Wireless USB Adapter!

feintan

Reaction score
is your aztech wl562usb also a 1r1t and connected at 72mbps ??

the singtel tech guy did a connection test using his laptop and was noted as connected at 144mbps and can hit 55/75mbps for DL/UL ... so he argued problem is not with the pace router ... and pinpointed at the TPLink instead ...

Yes it's 1r1t connecting @ 150 mbs. 40 Mhz

In this case laptop is usually 2r2t @ 20 mhz channel width it's about 144 mhz. That means you need wl568usb to get connected @ 144 mbps or any other 300n adapter.
that means the Pace is actually 2t2r @ 20 Mhz then. Any Pace Bro can verify that?

Difference between 20 mhz and 40 Mhz is that in 40 Mhz mode the wifi utilize another channel and run concurrently thus the speed double as it's using double channel. But of course, that's the maximum speed in ideal condition. it will still jump about and fluctuate high and low while using.

Summary
20mhz mode
1r1t Max 72-75 mbps
2r2t Max 144 - 150 mbps

40mhz mode, speed double
1r1t Max 150 mbps
2r2t Max 300 mbps

Actual Download speed in speedtest is half as wifi is only half duplex.
Can pace set the channel mode to 40 Mhz?

Last edited:

Nipponho

Reaction score
I am also using TL-WN727N on my desktop
and I am also not getting the linkspeed I am expecting.

But since my PC is in the living rm abt 5m away across from the PACE router, my signal is 100%.

Speedtest is only getting 35mbps(DL)/45mbps(UL).

What is the link speed that is indicated on your wireless network connection config? Is it 72mbps or 144mbps?
Your speed test?

Hi mdarfsg,
Where u find the icon for speed test? I can't find it in the configuration utility.
When i click on configuration utility/Status, rate = 40mbps, Signal strength is 45% Good.

Is it because TL-WN727N is too cheap that is why no so good?

Nipponho

Reaction score
I am also using TL-WN727N on my desktop
and I am also not getting the linkspeed I am expecting.

But since my PC is in the living rm abt 5m away across from the PACE router, my signal is 100%.

Speedtest is only getting 35mbps(DL)/45mbps(UL).

What is the link speed that is indicated on your wireless network connection config? Is it 72mbps or 144mbps?
Your speed test?

Thanks feintan. My speed test download speed 3.01mbps, upload speed 0.38mbps. Ping 16ms.

My Mio plan is 3mbps.

Nipponho

Reaction score
think that's your adsl max speed already.

Sorry one more question. Hope i don't get scolding from u.

If the test shows that since i am already getting my adsl maximum speed, does it mean that 2 bars or 5 bars or 3 bars no longer makes any more difference?

I thought signal strength has to be strong so that it can give u maximum speed. Now i am having weak signal strength but maximum speed. Boh lee yew lay. Or is it i analyse too much? :s13:

Thanks and good night. :)

ohmygod1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna test real max have to do lan to wireless transfer, then you can see speed difference.

feintan

Reaction score
Sorry one more question. Hope i don't get scolding from u.

If the test shows that since i am already getting my adsl maximum speed, does it mean that 2 bars or 5 bars or 3 bars no longer makes any more difference?

I thought signal strength has to be strong so that it can give u maximum speed. Now i am having weak signal strength but maximum speed. Boh lee yew lay. Or is it i analyse too much? :s13:

Thanks and good night. :)

The wifi speed between your desktop and router is way faster then your internet speed thus even if the signal is weak the available speed still more then max of your adsl speed can give.

feintan

Reaction score
I wanna test real max have to do lan to wireless transfer, then you can see speed difference.

Then you plug in a computer (Maybe your laptop) via wire.

Laptop -> Wire
Computer ->Wireless

try copy a large file over (Maybe more then 1gb files) and measure the speed.

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi mdarfsg,
Where u find the icon for speed test? I can't find it in the configuration utility.
When i click on configuration utility/Status, rate = 40mbps, Signal strength is 45% Good.

Is it because TL-WN727N is too cheap that is why no so good?

TP-Link stuff is crap. I have a WN722N and it keeps lagging and disconnecting from the N56U under heavy connection load. Furthermore, it states that the wireless is connected at 150Mbps but I'm only getting max 30Mbps in local Speedtests. I think TP-Link adapters are just meant for casual users - those who use their PCs for online shopping/e-mail/social networking. It can't handle high bandwidth and heavy connection load applications like torrenting/gaming reliably. I'm hunting for a new wireless adapter now :s8:

Nipponho

Reaction score
The wifi speed between your desktop and router is way faster then your internet speed thus even if the signal is weak the available speed still more then max of your adsl speed can give.

Ok understood. Number of bars no difference for my case. Kam sia so much! Next time must consult u first. :)

cyberet

Reaction score
TP-Link stuff is crap. I have a WN722N and it keeps lagging and disconnecting from the N56U under heavy connection load. Furthermore, it states that the wireless is connected at 150Mbps but I'm only getting max 30Mbps in local Speedtests. I think TP-Link adapters are just meant for casual users - those who use their PCs for online shopping/e-mail/social networking. It can't handle high bandwidth and heavy connection load applications like torrenting/gaming reliably. I'm hunting for a new wireless adapter now :s8:

even my Belkin N750 usb adapter disconnects under super heavy torrent activity with file copying.
so far the on board intel cards can handle the abuse.

mdarfsg

Reaction score

Maybe you can try the one bro feintan is using - aztech wl562usb.
He seems to be getting very good speed.

