SET ST536v6 to bridge mode

dangerboi

Reaction score
hi dev, i am rather a newbie here and i am facing the same problem. However, when i downloaded the file and burnt to my disk, it still can't boot up. What is an iso image and how do i incorporate the iso image and the downloaded file into the disk?

dangerboi

Reaction score
My nero looks different from yours. Mine's nero express 6, it comes together with my benq dvd rewriter. May i know where can i get yours? :)

dangerboi

Reaction score
alright..another problem came up. My sister went to use my computer and now i can't access the internet using the link sys router or the speedtouch modem both via ethernet connection. I am connecting to the internet via speedtouch's usb connection...oh my god....I can't even access linksys's web browser?? Is there anything wrong with both of the ip address? This is really frustrating me as I've spend the last 6 hours finding out what's wrong....Whenever i try to install the speedtouch using ethernet cables, it just couldn't be detected.... :s11:

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connect the ST536v6 to the computer using ethernet cable.

Create new connection (create Windows dialer)

If you can connect using the Windows dialer, the problem is with the router.

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Windows dialer

Control Panel>Network Connections>Create a new connection>Welcome to the New Connection Wizard>Connect to the Internet>Setup my connection manually>Connecting using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password>ISP name>Enter user name and password>Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop.

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use the Residential CD to set it back to ADSL2 + router mode (PPPoE/PPPoA)

EK9

Reaction score
When I connect the rj45 straight to the modem, and type in 192.168.1.154
nothing appears on page?

IDZetc

Reaction score
Diavonex said:
IDZetc, you are one of the very few who manage to connect an ADSL Gateway to a router.

I personally feel that this connection can result in unpredictable results because you're double routing.
hmm.. I think you might be right...
my actual ip differs from the one that is reflected in the router... seems that my dynamic dns is not working properly because of that..
what settings do I set for my router if I want to run the ST536 in Gateway mode?

Diavonex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try set your router to Automatic DHCP if ST536 is in Gateway mode.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.