dryteletubby

Reaction score
6fv97c.png

Well that's a first

Last edited:

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't bother getting from local distributor or Ubiquiti Singapore.

placed 2 orders.. ERX (since dec 2017) and AP AC LR (march 2018). vendor no ETA for stocks arrival.

Unless u can bear with their extremely slow response. u can move to other brands like ruckus xclaim wireless.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
don't bother getting from local distributor or Ubiquiti Singapore.

placed 2 orders.. ERX (since dec 2017) and AP AC LR (march 2018). vendor no ETA for stocks arrival.

Unless u can bear with their extremely slow response. u can move to other brands like ruckus xclaim wireless.
Unless you install networks for a living you probably won't need to buy from a local distributor. Just get it from amazon/eBay.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you install networks for a living you probably won't need to buy from a local distributor. Just get it from amazon/eBay.

Customer buy from local because of warranty purpose.

And Amazon no longer FSSG.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The user base IS expanding.

The troubling question comes - how skilled is the installer? :s8:
What skill is required?

I diy pull cat6 through false ceiling and set up 3 APs. Just lots of elbow grease nia.

Maybe if people want to deploy airMAX on their rooftop then might need some skill in getting the line of sight right

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happy user of ubiquiti products here. Used the products for at least 1 year.
Got their switch, gateway and AP.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Wow custom skin! Very nice!
A few questions:-
1) does it support vht160?
2) is cloud key necessary? I hope it can b stand-alone as I dun tink I need more than 1 AP in my small flat.
Hope someone can advice. Thanks

The early access models seems to support vht160mhz don't see why the release won't.

The controller is used for initial setup. You can run it on a pc/ Mac/ Linux server.running in 24/7 will help with logging. There is a phone app you can use for basic setup as well.

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
The early access models seems to support vht160mhz don't see why the release won't.

The controller is used for initial setup. You can run it on a pc/ Mac/ Linux server.running in 24/7 will help with logging. There is a phone app you can use for basic setup as well.
I check the brochure which indicates vht80 only so wanna confirm b4 buying. Sometimes brochure r not accurate.
So the AP can works on software controller? I won’t b running any 24/7 server wif logging. I just need set n 4get similar to current TP-Link AP I’m using now.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I check the brochure which indicates vht80 only so wanna confirm b4 buying. Sometimes brochure r not accurate.
So the AP can works on software controller? I won’t b running any 24/7 server wif logging. I just need set n 4get similar to current TP-Link AP I’m using now.
it can work without controller. vht160 support maybe check with the ubiquiti forums or subteddit

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

All ubiquiti APs can work without controller. But u need to dl the controller software during the first set up or anytime u need to configure it

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've looked around the broadcast packet from the Nano HD awhile back, seem to support VHT160 but I don't have any 160MHz capable clients to confirm if it actually works.

shichuanhua

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got edgerouter X & AP LR from taobao :s13:
Hope it's enough for my hse

1020RMB . Shipping tbc since i have other items as well

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.