HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Advice need pls..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Advice need pls..

In sort of crap situation here. My iPad mini 4 screen got cracked due to my kid dropping it, so I brought to this ah beng shop in boon keng to repair. Everything else was working fine only glass was cracked. I was quoted $160 and done in 45 mins. Awhile later they say need 2 days coz no stock for spare parts. So ok, I waited. After. Few days they say need more time as got some issue with my motherboard, at this point I was quite puzzled why will affect mother board. So after a week, I went down to collect. And guess what, Touch ID fingerprint sensor is not working. The guy at the store (not the one who served me previously) said oh, ALL iPad change screen Touch ID WILL SPOILT ONE... it's like that one and force me to accept it. obviously I know this is crap. So I called up that previous guy and he said over phone that they actually snapped duno what cable when replacing the screen. But he is now in reservist and will settle when he is out 2 weeks later, I ask him this weekend cannot meh? He saiid stay in out field, I MR liao never hear before got reservist do on weekend one!?

My request is simple, fix it or reaplce with same or better one. Can't be I give h Apple u return me 3/4 apple.... so now LL have to wait for him, only thing I scared is they will turn around and say Touch ID was already spoilt when I send in.. what else can I do?

I'm preparing to file small claims for this if they don't compensate...
MoDiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:19 AM   #2

In sort of crap situation here. My iPad mini 4 screen got cracked due to my kid dropping it, so I brought to this ah beng shop in boon keng to repair. Everything else was working fine only glass was cracked. I was quoted $160 and done in 45 mins. Awhile later they say need 2 days coz no stock for spare parts. So ok, I waited. After. Few days they say need more time as got some issue with my motherboard, at this point I was quite puzzled why will affect mother board. So after a week, I went down to collect. And guess what, Touch ID fingerprint sensor is not working. The guy at the store (not the one who served me previously) said oh, ALL iPad change screen Touch ID WILL SPOILT ONE... it's like that one and force me to accept it. obviously I know this is crap. So I called up that previous guy and he said over phone that they actually snapped duno what cable when replacing the screen. But he is now in reservist and will settle when he is out 2 weeks later, I ask him this weekend cannot meh? He saiid stay in out field, I MR liao never hear before got reservist do on weekend one!?

My request is simple, fix it or reaplce with same or better one. Can't be I give h Apple u return me 3/4 apple.... so now LL have to wait for him, only thing I scared is they will turn around and say Touch ID was already spoilt when I send in.. what else can I do?

I'm preparing to file small claims for this if they don't compensate...
My advise to u in future is never go ah Beng shop repair.

Unless they do it on the spot face to face or Friend or family members have done at the shop before and recommended the service to u. Ie good reviews etc.

Last edited by Dovahkiinskyrim; 14-09-2017 at 12:22 AM..
Dovahkiinskyrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 03:05 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

This is the prob n y I still don't know where to send in my iMac for repair
Esp u put there u can't see what they r doing n if they swap any gd working parts out

I would have take it back when they say no stock. Not for the item to sit there
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.