Who is getting the pencil

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there isn't a thread about a stylus or a pen to use on ipad

I have an ipad air.

I need a pen to sign documents on my ipad.

so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you’re just signing on your iPad, i think any good style would do the trick?

nicepal

Reaction score
Apple Pencil will be able to use on the new iPad... and it is now S$10 cheaper??? :>

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pencil will be able to use on the new iPad... and it is now S$10 cheaper??? :>

The reason it might be cheaper is also that there're rumours an updated pencil will be revealed during June's WWDC, together with the new iPad Pros.

radiancez567

Reaction score
The reason it might be cheaper is also that there're rumours an updated pencil will be revealed during June's WWDC, together with the new iPad Pros.

Believe that Apple is boosting sales for Apple Pencil, now that there is new iPad.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible, the pencil will be an awesome tool to complement the new iPad.

but one has to find a use with the pencil first, if not it wouldn't help in any way.

Primarily, the pencil is for creativity and also office work, like signing of documents or taking notes. Using pencil as a stylus doesn't work as great as your finger. :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but one has to find a use with the pencil first, if not it wouldn't help in any way.

Primarily, the pencil is for creativity and also office work, like signing of documents or taking notes. Using pencil as a stylus doesn't work as great as your finger. :D

I'll use the pencil for notes taking primarily. But I've to wait until after the WWDC and see what new stuffs Apple have.

rvyne7

Reaction score
some reviews says, the new iPad still weird using apple pencil on it... because unlike iPad Pro's which is laminated this new iPad is not so screen have some gap on it.

I'm actually due for replacement of my iPad Mini for more than a year already just waiting for this June event if what they can offer I'll opt for iPad Pro 10" instead of getting the cheaper base model.. If they dont offer new mini.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think airport will be even cheap without the GST.. I got it at the airport when flying off, it's $128.97.. hehe..

Unless you really need to travel then purchase inside. Else just get from outside.

karenwoods

Reaction score
Apple Pencil fully charged and Bluetooth connected but can’t write on iPad Pro. Anyone faced this problem before? How did you resolve the issue?

karenwoods

Reaction score
Did a one for one exchange at Apple store. New one working fine. I love the pencil.

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought Apple Pencil from Apple store today
Would like to ask around if anyone here using Apple Pencil without screen/ glass protector on?
I did not apply any glass/ screen protector on my iPad Pro.

Wondering if it does cause any scratches or issue with iPad Pro anti reflective coating, I can only find very limited info on these

TIA!

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to ask around if anyone here using Apple Pencil without screen/ glass protector on?

Wondering if it does cause any scratches or issue with iPad Pro anti reflective coating, I can only find very limited info on these

TIA!

Using Apple Pencil on iPad 2018 without screen protector.

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA!

Been writing on my 9.7” iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil with no screen protector for over 2 years now. Not a single scratch or issue with the display.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my 10.5" Pro with the pencil and a Zagg InvisibleShield, and also Logitech's slim combo keyboard case yesterday. Writing with the TG screen protector is butter smooth and I presume it should be the same without it. The pencil's tip is also very smooth but in the box itself it comes with a spare tip with an adapter for charging the pencil using the USB cable.

The thing is, is it necessary to change the pencil's tip after some time of usage? Does it really wear off? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.