AirPods, now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekliu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that the Apple Store is open, you can go over and try them out. Quite satisfied with the demo AirPods, though the case is smaller than I expected.

did they display the airpods at the table or you have to approach them to demo on the airpods? I also wanna try out first before buying as im afraid it might not fit

chris888222

Reaction score
did they display the airpods at the table or you have to approach them to demo on the airpods? I also wanna try out first before buying as im afraid it might not fit
I approached the staff near the headphones section and asked if there was any stock, then I asked if I could try a demo. The AirPods are locked in one of the wooden shelves.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I approached the staff near the headphones section and asked if there was any stock, then I asked if I could try a demo. The AirPods are locked in one of the wooden shelves.

The AirPods are locked underneath the Headphones' cabinet.

KinMun1989

Reaction score
I am still deciding if i should buy this or the BeatsX

Beats x vs AirPods is totally different category.

Airpods is true wireless and one of the best and only a few true wireless earphones. Currently right now if I'm not wrong only bragi and Samsung gear icon x and some other Brand’s.

If u are looking for true wireless I think Apple AirPods is very good. Good battery life 5 hours medium volume. 3.5 hours max volume + 0-100% charge in 20mins.

Very very comfortable for Long hours use. I have owned Beats solo and Powerbeats after 2 hours ears start to hurt due to the pressure clamp on the solos and Powerbeats the clip on the ears start to pain.

For comfort wise AirPods win. I can put on whole day no issue.

I NEVER EVER USED EARPODS SINCE iphone days. Cuz it always drop when walking due to the wires pulling.

BUT THE AIRPODS NEVER DROP. Lucky didn't waste money.

Downside the sound quality is basically an EarPods with better base + no in line control. If u like to skip music non stop please consider. Unless u use ur phone control or listen shuffle mode.

The Beatsx the wires too Long. For me it didn't look nice.

Hope it helps. Good luck in ur hoot.

zorrus

Reaction score
Any recommendations where to get a sleeve or cover for the airpods case?

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Ordered the AirPods in mid Feb, but cancelled halfway cos the 6 week wait too long. Bought Jaybird Freedom.

Still don't like the wired concept of most Bluetooth earphones. Can't believe now still 6-week wait. Mind as Wait for the next gen AirPods. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beats x vs AirPods is totally different category.

Airpods is true wireless and one of the best and only a few true wireless earphones. Currently right now if I'm not wrong only bragi and Samsung gear icon x and some other Brand’s.

If u are looking for true wireless I think Apple AirPods is very good. Good battery life 5 hours medium volume. 3.5 hours max volume + 0-100% charge in 20mins.

Very very comfortable for Long hours use. I have owned Beats solo and Powerbeats after 2 hours ears start to hurt due to the pressure clamp on the solos and Powerbeats the clip on the ears start to pain.

For comfort wise AirPods win. I can put on whole day no issue.

I NEVER EVER USED EARPODS SINCE iphone days. Cuz it always drop when walking due to the wires pulling.

BUT THE AIRPODS NEVER DROP. Lucky didn't waste money.

Downside the sound quality is basically an EarPods with better base + no in line control. If u like to skip music non stop please consider. Unless u use ur phone control or listen shuffle mode.

The Beatsx the wires too Long. For me it didn't look nice.

Hope it helps. Good luck in ur hoot.

KinMun1989

Reaction score
Lol? Next gen? They can't even meet the demand for AirPods.

I don't think this product it's a yearly refresh.

2 years plus refresh cycle unless competition very tough.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even when next gen release, I believe the wait time will still be long since they can't even meet the demand for the current gen.

They do however restock randomly in various stores. Call them to check and make reservation sans Apple Store.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've tried AirPods yesterday in apple store. the fitting is slightly larger than EarPods and almost weightless so I felt the fitting was very secured in my ears. The sound output is slightly more punchy than EarPods

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol? Next gen? They can't even meet the demand for AirPods.

I don't think this product it's a yearly refresh.

2 years plus refresh cycle unless competition very tough.
true la .. but already got jaybird freedom .. would love to try airpods .. will drop by apple store sg to try soon.

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the AirPod on last Sunday, have say the user experience is really unrivalled. Impressed on how it work so seamlessly, just put on the AirPod and tap twice, the song will just start playing.

But when comes to sound quality, it has to compromise. I have abit difficulty in adjusting on the sound quality initially.

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw has anyone's AirPods got updated to the 3.7.2 firmware? Try as I might but mine stays at 3.5.1

DanialRohmat

Reaction score
went to iStudio @ Paragon to get a pair since Apple Store has no stocks at all.

They have 1left instocks!

CMDIiIM.jpg

pspcrazy

Reaction score

Me too...today just went to Orchard Apple Store to test the Airpods, their staff service are excellent, no hard selling and went an extra smile to guide on how to use them but I just cannot wait for 6 weeks!! Just grab a set at istudio plaza sing,but when I left an hour and a half ago,still left with 5 sets...but when iphone 8 or the ipad 10.5 launches..will buy from Orchard Apple Store!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.