New iPad Pro OR Ipad Air 2

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mbp is a different kind of product with different features. hence, if it's just to do work, that ipad pro premium pricing is ok. It is now possible to do work on ios and pretty much every other content consumption type of thing.

but then again, some may just buy the Surface pro which takes it a step further, also at another price point.

I have Surface Pro 4, it's very good/productive as a notebook PC for travel but too heavy as a tablet just like iPad Pro 12.9. I am curious to find out if iPad Pro 9.7 will work as a travel notebook with the connected keyboard. I am using Air2 with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, does not work well, too clumsy for excel files.

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
9.7 iPad Pro has better overall spec than 12.7 inch

Better rear and front camera
4k video recording etc....

x3imPerFecTi0n

Reaction score
For gaming wise like Clash Of Clans/Royal Revolt 2 and so on.. Purely for game and surfing and movies.. Is 9.7 a good catchy? As my Air 2 is cracked. Working well but just only comestic wise all crack. Asked at SLS and is almost $500 to repair front and back housing.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For gaming wise like Clash Of Clans/Royal Revolt 2 and so on.. Purely for game and surfing and movies.. Is 9.7 a good catchy? As my Air 2 is cracked. Working well but just only comestic wise all crack. Asked at SLS and is almost $500 to repair front and back housing.

Yes just go with 9.7" screen for the better screen which is needed in your case while gaming on 9.7' handheld is much better.

x3imPerFecTi0n

Reaction score
This one depends on your needs bro. Do you need constant 4G? If not just get the WiFi version and tether to your phone whenever you need data connection.

how does personal hotspot works? can on 24/7, as long not connected to hotspot won't eat data?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how does personal hotspot works? can on 24/7, as long not connected to hotspot won't eat data?

Can turn on for 24/7 if you have enough battery juice. It won't eat up data so long no devices is connected to the hotspot.

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Forget about repairing. Just look at the refurbished Air 2 prices. 16GB Wifi $478. 16GB Cellular $618. Both options have 1 year warranty. Buy second hand 64GB with or without cellular and have remaining warranty will cost close to a refurbished 16GB.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iPad Pro 9.7" has been confirmed to have the same amount of RAM as iPhone 6s/Plus which is 2GB.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
9.7 iPad Pro has better overall spec than 12.7 inch

Better rear and front camera
4k video recording etc....

People rarely take photos with an iPad. If anyone wants full horsepower, 12.9" is the way to go. 9.7 pro feels like the platinum edition of Air 2..

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People rarely take photos with an iPad. If anyone wants full horsepower, 12.9" is the way to go. 9.7 pro feels like the platinum edition of Air 2..

Soon you'll see more people taking photos with their iPad Pro 9.7".

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iPad Pro 9.7" has been confirmed to have the same amount of RAM as iPhone 6s/Plus which is 2GB.

I am a Ipad fan but 2GB RAM probably does not justify upgrading from Air2 anymore. Ipad sales will continue to slide. I think Apple make a huge mistake on the specs of this version.

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a Ipad fan but 2GB RAM probably does not justify upgrading from Air2 anymore. Ipad sales will continue to slide. I think Apple make a huge mistake on the specs of this version.

Apple has always been quite consistent with their products' specs. It is understandable that lesser RAM and slower processor will be found in the iPad Pro 9.7".

They need to segregate the product so people will have incentive to go for specific one. You want faster processor and more RAM, go for iPad 12.9". Want better camera and better screen, go for 9.7" then.

If you notice, all the Apple product line has been like that. From the MacBooks to the iPod last time.

Even then, user experience will be of top notch quality across all product lines. You won't normally see any differences in day-to-day use. More likely its psychology issue :o

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its more than a psychology issue, I have i7 desktop and i5 SP4 and have been playing around with iPAD Pro 12.9. My iPAD Air 2 just not as smooth as those.

Don't really care now, save myself $1,200 bucks, yeepee!

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its more than a psychology issue, I have i7 desktop and i5 SP4 and have been playing around with iPAD Pro 12.9. My iPAD Air 2 just not as smooth as those.

Don't really care now, save myself $1,200 bucks, yeepee!

iPad Air 2 confirm won't be as smooth as iPad Pro 9.7" and 12.9" since it is using A8X processor as compared to A9X processor found on the iPad Pro.

parchiao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was so sure it was 4GB ram, now it confirmed to be just 2GB. Really sucks and not worth buying.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.