HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ipad 2 bricked after updating IOS 9.3.2

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #1

Ipad 2 bricked after updating IOS 9.3.2

Anyone experienced this issue? I have tried connecting to itunes and hard reset but my tablet is totally bricked and I can't even turn it on. I had a chat with apple support and they told me to bring to a Apple Authorized Service Provider for check. As my tablet has got no more warranty he told me I will not be getting a replacement.
styrx79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #2

Anyone experienced this issue? I have tried connecting to itunes and hard reset but my tablet is totally bricked and I can't even turn it on. I had a chat with apple support and they told me to bring to a Apple Authorized Service Provider for check. As my tablet has got no more warranty he told me I will not be getting a replacement.
happened to me and some of my colleagues too.. probably its a sign to change new ones i guess. the hardware might not be able to support. mine was prompted with some error 9. i've tried all the hard reset and dfu method, still fail. imo don't waste your time going down unless of course you want to try your luck.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Master Member

happened to me and some of my colleagues too.. probably its a sign to change new ones i guess. the hardware might not be able to support. mine was prompted with some error 9. i've tried all the hard reset and dfu method, still fail. imo don't waste your time going down unless of course you want to try your luck.
My iPad Mini 1 is still working fine (slowly though). Just updated it to 9.3.4
slow_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #4

I also have another iPad 2 (2nd gen), used to receive Error 3194 ("this device isn‘t eligible for the requested build") while doing the upgrading to the latest iOS 9.3.4. Screen is also blacked out and unable to use but I manage to resolve this by following the instructions here.

What is the error code you get while connecting to iTunes?
rabidbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #5

I also have another iPad 2 (2nd gen), used to receive Error 3194 ("this device isn‘t eligible for the requested build") while doing the upgrading to the latest iOS 9.3.4. Screen is also blacked out and unable to use but I manage to resolve this by following the instructions here.

What is the error code you get while connecting to iTunes?
is your ipad sloggish after the update? intend to upgrade the firmware for my ipad 2 to 9.3.5
currently on 9.2 feel is lagging... skeptical to upgrade higher
juuzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #6

Ipad 2 I have successfully update to 9.3.5 since its release. Not advisable to update to ios9 as it's very lag. Still best at 7.1.2 but too bad cannot downgrade firmware
dricas_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #7

No issues on latest version but feels slow. ios 7 still the smoothest for ipad 2.
Kikstyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.