HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Help!!] How to remove passcode restrictions why you've forgotten the code?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

[Help!!] How to remove passcode restrictions why you've forgotten the code?

As title!

need help urgently. will appreciate any constructive advice. thanks!

Please WhatsApp me at 9625 1553, avoid SMS and help me save the 5¢
FlushX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #2

Got prize or not?

Beside, you want constructive advice from a one liner question?

At least tell your servants if you have a stock or jailbroken iPhone plus any other relevant details!

That's my constructive advice for you when seeking help in any forum.
bluemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Got prize or not?

Beside, you want constructive advice from a one liner question?

At least tell your servants if you have a stock or jailbroken iPhone plus any other relevant details!

That's my constructive advice for you when seeking help in any forum.
sorry bro. don't be so harsh on me. was in a hurry that's why didn't elaborate much. the iphone was initially stocked, i just jb-ed it. when i mean passcode locked, i'm referring to the Restrictions function in the iphone whereby you enter a passcode to protect your apps etc. but i've since forgotten the password. is there anyway to get around this?

i just did a software upgrade from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 but it's still the same.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry bro. don't be so harsh on me. was in a hurry that's why didn't elaborate much. the iphone was initially stocked, i just jb-ed it. when i mean passcode locked, i'm referring to the Restrictions function in the iphone whereby you enter a passcode to protect your apps etc. but i've since forgotten the password. is there anyway to get around this?

restore....
Old 01-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

restore....
HUH? when you try to restore, the iphone will prompt you for the passcode leh.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

double edge sword.
can protect u , also can hurt u

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

if you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device on the computer that was used to originally sync the iPhone or iPod touch so that you can reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced to the iPhone or iPod touch, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode but your data will not be present. Refer to "Updating and restoring iPhone and iPod touch software."
Errz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #7

have you tried putting your phone into dfu mode and restoring it? if you want to keep your sms and contacts, you can try ssh-ing into your phone and manually backing it up instead of using the one from itunes. alternatively, use ifunbox to gain access and backup two folders User/Library/AddressBook and SMS. then, restore it after jb-ing.
darksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #8

Hokay.

I did all below for you coz you sound sincere.

Firstly I never used the restriction function before. So I tried to restrict Safari. Surprisingly the Safari icon disappeared from its usual spot. So I use Spotlight to locate it, found it, tap it, and it launched without asking me to enter the restricted password!! What a lousy restriction, if you ask me. Bad Apple. Frankly, go look up "Lockdown" in Cydia. I've been using that freeware to password protect some apps I use, way back since firmware 2.x days. It works (although I can work-around it too but not as easy as Apple's restriction.)

Anyhoo… to remove the restriction without knowing the password, simply do the following:
  1. ssh into your iPhone, and navigate to: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
  2. Edit to read com.apple.springboard.plist
  3. Look for these this key, SBParentalControlsPIN.
  4. Study the corresponding String - I betcha it looks familiar!

Dun ask me how to ssh, ok? Look it up yourself.
Dun ask me how to edit that .plist file.
I dunno how to use Windows de.
Well, at least you nonit to "Restore".
And now you know why Apple dun want us to Jailbreak.

We rock!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Thanks for all the help. Will try out bluemint bro's method.

Really appreciate all the help i'm getting.

Cheers to all bros!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #10

Got spare dollars make donation to Yellow Ribbon Fund, ok?

http://www.yellowribbon.org.sg/
Old 24-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #11

Anyhoo… to remove the restriction without knowing the password, simply do the following:
  1. ssh into your iPhone, and navigate to: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/
  2. Edit to read com.apple.springboard.plist
  3. Look for these this key, SBParentalControlsPIN.
  4. Study the corresponding String - I betcha it looks familiar!
!
Hiya, this is my first post here, as i only just found this forum, which seems awesome!!

I have followed your guide and when i am in the string, I cannot make out a pin anywhere? At the beginning of the string it says "random jibber enabled" is that why??

My son, who is only 4 managed to put the restrictions code on for me, so i have no clue what it is- and if I restore, it will force 3.1.3 update and i will lose my jailbreak and carrier unlock.

Would you or anyone else be prepared to help me?? I would be so grateful and i would also be willing to make the donation as requested before for your help. I know I am a newbie but I am sincere, and you would be my personal hero!
kaylis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #12

I have followed your guide and when i am in the string, I cannot make out a pin anywhere? At the beginning of the string it says "random jibber enabled" is that why??
I bet you're not a Mac user. If you are, go download Pref Setter from: http://www.nightproductions.net/prefsetter.html and use it to look for the mentioned string. It'll look like this.

But since you're not a Mac user… zip up the .plist and upload it to yousendit.com and I'll be happy to read and tell you the Passcode.

On the other hand, maybe there's a program that reads Apple's .plist on a windows machine… I just dun know what it is.
Old 24-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #13

Hey… scrap the idea of passing around that .plist.

Mine contains Licenses belonging to a couple of Cydia apps i purchased. Your licenses may be in your copy too… Oh well, unless of course you don't mind them showing up in all sorts of warez sites.
Old 24-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #14

Hey… scrap the idea of passing around that .plist.

Mine contains Licenses belonging to a couple of Cydia apps i purchased. Your licenses may be in your copy too… Oh well, unless of course you don't mind them showing up in all sorts of warez sites.
I stick out like a sore thumb hey lol. Yes windows user still for all my sins. I could copy and paste and email? or private message? I appreciate your offer of help!
kaylis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #15

pm me the yousendit.com link will do.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.