HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unable to configure TP-LINK TL-WA901ND access point as a repeater?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Unable to configure TP-LINK TL-WA901ND access point as a repeater?

Hi guys, the TL-WA901ND was still working fine as a repeater with my previous router (DIR-655) but I got a new router (TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND) today as the DIR-655 was dropping out constantly throughout the day (probably from overheating).

As such I had to reset the TL-WA901ND and reconfigure it but I ran into a lot of problems.

Firstly, I can't even maintain a stable wi-fi connection with the TL-WA901ND to complete the set-up most of the time. Had to reset the TL-WA901ND multiple times just to complete one set-up. I have tried connecting directly it to a computer with a lan cable but I can't access the TL-WA901ND because of limited access..

Secondly, in the event that I manage to set it up as a repeater, it simply doesnt work! Signal strength doesnt improve at all. I have tired copying my new router mac ID, old router mac ID and even modem mac ID.

Anyone with a TL-WA901ND please help me out. Thanks.
guitarstrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #2

Chapter 3 of of the manual shown you step by step how to configure you pc to access TL-WA901ND's homepage (via direct wired connection) to configure it.
Old 22-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #3

are you using it as a universal repeater or repeater?

before you start, suggest you manually set your ip address on your pc to like 192.168.1.101. Access the AP at 192.168.1.254. Set to repeater. Use the site survey to locate your router. Uncheck WDS first. Restart your AP. A power cycle would be better.

Check that your repeater station has established a connection with your router under wireless statistics.

Remember to ensure your router is not using WDS either. Once you get it working. You can try using WDS on both sides.
powervault is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.