HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sharing of Straits Times digital subscription on iPad

Like Tree4Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #31

huh really ah? lols paisei i tot monthly only gve $2 for extra digital.

okok $12 $12 !! lelong lelong who wann share wth me
HearTs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

huh really ah? lols paisei i tot monthly only gve $2 for extra digital.

okok $12 $12 !! lelong lelong who wann share wth me
Depend you know someone who has print edition, so you can just pay 2 dollar for the iPad PDF

If not you can share online only with someone but it's not cheap if both no print edition account.
fabianlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm sure jb iPad and Android can extract pdf to read offline.
Anyone knows how? (thou ahemm.)
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Acty just realised Android version subscribed very pathetic, same as free version, only extended articles. Unlike iPad version, full as-is print version pdfs. .Really not worth Android subscription.
Old 22-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Yes, jb but only on firmware 5.0.1
As for ipad 1 no need jb & 5.1 also can.
BuddyBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
Great Supremacy Member

dun need jb to read directory...
tamago_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Acty just realised can login 2 portable devices (Tab/pad/phone) and 1 desktop (PC, Mac not cfm) at the same time. Can sb cfm.?

~means can 3 persons share?
Old 23-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Acty just realised can login 2 portable devices (Tab/pad/phone) and 1 desktop (PC, Mac not cfm) at the same time. Can sb cfm.?

~means can 3 persons share?
i not sure, from what i know desktop log in is different from phone/tablet.

PC one is not pdf right, more like just news only.
fabianlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

i not sure, from what i know desktop log in is different from phone/tablet.

PC one is not pdf right, more like just news only.
PC one is their own flash-based reader, actual print version. Function much like a zoomable PDF-reader, called FV Express, which can be loaded and read offline. Not too bad.

Technically, 4 persons can share $26+$2 delivery plan= $7 each. 1 take print, 1 take desktop, 2 take iPad version. (Forget hopeless Android version). No need spend too much on propaganda papers.
Old 23-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #40
Supremacy Member

OT abit.. im currently on a print only subscription paying $26.xx monthly on giro.. so lets say i wanna add $2 more for print + ipad, i'm require to pay upfront $28.xx..

The question is, they just deducted from giro on 18th this month.. so if i pay the $28.xx now via paypal, it would be for next month? or will the bill cycle restart? if so, what will happen to the $26.xx that was deducted few days ago?

i read the faq but i don't really understand..
B) I am making monthly payment for my subscription fee.
Yes, you can enjoy The Straits Times All-in-One Package by adding SGD2/SGD4 per month. The monthly subscription fee of SGD26.65/SGD28.65* will be charged to the credit card that you have authorized SPH to charge the existing print subscription fee. This charge will supersede your previous payment arrangements.

If you are currently paying your monthly subscription fee through GIRO, Internet Banking, cheque, etc, you will have to charge the monthly subscription fee of SGD26.65/SGD28.65* to a credit card in order to enjoy The Straits Times All-in-One Package and this charge will supersede your previous payment arrangements.

Please note that the subscription fee for the All-in-One package will be on a prepayment basis, as SPH is in the process of converting all newspaper subscription payments from post- to pre-payment. As such, the first charge for the new All-in-One Package will be reflected along with any unbilled print subscription amount.
Thanks
Old 23-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm looking for someone to share the straits times subscription with. You take the physical papers, I take the IPad subscription.

Since 2 iPads can login at same time, you can take the papers + 1 iPad sub. I will just need one iPad sub. We will share the costs.

Pls contact me at 96444005.

Thanks
How much is the subscription?
Old 23-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

PC one is their own flash-based reader, actual print version. Function much like a zoomable PDF-reader, called FV Express, which can be loaded and read offline. Not too bad.

Technically, 4 persons can share $26+$2 delivery plan= $7 each. 1 take print, 1 take desktop, 2 take iPad version. (Forget hopeless Android version). No need spend too much on propaganda papers.
I dont mind take both paper and 1 iphone login ( $14 ? ) but what if other people leak out username/pw?
Old 23-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dont mind take both paper and 1 iphone login ( $14 ? ) but what if other people leak out username/pw?
based on trust. On mobile devices, u can see the other login device, and can logout each other's devices. (That's provided u can login in the 1St place).

If no integrity,then lechay. Have to call the other party to logout his one extra device.

Last edited by touchme; 23-05-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Old 23-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #44

OT abit.. im currently on a print only subscription paying $26.xx monthly on giro.. so lets say i wanna add $2 more for print + ipad, i'm require to pay upfront $28.xx..

The question is, they just deducted from giro on 18th this month.. so if i pay the $28.xx now via paypal, it would be for next month? or will the bill cycle restart? if so, what will happen to the $26.xx that was deducted few days ago?

i read the faq but i don't really understand..

Thanks
It let u access online instantly after u register. But new payment cycle start next month with paypal.
Old 23-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #45

based on trust. On mobile devices, u can see the other login device, and can logout each other's devices. (That's provided u can login in the 1St place).

If no integrity,then lechay. Have to call the other party to logout his one extra device.
trust ... integrity ... sharing a subscription ...

Can find all three together?

Ahem ... the company that owns HWZ also owns the Straits Times

Last edited by NineNineNine; 24-05-2012 at 12:00 AM..
NineNineNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.