HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommended Wireless Adapter for MMO Gaming

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #16
High Supremacy Member

Thats not how the return policy should be abused.
liangtam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

albert, care to share with us in a nutshell your 2 cents about this fella? maybe a mini review will be very helpful to us. I am on the verge of writing off my EUB9706 purchases and sadly we are not in the States where 30 days return policies are the norm. Buying wifi equipment especially when actual and theory diverge so much is so much of a hit and miss affair.

I don't i will go wrong with a pro's choice. please let's hear it.
I have my reason for choosing this adapter. I can mod it from omni to directional for my purpose.

EUB9706 also not bad, i got my best friend to bought 2 recently at Comex for his old notebook and his son's desktop. I dont know why you want to write off these... pretty acceptable stick, if you know what to expect from it. I dont know how you use them (direct plug into usb port?), i usually use them with a usb extension cable and hang at certain height, worst case scenario i can mod them into directional, it depend on which antenna is use on the wireless router (the higher gain antenna has narrow but longer vertical coverage).

I'm not pro; just someone that used to rolled out wireless project at changi airport and schools a long time ago.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #18

I have my reason for choosing this adapter. I can mod it from omni to directional for my purpose.

EUB9706 also not bad, i got my best friend to bought 2 recently at Comex for his old notebook and his son's desktop. I dont know why you want to write off these... pretty acceptable stick, if you know what to expect from it. I dont know how you use them (direct plug into usb port?), i usually use them with a usb extension cable and hang at certain height, worst case scenario i can mod them into directional, it depend on which antenna is use on the wireless router (the higher gain antenna has narrow but longer vertical coverage).

I'm not pro; just someone that used to rolled out wireless project at changi airport and schools a long time ago.
i see. to be honest the EUB9706 is okay with WAN to LAN downlink. No issues for the clients in terms of internet connectivity. However, my WLAN connectivity (do they call it Lan to Lan?) is bad. there are many factors such as attenuation factors and radiowave interference and these could have resulted in my very high CRC errors.

I am not sure whether my CRC errors figures are normal and whether they are contributory to my poor LAN to LAN throughput.

the other time i was on the line with engenous tech support and i described my topology down to a T and the guy told me on a very nice manner that it is the limitation of the EUB9706 as a dongle type adapter. Well, that was the reason behind it i suppose.
happily1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
High Supremacy Member

if you're not getting issues when dling from wan. Then it is not any much of an issue
liangtam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

i see. to be honest the EUB9706 is okay with WAN to LAN downlink. No issues for the clients in terms of internet connectivity. However, my WLAN connectivity (do they call it Lan to Lan?) is bad. there are many factors such as attenuation factors and radiowave interference and these could have resulted in my very high CRC errors.

I am not sure whether my CRC errors figures are normal and whether they are contributory to my poor LAN to LAN throughput.

the other time i was on the line with engenous tech support and i described my topology down to a T and the guy told me on a very nice manner that it is the limitation of the EUB9706 as a dongle type adapter. Well, that was the reason behind it i suppose.
WLAN to LAN/WLAN throughput must depend on how many wireless clients... you must understand that the more the client, the less the speed and throughput.

A whole lot of people are attracted to wireless technology by the convenience of using devices without the hassle of wire. If they are layman and they only use it to access internet, they are fine. BUT if these layman starts to have high expectation of wireless and read all the fancy articles painted with marketing gimmick, they usually ended with disappointment when they do it (like you).

I persuaded my best friend to run Cat5e LAN cable in STAR topology in his 5room flat 10 years ago, connected to a good gigabit switch (wireless router also connected to this switch), LAN to LAN throughput definitely better, higher and faster than you doing from WLAN to LAN.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #21

WLAN to LAN/WLAN throughput must depend on how many wireless clients... you must understand that the more the client, the less the speed and throughput.

A whole lot of people are attracted to wireless technology by the convenience of using devices without the hassle of wire. If they are layman and they only use it to access internet, they are fine. BUT if these layman starts to have high expectation of wireless and read all the fancy articles painted with marketing gimmick, they usually ended with disappointment when they do it (like you).

I persuaded my best friend to run Cat5e LAN cable in STAR topology in his 5room flat 10 years ago, connected to a good gigabit switch (wireless router also connected to this switch), LAN to LAN throughput definitely better, higher and faster than you doing from WLAN to LAN.
only 2 clients but well, got to face up to reality.
happily1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #22

Im also hooting 1 PCI adapter! Whats the difference between a PCI express and a PCI one? o.o
Im having in mind for these 3:
TL-WN851ND - Welcome to TP-LINK
TL-WN881ND - Welcome to TP-LINK
TL-WN951N - Welcome to TP-LINK
joel3694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.