HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

Okie noted with thanks
jackyfoo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
Banned

Doing iRepair Justice

The reason I came across iRepair in the first place, is due to the so called "iPad Horror story" At first after hearing the reviews i was dubious and i keep questioning iRepair on their processes and services and quality of the goods. Although my tone was harsh and full of doubts about their services, they actually tolerated it and replied all my queries promptly. The only reason I decide to give it a shot was based on simple logic: If a company is that bad, how can they survive in a high rental place like princep street?

So i decided to give it a shot, just to be a contrarian. I headed down to the shop and was immediately impressed by the professional outlook of the place. Clean, neat and open concept where the technicians work infront of you. You can actually see their repair skills in action. The technician answered all my questions (I ASKED ALOT! because of this previous post) and answered professionally, to my satisfaction. The customer service representative actually explained the process they used of checking the working condition of all parts of the ipad BEFORE, AFTER REPAIR, AFTER REPAIR DURING HANDOVER. so there is actually 3 steps involved for the customer to ensure that the ipad being handed back to you post repair is in good condition.

So in short: This "horror story" is inaccurate. Although i understand different people would have different encounters and experiences. for mine, it was pleasant efficient and quick.

PS: do not PM me asking questions. it will not be entertained. I post this just to do the shop a justice, not to answer your questions.
rentxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
Master Member

Go back apple. Pay $7xx for 1 to 1 replacement. Tats wat I did. Second time my son dropped it to the floor. I told myself to buy a new one instead
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #19

The reason I came across iRepair in the first place, is due to the so called "iPad Horror story" At first after hearing the reviews i was dubious and i keep questioning iRepair on their processes and services and quality of the goods. Although my tone was harsh and full of doubts about their services, they actually tolerated it and replied all my queries promptly. The only reason I decide to give it a shot was based on simple logic: If a company is that bad, how can they survive in a high rental place like princep street?

So i decided to give it a shot, just to be a contrarian. I headed down to the shop and was immediately impressed by the professional outlook of the place. Clean, neat and open concept where the technicians work infront of you. You can actually see their repair skills in action. The technician answered all my questions (I ASKED ALOT! because of this previous post) and answered professionally, to my satisfaction. The customer service representative actually explained the process they used of checking the working condition of all parts of the ipad BEFORE, AFTER REPAIR, AFTER REPAIR DURING HANDOVER. so there is actually 3 steps involved for the customer to ensure that the ipad being handed back to you post repair is in good condition.

So in short: This "horror story" is inaccurate. Although i understand different people would have different encounters and experiences. for mine, it was pleasant efficient and quick.

PS: do not PM me asking questions. it will not be entertained. I post this just to do the shop a justice, not to answer your questions.

Wat did u send for repair ?
raymonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #20

To those who say there are NO SUCH thing as original parts, you guys are only thinking 1 straight arrow.

When Apple/Foxconn orders the parts, say 200,000pcs. The factory don't just produce 200,000 they have to over produce in case of failure. When Apple/Foxconn does a random check and more than a certain %age fails, the WHOLE batch have to be disposed off.

In this scenario, you can see how its possible such 'original' parts are leaked out to the market.

Despite heavy security checks in huge factories like Foxconn, there are ALSO pilferages.

Another scenario how such parts gets leaked out.

One last scenario for those doubters. Actual iPhones have been dismantled and sold as separate parts. =) So always beware when buying phones from 'small shops'

Most famous is all the new samsungs who comes with fake usb cables and chargers. But the box is SEALED!! how did it happened?

Well those 'sealed' stickers are easily pried off and replaced. =)

There are another 2 more scenarios on how original parts are leaked. But those 3 above can already explain. Only 1 or 2 shop in Singapore Malaysia and Taiwan have the ability to get the original parts.

However, there is NO SUCH THING as OEM parts. Those fake parts sold in ebay or by dishonest shops and say its OEM is actually Fake parts. Logic is right by those posters, if you are manufacturing for Apple/Foxconn you WILL NOT take the risk of selling small quantities into the market.

Those 'suppliers' use the word OEM to confuse silly repair shops who think its really 'OEM'

A simple touch, feel, see test even with a broken screen against the "original" screen replacement is more than enough to tell the difference between original and/or fake/oem/imitation.

