Sineoji PL1800E Plug Support Thread

AxMiLLi

Reaction score
Axmilli,

Try running the speed test for a couple of times and let the 1800 home plug learnt the condition of your powerlines.. If you have extension strips on the neighbouring wall socket, unplug and plug it on the pass through of the home plug.

I read about that before, and are already running through the pass through.

A speed test now gives me only 95 Mbps.

EDIT: After applying a very light push of the Cat 7 cable into the homeplug, the speed was back up to ~250 Mbps.

Last edited:

Odine

Reaction score
Just want to give a shout out to Dean from Sineoji for the superb customer service.

I got a webcam from Sineoji last week and support provided was excellent. Prior to that i got a pair 1800E from Sineoji and promised him to share my speedtest result

I'm using M1 1Gbps and achieving constant 400+mbps with 1800E. Never updated any firmware, just plug and play pretty straightforward.

Previously was using Aztech 500mbp but speed was capped at 200mbs thus decided to make the switch.

http://postimg.org/image/5y9hicizd/

461 download / 477 upload. Not sure if it's normal to have a higher upload than download. Perhaps dean or any expert can shed some light.

SpursFan

Reaction score
Jarred1223

Precisely you are right. Have the 500ep connected to your main router and 500ew in your master bedroom. You can access via WiFi in your master bedroom with the WiFi ssid sineoji_pl500ew. You may also connect an ethenet cable to your media box via the 500ew as there are 2 ethenet ports.

I have the same problem with bad wifi coverage in master bedroom. I see that there is a new WRE750E dual band wireless range extender. What's the difference between this and PL500EW?

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
I have the same problem with bad wifi coverage in master bedroom. I see that there is a new WRE750E dual band wireless range extender. What's the difference between this and PL500EW?

SpursFan

Wr750e is a WiFi repeater whereas PL500EW is a home plug WiFi extender. Both basically helps to extend your WiFi but repeater must be placed at a location where it can receive a decent amount of WiFi before it can repeat the signal. However the resultant bandwidth will be reduced by half.

Home plug WiFi extender works on the concept to transmit your data leveraging your electrical powerlines to extend your WiFi coverage.

spiky0180

Reaction score
I was trying to set up the 1800mbps homeplug. But my computer is too far from the wall socket. I use a power strip/bar to bring power from the wall to my computer.

Other than getting a longer cat5 cable to plug to the wall socket, is it possible to plug the homeplug into a power strip?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
I was trying to set up the 1800mbps homeplug. But my computer is too far from the wall socket. I use a power strip/bar to bring power from the wall to my computer.

Other than getting a longer cat5 cable to plug to the wall socket, is it possible to plug the homeplug into a power strip?

yeah you can do that, but speeds will drop ofcuz

what you can do is plug the homeplug direct to the wall socket and plug the strip directly to the passthru on the homeplug. buy a longer cat6 cable that is able to reach from your homeplug to your PC.

spiky0180

Reaction score
yeah you can do that, but speeds will drop ofcuz

what you can do is plug the homeplug direct to the wall socket and plug the strip directly to the passthru on the homeplug. buy a longer cat6 cable that is able to reach from your homeplug to your PC.

Ah ok. I thought the homeplug will spoil or something.

Currently my set up is router > homeplug > wall socket. To my com is wall socket > power strip > homeplug > computer. I getting about 90mbps upload n download on my speedtest. Using 300mbps fibre.

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
Ah ok. I thought the homeplug will spoil or something.

Currently my set up is router > homeplug > wall socket. To my com is wall socket > power strip > homeplug > computer. I getting about 90mbps upload n download on my speedtest. Using 300mbps fibre.

spiky0180,

90mbps is way too low, you should be getting at least 250mbps and above.

Run the sineoji flash tool utility, what is the HPAV rates shown on the flash tool ?

Whatever power strip you have, make sure you plug onto the pass through of the PL1800EP and have the PL1800EP goes directly to your wall socket.

spiky0180

Reaction score
spiky0180,

90mbps is way too low, you should be getting at least 250mbps and above.

