HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

iPad PRO "Hey Siri!"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

iPad PRO "Hey Siri!"

Since I bought my iPad 12" last month been trying to avoid clicking home button and been using "Hey Siri" feature to unlock and launch apps from their.

I realized however it doesn't work without internet, sometimes a bit dumb and infinite search after you finish speech.

Do you guys know if any tweaks for this to work offline? or any other gestures that works to a tleast wake the iPad then unlock it?

It would really cool if it has same feature as Samsung S phone hand gesture to wake-up the device.
rvyne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Master Member

You can just use a magnetic cover that lights up the screen when you flip the cover over, then lightly tap ( don't need to click on it) on the TouchID home button to unlock the iPad.
Old 24-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #3

You can just use a magnetic cover that lights up the screen when you flip the cover over, then lightly tap ( don't need to click on it) on the TouchID home button to unlock the iPad.

I don't think that would be possible. I've actually bought it exclusively so I can use it as monitor replacement since most of the time I only stream netflix and watch VLC on it so if you notice in pix it has been using monitor arm permanently not for mobile use.
Old 24-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #4

I don't think that would be possible. I've actually bought it exclusively so I can use it as monitor replacement since most of the time I only stream netflix and watch VLC on it so if you notice in pix it has been using monitor arm permanently not for mobile use.
Why donít use monitor instead?
skpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #5

Why donít use monitor instead?
I owned 27" for my apple tv last time, But decided to switch to 100% iPad coz It can load videos from VLC + using it as secondary monitor (duet display) and ios emulator when developing apps. I find the 12" solve my needs except.. just looking for ways to utilized it better.
Old 27-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #6

wow.. you got "class" primary uses iPad as a 2nd monitor... cool....
Old 31-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #7

wow.. you got "class" primary uses iPad as a 2nd monitor... cool....
I always get tempted to re-setup my gaming pc whenever I staring at the 27" monitor worst might end-up buying gaming console .. Now I finally gaming free for 2months lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.