iPad Mini - Issue

usarmy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the charging issue, quite high chance that is the power adapter having problem. I hv drained my ipad mini twice and once with charging up from 59%. All stop at 90+- %... Then end up I gave up and use my iPhone 4S adapter and it charge without problem...

I actually work with ALab at changi city poin, but they don't hv stock to change with me, funny I thought is just an adapter... Then I called QCD to check stock availability, they told me part for ipad mini is running low, when I said I rectified is just adapter problem and demand a change, they changed their word say no stock and ask me go Eserv... Again, is just a normal apple adapter, no stock??? Hmm... Seriously doubt on apple choosing the partner! I'm still looking forward see which distributor can help and sad to say my ipad mini is brand new...

gdspd8

Reaction score
For the charging issue, quite high chance that is the power adapter having problem. I hv drained my ipad mini twice and once with charging up from 59%. All stop at 90+- %... Then end up I gave up and use my iPhone 4S adapter and it charge without problem...

I actually work with ALab at changi city poin, but they don't hv stock to change with me, funny I thought is just an adapter... Then I called QCD to check stock availability, they told me part for ipad mini is running low, when I said I rectified is just adapter problem and demand a change, they changed their word say no stock and ask me go Eserv... Again, is just a normal apple adapter, no stock??? Hmm... Seriously doubt on apple choosing the partner! I'm still looking forward see which distributor can help and sad to say my ipad mini is brand new...

Hi, I still figure why of all percentage, why must stop exactly at 89-90%.

usarmy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I still figure why of all percentage, why must stop exactly at 89-90%.

Good question, one more thing i notice. When iphone 4S power plug charging the the ipadmini, it doesnt as heat up as the the power plug comes with ipad mini. And when tipad mini turn 100% full charged the 4S plug cool down, but the ipad mini plug remain hot, despite it seems disconnecting from charging ipad at 90+-...

Zkinny

Reaction score
Good question, one more thing i notice. When iphone 4S power plug charging the the ipadmini, it doesnt as heat up as the the power plug comes with ipad mini. And when tipad mini turn 100% full charged the 4S plug cool down, but the ipad mini plug remain hot, despite it seems disconnecting from charging ipad at 90+-...

i got no idea what you are trying to say dude.

gdspd8

Reaction score
i got no idea what you are trying to say dude.

I also dun quite understand but here is what I think he meant.

Use iPhone 4S charger on iPad Mini.

- Charger will not be that hot and will reach 100%
- Charger will cool down after reaching 100%.

Use default charger come with iPad Mini.

- iPad Mini will charge until 90% then stop.
- Charger will still be very hot and will not cool down.

Zkinny

Reaction score
Here it goes.

I have tried turning the power off and waiting 5 mins before switching it on again.
The charging doesn't continue when the device is switch off. I tried turning it on and again it doesn't work.

Next, I tried using my iPhone charger, it work. The charging continue from the initial 89% bar to FULL.

Now I am really curious. Hence, I try the iPad mini charger on my iPhone. It doesn't work as my iPhone is on 92% battery.

Conclusion, can I have a replacement of that charging plug?

PetPet

Reaction score
managed to make the line appear again

posted image
41bc52596cdaf13ad07e8f6f3811545a.jpg
Hello, users who are facing this bug.
May I check with you if this a wide spread issue or just an iOS bug?

DQUEK123

Reaction score

How.to reproduce the line? Seem like a safari browser issue... I don't see this line... Using ipad mini safari browser...

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how about this irritating HWZ bug ? the top bar is always blocking the message box when i am trying to reply to a post,it happens on all my idevice and not only in safari but in chrome also.

25e6f0409247af66ddd9155a183e3f45.jpg

a743b87eda7a608711dfff959b4dd801.jpg

Last edited:

Rtcs08

Reaction score
hey

Here it goes.

I have tried turning the power off and waiting 5 mins before switching it on again.
The charging doesn't continue when the device is switch off. I tried turning it on and again it doesn't work.

Next, I tried using my iPhone charger, it work. The charging continue from the initial 89% bar to FULL.

Now I am really curious. Hence, I try the iPad mini charger on my iPhone. It doesn't work as my iPhone is on 92% battery.

Conclusion, can I have a replacement of that charging plug?

it is covered under the warranty. get it replaced.

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI, the newer ipad minis built recently comes built with ios 6.0.2.
No signs of battery drain with wifi.
Left the house with around 87% at around 4pm. Just checked 5 mins ago (350am), 85%.
This is one newly set up ipad mini. No other apps installed.

Last edited:

ice9dry

Reaction score
No issue on battery life and charging so far.

Got the iPad Mini on 29 Dec 2012! On iOS 6.0.1.

alibaba136

Reaction score
any one experience the LTE signal is shown , but no internet connection..

it can be cured by reboting .. anyone to solve this problem ?

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one experience the LTE signal is shown , but no internet connection..

it can be cured by reboting .. anyone to solve this problem ?

Hmmmm I ever experience something like this... but its more of coverage and telco prob... I cant remember if I reboot, but after a while should be ok...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.