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
even my Belkin N750 usb adapter disconnects under super heavy torrent activity with file copying.
so far the on board intel cards can handle the abuse.

It sounds like you need to tweak your max connections for your torrent client. The thing is, I've already adjusted my utorrent Max Connections to the lowest it can go without affecting download speed but the damn adapter still keeps disconnecting sporadically.

Maybe you can try the one bro feintan is using - aztech wl562usb.
He seems to be getting very good speed.

Thanks for suggestion, really need to do more research before buying another wireless adapter. Dun wan the next one to be the same as this ****ty TP-LINK :s8:

cyberet

Reaction score
It sounds like you need to tweak your max connections for your torrent client. The thing is, I've already adjusted my utorrent Max Connections to the lowest it can go without affecting download speed but the damn adapter still keeps disconnecting sporadically.

Thanks for suggestion, really need to do more research before buying another wireless adapter. Dun wan the next one to be the same as this ****ty TP-LINK :s8:

I tweaked the advance settings connect speed too fast, with 30 torrents running :s13:

but for most users, it should be more than sufficient ;)
just that I itchy hand, want to see whats the max it can go.

cheapest 3x 5GHz USB adapter I can find. its only 2x for 2.4GHz

Nipponho

Reaction score
How to auto connect back?

Hi Cyberet,

I was having weak signal strength with my antenaeless tp-link WN727. Feintan is sooooooo very chun. The antennae made all the difference. I complained to distributor and he allowed me to rma and change to a antenna model WN722 and now I get back my full 5 bars.

But now I am having same problem as alex84 who is also using WN722. The adapter will for no reason lose connection with router and it does not auto reconnect back. If I don’t click connect, it will remain disconnected. I don’t mind momentary disconnections as I know nothing can be perfect. But I need it to connect back automatically as I am running a forex trading platform that needs to be connected continuously to receive price feeds. And if I am not at home, I cannot connect back.

I couldn’t find a function in the utility settings that says auto reconnect. Do u know how to solve this problem? My older tp link adaper will also occasionally disconnects, but it will auto connect back. This WN722 doesn’t.

I don't do torrenting. Only use it for internet surfing, internet TV and forex trading.

feintan

Reaction score
Hi Cyberet,

I was having weak signal strength with my antenaeless tp-link WN727. Feintan is sooooooo very chun. The antennae made all the difference. I complained to distributor and he allowed me to rma and change to a antenna model WN722 and now I get back my full 5 bars.

But now I am having same problem as alex84 who is also using WN722. The adapter will for no reason lose connection with router and it does not auto reconnect back. If I don’t click connect, it will remain disconnected. I don’t mind momentary disconnections as I know nothing can be perfect. But I need it to connect back automatically as I am running a forex trading platform that needs to be connected continuously to receive price feeds. And if I am not at home, I cannot connect back.

I couldn’t find a function in the utility settings that says auto reconnect. Do u know how to solve this problem? My older tp link adaper will also occasionally disconnects, but it will auto connect back. This WN722 doesn’t.

I don't do torrenting. Only use it for internet surfing, internet TV and forex trading.

Use window wifi utility, remove all the old connection and reconnect back. Make sure ur computer only remember one and only. Ur default home connection. Select auto connection if there is this option

Last edited:

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought a couple of new ASUS ac53 usb adapters to go with my new Singtel Fibre connection. However, after installation it appears that none of the adapters are able to detect my wireless network, or any other wireless networks for that matter..

Nipponho

Reaction score
still can see other people

Hi Feintan,

When I open TP link utility, there is a selection under ADVANCED tab whether to use TP link config or windows wifi config, but the selection for windows wifi is greyed out and forced select to TP link cofig.

So I uninstall the whole TP link utility and reboot computer, Go to control panel/Network & Internet/Network & Sharing Centre, disconnect active network and then reconnect back again

Since there is no more TP link utility, like that means I am already using windows wifi utility?

Under control panel, I can see the diagram show PC  my 2 Wire router -> Internet. Nobody else’s router appears on the diagram. But when I click the 5 bars on the bottom left corner of my screen, I can still see all my neighbours’ routers. I failed to accomplish like what u say, make my PC only recognize my own network.

feintan

Reaction score
Hi Feintan,

When I open TP link utility, there is a selection under ADVANCED tab whether to use TP link config or windows wifi config, but the selection for windows wifi is greyed out and forced select to TP link cofig.

So I uninstall the whole TP link utility and reboot computer, Go to control panel/Network & Internet/Network & Sharing Centre, disconnect active network and then reconnect back again

Since there is no more TP link utility, like that means I am already using windows wifi utility?

Under control panel, I can see the diagram show PC  my 2 Wire router -> Internet. Nobody else’s router appears on the diagram. But when I click the 5 bars on the bottom left corner of my screen, I can still see all my neighbours’ routers. I failed to accomplish like what u say, make my PC only recognize my own network.

when you survey, your network didn't appear? what i mean is make sure your computer only remember connected to your own network. of course you will still see other ppl Network. Some ppl bring around their computer so usually the computer have a few preferred network setting. thus sometime cause problem.

Tick "use window to configer my wireless settings"

under the preferred network properties there's a checkbox that says, Automatic Connection, check the box that says, connect when this network is in range.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.