AirPods, now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudo2904

Reaction score
Been using one for the past few days. A couple of observations:
1. Look a bit weird (too long) but fit well. Not dropping out even when running.
2. Seamless switching between Apple Watches and iPhone but have to manually switch to Macbook or another iOS devices
3. Sound quality a bit better than Earpods (more bass) but overall not much differences
4. Battery is good since you can charge it anytime with the case

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase since I want to use across my devices and I'm not looking for an audiophile earphone.

Slavor

Reaction score
Same for me, I'm not too particular about sound quality but the truly wireless aspect of the airpods is what convinced me to get the airpods. Now if only the Apple watch has a podcast app that allows me to listen to podcasts without a phone...

Been using one for the past few days. A couple of observations:
1. Look a bit weird (too long) but fit well. Not dropping out even when running.
2. Seamless switching between Apple Watches and iPhone but have to manually switch to Macbook or another iOS devices
3. Sound quality a bit better than Earpods (more bass) but overall not much differences
4. Battery is good since you can charge it anytime with the case

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase since I want to use across my devices and I'm not looking for an audiophile earphone.

ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm... short review

air-pods received today via Qtabin
fits well no problem at all, shall use it in the gym (my main purpose)
connecting / pairing in easy peasy (like in 2s)

at $238, still abit too exp for me.

if its at $168-$188 , it will be more appealing. heehee

Last edited:

li9ht5peed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think airpods are really well designed. But wireless devices cannot and will never allow you to answer two phone calls simultaneously. Yep one phone in your left ear, another in your right and speaking to both at once.

Siri is also a great product, but not for me. There were many occasions I was talking loudly and the iphone 7 plus can suddenly wake up and answer me. I did not even say 'Hey Siri'.... Voice recognition still needs alot of improvement.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Having both the solo Beats3 as free gift and thr airpods, i really like the wireless pairing feature that appears in all the mac products with my apple id. Sound wise from the airpods are not top notch but decent enough for a commute. Will still fall back on noise cancelling headphones for flights.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Having both the solo Beats3 as free gift and thr airpods, i really like the wireless pairing feature that appears in all the mac products with my apple id. Sound wise from the airpods are not top notch but decent enough for a commute. Will still fall back on noise cancelling headphones for flights.

Functionality over performance. If you want wireless and features, this is one of the best. Performance wise, there are better earpieces outside.

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
hmm... short review

air-pods received today via Qtabin
fits well no problem at all, shall use it in the gym (my main purpose)
connecting / pairing in easy peasy (like in 2s)

at $238, still abit too exp for me.

if its at $168-$188 , it will be more appealing. heehee

you ordered from apple store?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received my AirPods. Seems like the stock is from Vietnam/ Thailand region as the package description is in both thai and viet language?

bIicLYj.jpg

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Functionality over performance. If you want wireless and features, this is one of the best. Performance wise, there are better earpieces outside.

I agree this airpods are one of the best.

Yea i have my b&o H8 for better sound auality and for flights due to noise cancelling feature. Shure 846 for hearing stuff live. Different products for different applications.

PumpkinX

Reaction score
Just got my AirPods yesterday, 8 days ahead of schedule. Very First thing I noticed is the sound quality is definitely not the best. But for what it is the volume is surprisingly loud (much louder than my LG HBS 760) and the bass is quite punchy. Didn't expect these from a tiny earbud class product.

Fit is good for me but because of my oily skin I had to keep cleaning my ears and AirPods to have a firm feeling when wearing it. But when it's clean it feel like it stays in my ear no problem. When it's oily it feels like it can fall out easily but so far it have not fall out. I've not tested with running with it yet. The auto pause and tap function seems good. Satisfied so far. This is the first apple product I've use that really lives up to the "Magic" moniker.

Lastly, if you don't use iPhone or iPod or macs don't bother to buy these. I tried to pair it with my PC Bluetooth dongle and it simply refuses to work. Might be due to my very very old dongle but still. Buying for android is pointless as there are other earbuds that will give you the exact same functions.

sdchew

Reaction score
I agree this airpods are one of the best.

Yea i have my b&o H8 for better sound auality and for flights due to noise cancelling feature. Shure 846 for hearing stuff live. Different products for different applications.

Strongly agree. I use my AirPods when I want to listen to stuff causally like Podcast and stuff. QC35 for flights and my SE846 for serious listen when I want to seal out the world.

Lastly, if you don't use iPhone or iPod or macs don't bother to buy these. I tried to pair it with my PC Bluetooth dongle and it simply refuses to work. Might be due to my very very old dongle but still. Buying for android is pointless as there are other earbuds that will give you the exact same functions.

Probably doesn't support BT4

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
maybe I should wait until shops sell then I buy.
don't know how long more, but I also don't want to wait for 6 weeks. :(

but if I buy, only my iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad mini 4 can use only.. the rest of my iOS devices cannot use cause not running on iOS 10. :(

sdchew

Reaction score
maybe I should wait until shops sell then I buy.
don't know how long more, but I also don't want to wait for 6 weeks. :(

but if I buy, only my iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad mini 4 can use only.. the rest of my iOS devices cannot use cause not running on iOS 10. :(

Technically it will work on non-iOS 10 devices the same way as Android devices; It won't auto pair with them and you won't be able to fast switch over. But it will still work.

To be honest, switching between your newer devices should be enough if those are the devices you frequently use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.