[Official] Apple Special Event Discussions

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Touch ID at the back would be a deal breaker for me.

No matter what, having to unlock my phone from the back feels unnatural.

But but android has been doing that for years Liao and proven successful. Instead of using thumb they use index finger.

The problem with this setup is unlocking the phone when it is resting flat on a table.

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh my tian.. u c me moi c u.. forever copy 不完.

Still prefer it to be at the front though..

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The phone itself looks quite bulky. The most important thing Apple must get right is not putting the TouchID on the back.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The phone itself looks quite bulky. The most important thing Apple must get right is not putting the TouchID on the back.

to me if apple put yhe touch id at the back i m still ok
but mafam to use when pay apple pay

but best is built into the screen it self
but hope it not like sammy used to use rthe screen as its sensor is a flop

chris888222

Reaction score

Agreed. Touch ID on the back will also make it very troublesome when the phone is on car mounts, or even when charging wirelessly (which is a rumoured key feature of the next iPhone).

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to me if apple put yhe touch id at the back i m still ok
but mafam to use when pay apple pay

but best is built into the screen it self
but hope it not like sammy used to use rthe screen as its sensor is a flop

Apple Pay, I almost forgot its integration with the TouchID. I think that alone must force Apple hands to develop the TouchID built over the display or even create a software home button and place the sensor there.

iOS 11 will give us clues how the iPhone 8 might function on a software-hardware level.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Touch ID on the back will also make it very troublesome when the phone is on car mounts, or even when charging wirelessly (which is a rumoured key feature of the next iPhone).

I personally find it unnatural me to hold the phone in a way that my top section of the index finger rest on the sensor. It might take us a couple of seconds to adjust it so the phone doesn't slip out of the hand or such.

I wouldn't mind if the TouchID is placed on the side button too. It's almost natural to place it there actually since most of us press the sleep/wake button in a single way.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
TouchID at the side, not possible for apple now. If need, just buy a sony xperia.

iPhone 8 touchID should be build into the display.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Well, you can question if is that the REAL DEAL... but lewis have been very spot on, so far, 100% from his leak of previous 6, 6S and 7.

So i believe that is how the 8 will look like. Enjoy!

New 'iPhone 8' Renders Shared Online Based on Alleged Leaked CAD Images

as usual, the low yield is going to be a problem. unless they push TouchID to the back. and fix it for next year's model.

AirPod 6-weeks order situation incoming? :s22:

But but android has been doing that for years Liao and proven successful. Instead of using thumb they use index finger.

The problem with this setup is unlocking the phone when it is resting flat on a table.

touch id at back middle likely means u need to use a index finger to unlock and changes the way u hold phones. otherwise another 'on screen/hidden' home cum touch id in the front is a good option

front camera lens shld still be in front, maybe on top edge.
a full display phone means super high chance of cracked screen when dropped

allegediphone8designschematic.jpg

looking at the latest leak..
I think there is a fatal flaw in design if this is proof to be the real thing..

the flash is between the 2 lenses :s22:

why a flash between lens is not good?

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
touch id at back middle likely means u need to use a index finger to unlock and changes the way u hold phones. otherwise another 'on screen/hidden' home cum touch id in the front is a good option

front camera lens shld still be in front, maybe on top edge.
a full display phone means super high chance of cracked screen when dropped

actually my problem is the position of the TouchID, it is below the Apple logo. thats not where the index finger normally rest at.

why a flash between lens is not good?

I dunno. IMO flash should be away from the lens to prevent flash blow out. unless Apple can get the timing of the flash right. having lenses and flash in a single housing is really nice I must say.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've tried it and seen it in action, doesn't feel intuitive to me.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt Apple would do something that the competition is doing unless it really improves the phone.

One thing they ought to copy is to make the camera module flush with the back though.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
How about some iphone 2018 news?

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_9_to...with_oled_screens_rumor_claims-news-25186.php

If this is true, iphone 7S/7S+ will be the last batch using LCD. iPhone 8 will be the first iphone going OLED. After that, all iphones will be using OLED.
Apparently this will be offered in two sizes, both sporting much bigger touchscreens than we've gotten used to. The small iPhone 9 will come with a 5.28" display, while the larger model will accommodate a 6.46" panel.

the rumoured anniversary edition is coming in at 5.8" (5.15" without the function display)

so we going to go 3 models cycle now?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
the rumoured anniversary edition is coming in at 5.8" (5.15" without the function display)

so we going to go 3 models cycle now?

iPhone 8 will be a ONE OFF. Anniversary model. After this apple will stick back to 2 design, one normal, one plus.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
TSMC Sources Claim 'iPhone 8' Will Have Touch ID Integrated into Display

Apple has successfully finalized a solution to integrate Touch ID fingerprint recognition directly into the display of its upcoming "iPhone 8", according to a new report on Friday.

Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) said it spoke to sources from Apple supplier Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), who apparently confirmed Apple's achievement during a technology convention held in Taipei on Thursday.

Among several design changes TSMC reportedly discussed at the TSMC 2017 NA Technology Symposium was the lack of a home button on the redesigned OLED iPhone, owing to Apple's use of "an optical fingerprint sensor to enable authentication directly on the screen".

Sept 17th is the rumoured iPhone 8 release date. there is supposedly a blackout period the week before in preparation of release. then again, it could be for iPhone 7s....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.