Some photos for those who still think there is no Such thing as originals. IPhone, IPad, Mac and Samsung repair | iPhix Repair | Singapore | iPhix

Last edited by tancg; 27-09-2013 at 02:43 PM..
tancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #21

Unless sent to authorized service center, do not expect it to be repaired to 'Original Condition'. They will only repair it to 'Serviceable' Condition. Just like cars, just my 2 cents.
l0ngb0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wonder if AppleCare+ will be offered for upcoming iPads and how much. If you take them out or have kids it's advisable to buy.
Buckbrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

There's lots of ways the parts can get into the market. Unless the parts are controlled like what companies like Rolex, BMW, even Casio, etc do, it's gonna leak into the market. What companies should do to parts that fail QC should be destroyed, witnessed and recorded. But anything could happen in prc.

I think its most likely an aftermarket part in this case. Even if it's parts cannibalised from another ipad, it shouldn't crack.

To those who say there are NO SUCH thing as original parts, you guys are only thinking 1 straight arrow.

When Apple/Foxconn orders the parts, say 200,000pcs. The factory don't just produce 200,000 they have to over produce in case of failure. When Apple/Foxconn does a random check and more than a certain %age fails, the WHOLE batch have to be disposed off.

In this scenario, you can see how its possible such 'original' parts are leaked out to the market.

Despite heavy security checks in huge factories like Foxconn, there are ALSO pilferages.

Another scenario how such parts gets leaked out.

One last scenario for those doubters. Actual iPhones have been dismantled and sold as separate parts. =) So always beware when buying phones from 'small shops'

Most famous is all the new samsungs who comes with fake usb cables and chargers. But the box is SEALED!! how did it happened?

Well those 'sealed' stickers are easily pried off and replaced. =)

There are another 2 more scenarios on how original parts are leaked. But those 3 above can already explain. Only 1 or 2 shop in Singapore Malaysia and Taiwan have the ability to get the original parts.

However, there is NO SUCH THING as OEM parts. Those fake parts sold in ebay or by dishonest shops and say its OEM is actually Fake parts. Logic is right by those posters, if you are manufacturing for Apple/Foxconn you WILL NOT take the risk of selling small quantities into the market.

Those 'suppliers' use the word OEM to confuse silly repair shops who think its really 'OEM'

A simple touch, feel, see test even with a broken screen against the "original" screen replacement is more than enough to tell the difference between original and/or fake/oem/imitation.

Some photos for those who still think there is no Such thing as originals. IPhone, IPad, Mac and Samsung repair | iPhix Repair | Singapore | iPhix
Buckbrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #24

Anyone have any good ipad repair shop to recommend? My ipad screen was replaced and it cracked again after a few months of usage. No drop or any hard knocks.

Thanks
natureview02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #25

Eh ipad2 can trade in to apple meh? Where ah? TS facebook reply says she repair it second time to trade in her ipad.
MESSY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #26

I went to this shop to replace my iPhone 5 screen.
Cost $160 & working well for 2 weeks.
Whole process took ard 2 hrs.
I think their service was quite ok.
Maybe TS case was an isolated one.
terumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #27

What lemon law u understand, lemon law are refering to those intangible item that u cant see n feel when at the point of purchasing.
Yes unauthorize shop do repair but its not original parts they will be like from what u buy from the first day. U think by spending that $100-$200 can get original like new, than apple all closed for business already anyway those unauthorize dealer repair for u on the spot normally do have a 7 days warranty policy, after that its at ur risk of using it.
OysterJianHao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #28
High Supremacy Member

went to SLS n saw soooo many repair shops. think good to earn $. the cost might not be that high
saw 1 even leave 2 items @ the shop. dont know why feel that they r jin brave. not worry if any parts are swapped. i will stay n see how they work

anyway repair, the original parts shld be frm apple aka those authorised shops nia where they repair products under apple care etc. shld go to them

the problem is u dont know how OEM those products are or how good the products are. Even OEM also have many diff quality
Old 20-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #29
Banned

reason glass shatterred is simple
its been replaced by a madeincina inferior quality glass
me tenant also buy a brand-new madeincina 7"tablet
when he backside itchy tried to place protective screen..also shatterred the glass
havetobuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

Always take forums "horror stories" with a pinch of salt unless all details and photos are provided. I never trust such stories until their photos and both sides of the stories are told.

Some companies like to share "horror stories" to put down competitor companies. So just be wise and do your own research before believing.
deep3lue is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.