Battery life decreasing so fast

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My iPhone plus 7 brought last year around 4th qtr kept on draining battery. Didn't update anything. It can drop from 60% before slp, and 20% after waking up, in a span of like 7hrs

Is it due to apps running behind that cause this? Or is it due to the increase frequency of charging my phone?

Anybody also have this prob??

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My iPhone plus 7 brought last year around 4th qtr kept on draining battery. Didn't update anything. It can drop from 60% before slp, and 20% after waking up, in a span of like 7hrs

Is it due to apps running behind that cause this? Or is it due to the increase frequency of charging my phone?

I used to have battery drain issues with my launch-day set iPhone 7. I managed to get it replaced to a different set but for another issue.

Maybe you can post a screen shot of your battery usage from Settings. Toggle the screen on time option too.

Do you have any apps running in the background? Most apps have minimal impact on this but I heard the Facebook app sucks the most battery usage on background activity.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Does it have latest iOS updates?

Close all background app and monitor

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue on mine ip7 still 100% over night after fullly charged
Until next morning when go sleep next morning still 100%

Suspect got some app on background loading u set it up to auto run

tec_geek

Reaction score
Usually the Facebook app is the one that is causing the battery drain.

You could:
1. Delete the Facebook app and use Safari to use Facebook. Use the “Add to Home” function in Safari to add the Facebook icon to your home screen so when you tap on that icon, it takes you directly to it.

OR

2. In Settings > Notification Center > Facebook. Turn off all notification for it. (I have allowed app badge icon). In the Facebook app, set the auto play videos to OFF.

Tried with both options but the 1st one has limited functionality from the Facebook app.

Switched to no. 2, and so far battery life has been better though option 1 is still the best.

And also I chose no. 2 as in iOS 11, there will be no more Facebook integration thus sharing posts from websites would need the Facebook app to be installed.

reds_gab

Reaction score
I have other suggestions:
1. Turn off as many functions as you can under Settings.
My Handoff, Bluetooth, etc are always turn off as I hardly use them.
I switch on my Location Services only when I need them

2. Log out of Facebook after each session
It takes only one more click to log on to FB after you touch the app

3. Dun install the latest version of every app you have.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, need to hold back till 11.0 liau

iOS 11 may or may not improve the batt life but on a contrary, it's a completely overhauled iOS so will 'reset' all current 10.3.3 bugs but may also introduce new bugs.

It's a never-ending process of iOS updates but I still update to the current latest all the time to keep up so just use as it is.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
background refresh turn off and notifications set to off for all social media app.

that should do the trick.

any apps that u don't use regularly, turn off the background refresh.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
background refresh turn off and notifications set to off for all social media app.

that should do the trick.

any apps that u don't use regularly, turn off the background refresh.

I turn off all background refresh.

T-Mobile

Reaction score

Sounded like an ic chip problem . Bring to handphone shop and ask them change the ic chip for u

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue on mine ip7 still 100% over night after fullly charged
Until next morning when go sleep next morning still 100%

Suspect got some app on background loading u set it up to auto run

Can last/use 2 days without a single % drop?
Airplane mode on?

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
does this looks normal?
almost a quarter battery gone.
mLxy4Gy.jpg

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check the battery usage see which app is the culprit.

I had one time encountered I airplane mode in cinema, came out drop 20%.

End up I check is YouTube app sucking 20%, not sure if it's a bug, but if you pause the video you are watching and press home, it will continue draining your battery very fast, so remember to close the app, or I think at least close the video you were watching and not leave it as "paused".

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
turn off BT

Even with BT turned on, shouldn't be like that too. My BT is constantly on as I wear Apple Watch, and the batt life isn't like that as well unless I play Pokemon Go.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does this looks normal?
almost a quarter battery gone.
https://i.imgur.com/mLxy4Gy.jpg[img]
[ms]Posted with HardwareZone Forums app[/ms][/QUOTE]

tap on e list, it will show what is eating battery in e background...

Last edited by a moderator:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.