HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel WiFi: Get WiFi both in and out of your home!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
Featured Sponsor

Singtel WiFi: Get WiFi both in and out of your home!

With Singtel WiFi, you can surf like you’re home, even when you’re not.

Singtel Fibre Broadband customers get to enjoy WiFi speeds of up to 5 times faster than regular WiFi for free with Singtel WiFi at over 900 hotspots!
With more than 900 hotspots islandwide, you can enjoy your mobile games and stream your favourite TV shows like you do at home. Save on your mobile data as you connect seamlessly from 4G to Singtel WiFi at places you frequent, such as food courts, MRT stations, popular shopping malls and McDonald’s restaurants if you’re our Singtel Fibre Broadband customer.

With Singtel Wifi, you can:
  • Get complimentary Singtel WiFi Access for 1 device if you are a Singtel Broadband subscriber.
  • Surf 5x faster than regular WiFi services, at a typical speed of 4-10Mbps.
  • Get WiFi coverage at more than 900 hotspots nationwide, including popular shopping malls and MRT stations.
  • Enjoy unlimited data usage at Singtel WiFi hotspots till 30 September 2017!

Eligibility

All you need to do is complete a one-time registration here to enjoy Singtel WiFi today!

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).

Last edited by Singtel; 20-10-2016 at 09:56 AM..
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
Featured Sponsor

Enjoy Singtel WiFi at more than 1000 hotspots now

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).

Last edited by Singtel; 30-11-2016 at 09:39 AM..
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sharing of the recent upgrade of Singtel WIFI

Declaration: This is just a simple sharing post which contains the qualitative content for Singtel WIFI service. This is not a sponsored post and is purely my personal opinion.

I'm not sure how many people do use singtel WIFI, but i personally do since its free and unlimited as of now.

Recently i was dining at Food Republic at Westgate, i hooked myself up to the singtel WIFI as usual, but discovered something surprising.

Take a look here:

Its wireless AC protocol on 2x2 spatial streams, connected to 5Ghz.

This is indeed surprising, because comparing to wireless@sg, it is not even a close competition.

After realising this, immediately did a speed test on 2 different timing, several minutes apart as i need to take a few messages.

Here they are:
1)

2)

From the speeds above, it is almost conclusive that the speed on wifi is definitely capable of streaming media content, such as 4K if you want. Usual 4K streaming requires speed higher than 20mbps according to Netflix, which the article is published on the internet and you can simply google it for the source.

So for those with singtel wifi and are not using it, please do make full use of whats available and save your data consumption for instances where no singtel wifi is available.

So in conclusion, this post is just to bring awareness to singtel subscribers who have singtel wifi but was under the impression that it doesn't work as well as expected, thus simply forgoing this service which aims to supplement the data bundle.

Caveat: The food court was reasonably crowded, as the time was approaching 6pm. Of course, the access point which singtel WIFI is using will automatically steer the devices to other bands and you won't get wireless AC all the time, depending on the environment and the crowd. You will experience slowness in connecting to singtel wifi and be given an IP address sometimes, but this is due to the crowd and the number of people trying to access it concurrently. If you know how wifi works with mu-mimo, the access point can only handle traffic one device at a time. 10 users trying to connect to the wifi and you are the 10th, then you just have to wait for the 9 users in front of you to get connected first.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.