HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cheated by a dishonest repair shop - the ipad horror story

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #31

I got to say her experience must be true.
One time I have my galaxy ace repaired.
They said they will check it to quote the repaired price.
Later they said it will cost about 80+,
I said I don't want to repair it.
But they charge me 40 as the repair was half way done.
I didn't ask them to repair it before I know the price.
I have to say that they are not really sincere at all.
I suggest you straight away go to their respective service center.
almightyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

Wonder if AppleCare+ will be offered for upcoming iPads and how much. If you take them out or have kids it's advisable to buy.
how much does it cost to replace without applecare+? for ipad air and miniRD?
Old 18-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #33

Go idevice for iphone repair lah. They are more friendly then others
Elayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #34
Banned

wow from last year
highbong2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #35

I have a similar experience with the company. Usually I don't comment much but since they deleted my Facebook post, here's my experience..

They replaced my Samsung S3 cracked screen. Fast service ~ 30 mins. Tested EVERYTHING & ALL ok. After a few hours, volume button stopped working. Went back and was informed warranty does not cover.
After getting 2nd tech to look & the diagnosis: Sound cable wear & tear. Was quoted 50% off for cable replacement. I said NO. It was working before their service. I countered, should be free. Not possible. So I end up with time & $$$ wasting, a replaced screen but volume button spoilt.

You judge lor..
gila2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #36

My experience with irepair was ok, they replaced the cracked screen, and bent chasis of iPhone 4S. I stopped patronizing them though coz I found their price a tad higher than other 3rd party repair shops. I am pretty surprised to come across this article.

Thank you for raising awareness.

Last edited by oshkos; 22-02-2014 at 07:56 PM..
oshkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #37

I had a broken glass of Note 2. Done some research, and read this thread before going.

Prior visit, I have a series of SMS exchanges that the cost of repair is $90 for cracked glass, with condition that LCD is still working fine and digitizer is responsive. Today, I went down to the shop and was quoted still S$90 at the reception.

When I agreed to the charges, the attendant start to look more serious and called her friend. She mentioned that my LCD is spoiled and the price changed on the spot to S$ 180. The LCD still displaying and the touch screen works in all areas.

I decided to hold on the temptation and returned. Now, looking a few options at a few others in Bugis.

I post on behalf of my friend Celine Lim, who got cheated by this repair shop at 38 Princep street , iRepair @ Dhoby Ghaut who does ipad repair and iphone repair and other handphone brand.

She had dropped her ipad 2 and her touchscreen glass shattered. She went on to find this shop to get a replacement done. It cost her $200 for a original replacement. The repair was done quickly and she was happy with it. However, after about 2 weeks of normal usage like playing games on the the ipad, the ipad glass shattered again. this time by not dropping but only pressing on the screen itself. Unhappy with the quality of the replaced parts, she approached the staff of the shop asking them why the screen breaks so easily this time.

She suspects it is not a original parts replacement as the shop claim to be. Instead of rectifying the problem, a lady staff accuse her of 'spoiling' her own ipad and pushing the blame to the parts and workmanship. She was asked to pay another $160 for it to be replaced. She explained she don't mind paying but felt that paying for something that is not what she wanted, was plain cheating.In pursuing the matter more, she has found out from the technician there that this certain batch of touchscreen is 'thinner' than before.

The question to them is, since it is original parts used, why would it be 'thinner'? Isn't all original part of the same quality? They cannot answer that. The staff even tell my friend they are 'kind' enough to help her for the 2nd time. is this customer service? they even bring out 'rules and regulation' of buying things in Singapore. What about the 'lemon Law' that was introduced this year October? where are our consumer rights?

their facebook page
iPhone Repairs Arena | Facebook

AFTER THAT they DELETED off the comments post made by my friend on their facebook page, luckily i took a screen shot of it before they did.

What a coverup for their cheating act! Another thing i discovered is their facebook likes are 'Bought' from agents. looking at their 'likes' graph, they have a big period where there are little or no 'like' activities in Sep and Oct. And they 'coax' ppl into posting comments after the repair.
Despicable act to lead people into thinking they are popular!

A warning to all the members in HWZ! Avoid this repair shop!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 16-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #38

Proof that the LCD and the Touchscreen works well.

I had a broken glass of Note 2. Done some research, and read this thread before going.

Prior visit, I have a series of SMS exchanges that the cost of repair is $90 for cracked glass, with condition that LCD is still working fine and digitizer is responsive. Today, I went down to the shop and was quoted still S$90 at the reception.

When I agreed to the charges, the attendant start to look more serious and called her friend. She mentioned that my LCD is spoiled and the price changed on the spot to S$ 180. The LCD still displaying and the touch screen works in all areas.

I decided to hold on the temptation and returned. Now, looking a few options at a few others in Bugis.
Leonard_Ong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #39
Banned

Bump for black shop.
mach0men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 12:59 AM   #40
Master Member

Seriously, just get AppleCare+ next time and be worry-free for a long time. If your iPad is > 2 years old, it's probably time for an upgrade anyway.
masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #41

I went to this shop to change my iPad Air battery about 7 months ago....this dishonest shop didn't even change it and charge me $150... After few months of usage my battery goes haywire.... I brought it to JB to change the battery for MR 160 only... I ask the man to check explaining to him that I have jus change the battery in s,pore....he told me that my battery is old and not change at all...
No wonder when I go to Irepair , he said that it will take bat 4 hours to change...that is their way so that u won't want to wait at the shop to see them change the battery.... I think they must hv check my battery still can last few months more then they didn't change and still charge me $150...I don't mind paying but please don't cheat...
My strong advice is ,....DONT GO TO THIS DISHONEST SHOP....
Ilovemyhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #42

Forgot to mention that the shop is in prinsep street....
Ilovemyhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #43

Steer clear of Repair Xpress located at 149 Rochor Rd, Albert Mall (Fu Lu Shou)
#S12 S188425. https://www.repairxpress.com.sg/location.php I had my iPad Mini 2 LCD glass replaced there, and the screen has become insensitive. I was charged S$80, a lower charge compared to the other shops, but repair work is quite badly done. Alphabets 'h' and 'i' has a habit of ghosting when you type them.
oshkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #44
Banned

I went there before, went there once and will never want to go back.
their customer support is horrible, last time I went to repair my iPhone 3G home button, they want to use the iPhone 3GS home button because they feel that 3G and 3GS home button is the same, ended up I have to go another shop at Esplanade to repair which is trustable.
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.