tell me, what is your plan rated downlink speed. Then see your line sync. Got the answer now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.