HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 (Arcadyan)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2017, 12:11 AM   #1

Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 (Arcadyan)

Bro, does anyone know how to get a manual for Arcadyan AC1900 Router?

I'm having difficulty trying to do Port Forwarding on this latest Router provided by the ISP, Singtel.

For my previous PACE Router, also from Singtel, I was able to get support from PACE as they have a local office in Singapore. Not so for Arcadyan which is manufactured in China and they do not provide support! ...according to their website.

Out of 3 ports, only 2 able to open. The 3rd one is closed. For my application, I need to have all the 3 ports open. I used Port Checker to find that out.

However, Singtel claimed that they're not responsible and even claimed that all the 3 ports are open!! But my request to speak to their technical personnel was turned down and I managed to talk to only the frontline staffs who are unable to help at all.

Appreciate your help, thanks.
Alexicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

There's an existing thread for this router. You might be able to find answers there.

Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900! (Arcadyan)
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #3

What Singtel provided me is NOT the manual for the AC1900 router. From the postings here, I gather there isn't one.

Singtel provides a few pages of instructions on how to hook up the router. Port Forwarding and other matters normally addressed in Router Manual are not available to me.

What confused me is that although I had managed to specify a range of ports for my application for the Port Forwarding, only 2 ports out of 3 are open. I do not understand why the 3rd port is somehow blocked though I read that sometimes the ISP's own security software might block certain port(s).

When I visited the website of Arcadyan, there it is stated that if I purchase the router from ISP and not from Arcadyan directly, I have to get the support on router from the ISP. Therefore, I told Singtel that they are responsible to render support to me on this Arcadyan which Singtel provides. I also ask for replacement of alternative router from Singtel, but getting no where because Singtel claimed that all their routers are from Arcadyan and all the same.

One of their customer service officer, asked me to google and then do the "trace tcp" and then to take a screen shot and send him the result. I told him to send me the "link" because I found out that my Window 10 does not allow me to do the "trace tcp" from command prompt. He promised to do so but many days had elapsed and I still did not get anything from him.

Thank you.
Alexicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #4

Even google doesn't have it? Seems weird
ragegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

else u can consider using other router and dun bother about singtel router.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

What confused me is that although I had managed to specify a range of ports for my application for the Port Forwarding, only 2 ports out of 3 are open. I do not understand why the 3rd port is somehow blocked though I read that sometimes the ISP's own security software might block certain port(s).

When I visited the website of Arcadyan, there it is stated that if I purchase the router from ISP and not from Arcadyan directly, I have to get the support on router from the ISP. Therefore, I told Singtel that they are responsible to render support to me on this Arcadyan which Singtel provides. I also ask for replacement of alternative router from Singtel, but getting no where because Singtel claimed that all their routers are from Arcadyan and all the same.
Arcadyan is just an oem for this model. They also oem for other brands like Asus. They don't support end users like us.
So what port exactly is being blocked? Is it a well-known port?
Old 16-09-2017, 05:50 AM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol. I suggest you get straight to the issue so that experts like APK can advise you on..

What Singtel provided me is NOT the manual for the AC1900 router. From the postings here, I gather there isn't one.

Singtel provides a few pages of instructions on how to hook up the router. Port Forwarding and other matters normally addressed in Router Manual are not available to me.

One of their customer service officer, asked me to google and then do the "trace tcp" and then to take a screen shot and send him the result. I told him to send me the "link" because I found out that my Window 10 does not allow me to do the "trace tcp" from command prompt. He promised to do so but many days had elapsed and I still did not get anything from him.

Thank you.
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.