iPad Air 2 Screen issues

godslayers

Reaction score
So got a replacement set and the new set is so much better - no distortion unless I press really really hard. But alas! There is a speck of dust under the screen! Sigh can't have the perfect one... Not sure if I want to get another replacement.. What do you guys think?

If its a tiny speck I'd ignore it...

Greatsolar

Reaction score
Does anyone screen goes blank when scrolling certain pages? Mine does. I need to lift my finger for the page to load.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the iPad 2 demo set at Nubox CWP. While the distortion does not appear when holding it normally, it appeared when i applied minimal pressure on the back. Think I'll stick to the iPad Air 1 which does not exhibit this issue :s22:

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my air 2, been using it for a day. Dont see any screen distortion from the way i hold the device.

The vibration from the speakers is really strong though

Sebbyng

Reaction score
Tried the iPad 2 demo set at Nubox CWP. While the distortion does not appear when holding it normally, it appeared when i applied minimal pressure on the back. Think I'll stick to the iPad Air 1 which does not exhibit this issue :s22:
IMHO its not a big issue.

I've tested the one at Nubox and the blue blotch does appear. I recently bought one on Wed (pre-installed IOS 8.1) and tested it in front of CSO. The blotch didnt appear that easily as the demo unit. I tested it again at home. I had to deliberately shake it up and down for it to appear. If used normally, it doesnt appear at all.

It's probably due to the slim design that this blue blotch are more prone to appear when pressed deliberately (from back cover) or shaken hard.

Its really to each his own.

As for me, I am now enjoying my new Air 2 with no problem with the "Vibration" or the "Screen" issues. Its just like my new iPhone 6+. No problem with the "bendgate" issue.

As everyone can see from the vastly successful sales in many countries, these so-called issues are really non-issue.

If you really want it, go for it. If you have reasons not to, then, don't.

Sebbyng

Reaction score
Does anyone screen goes blank when scrolling certain pages? Mine does. I need to lift my finger for the page to load.
Good to determine if its application or hardware issue. You may want to call Apple Support to assist you in analyzing. Alternatively if it persist, go to Singtel servicing centre at ComCentre to have them check. If its a real problem, they should exchange yours for a new one.

Sebbyng

Reaction score
hi,

any recommendation for tempered glass sp for iPad air1/2?
IMHO, if you have bought AC+, then, no need to buy tampered glass SP, which I understand its meant to prevent your screen from cracking should you drop it, versus a normal SP, which does not protect from crack screen.

If I dropped and cracked the screen, I can just go to Apple to have it replaced by topping up $68. So its either they replace the screen or give me a new/refurbished set.

Just my 2 cents.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opt for Apple care

Using normal anti glare screen protector

jmksqjt

Reaction score
received my air 2 on 11Nov,
there is screen distortion problem when holding it with my right hand.....
apple CSO suggest me to get singtel to exchange a new set ...
cox when i put it in the case, i don't see the distortion temporary, so i tot maybe can wait till weekend to do the exchange...
then today, i take my iPad out of the case, there is no more distortion problem:s13:

GoToSea

Reaction score
u got to know the right position..
but as long as you happy, dont look for it. ignorance is a bliss...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.