Run the sineoji flash tool utility, what is the HPAV rates shown on the flash tool ?

Whatever power strip you have, make sure you plug onto the pass through of the PL1800EP and have the PL1800EP goes directly to your wall socket.

The cat5 cable that came in the box is not long enough to connect my com to the wall socket. So temporarily plug the homeplug to the power strip first.

By the way the HPAV is 389/451 mbps

Last edited:

G0500474

Reaction score
Jeylanipeer,

If you intend to get a unit of PL1800EP to hook up with your router and pair it with the 2 units of PL600EG, you may do that, however, the bandwidth will not be optimize as the 2 units of 600EG are based on AV2 SISO.

If you wish to achieve higher bandwidth and speed, get a pair of PL1800EP where one will be connected to your router and the other to your PC. You may use the 3rd unit of the 600EG to your computer where speed is not a priority.

Hi I tried doing the above. Just a noob question. I couldn't get all 3 units to be connected at one time.
Connected 2 units (A to router, B to comp), then as advised by instructions book remove B, and connect C (the other comp) by pressing the sync button on A and C. Successful connection between A and C, but when I replug in B, B loses its connection.

Could anyone advise what I should or can do? I have 2 sets of PL1800 and 2 sets of PL600 (but only using 1 now)

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi I tried doing the above. Just a noob question. I couldn't get all 3 units to be connected at one time.
Connected 2 units (A to router, B to comp), then as advised by instructions book remove B, and connect C (the other comp) by pressing the sync button on A and C. Successful connection between A and C, but when I replug in B, B loses its connection.

Could anyone advise what I should or can do? I have 2 sets of PL1800 and 2 sets of PL600 (but only using 1 now)

Go500474

PM a number where I can reach you to assist you with the pairing.

upgrade

Reaction score

I had the same problem when pairing a total of 4 PL1800EP. Had this problem a few times initially until I revert to my previous method of pairing multiple homeplugs (I used a competitor brand before I changed to Sinoeji). What I need to do is after pairing A and B, to leave B in the power-point and powered on and the LAN LED is green, meaning it is in the network. Then I pair C with A. This way A, B and C will be paired, otherwise if B is not seen by A, it will loose pairing with A. Repeating this, my A, B, C and D are all paired.

I also have the same advice for you. Preferably you do not combined with PL600. My experience is that whenever I paired and use a previous AV500, the PL1800EP will show a Red LED in ALL PL1800EP, meaning speed of the entire network is slow, I think below 50 Mbps or there about. Rmove the AV500 and the Red LED in all PL1800EP gone.

Last edited:

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
Hi~

I have a 1800ep homeplug (one that i did a 1-1 exchange ~ 6months ago) that just turned off by itself while i was using.

After letting it cool for a while, i powered it up and it managed to work again. Will continue to see if it acts up again.

goodwin

Reaction score
Is sineoji in this coming IT Show ? online promo is a steal though or should I just wait for the IT Show

regency

Reaction score
I am using Aztech 200mbps homeplugs on M1 1Gbps fibre, and getting around 40mbps in my bedroom. Stil decent enough for downloads and movie streaming actually.

Just wondering, if I get the 1800EP, what is the likely speed that I can achieve?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
I am using Aztech 200mbps homeplugs on M1 1Gbps fibre, and getting around 40mbps in my bedroom. Stil decent enough for downloads and movie streaming actually.

Just wondering, if I get the 1800EP, what is the likely speed that I can achieve?

your speed will depend on many factors,request for a homeplug test from sineoji then you can see if you are happy with the speeds

i used to use TP Link Powerline and i only get 80mbps

after switching to sineoji 1800EP

Last edited:

adv_illusioned

Reaction score

on singtel fibre 200mbps, with 1800ep also around the same.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
on singtel fibre 200mbps, with 1800ep also around the same.

have you contacted sineoji for a on site support to take a look at your powerlines?

it really depends many factors. there is no assurance that your speed will improve after switching.

they offer free on site testing, users who want to know their speeds before buying can request it that way you won't waste money

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
I ordered from their online store on 10Mar. Got a confirmation email n no response from them after. How long before they deliver?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.